• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I wonder if google will have Destiny 2 ready at 4k for the Stadia Base launch.

Still so odd to me that it's 1080p... although I suppose by the time Base launches at this point Google might have a different flagship pro game.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if google will have Destiny 2 ready at 4k for the Stadia Base launch.

Still so odd to me that it's 1080p... although I suppose by the time Base launches at this point Google might have a different flagship pro game.
Wish Bungie would go into it a bit and/or any plans moving forward for the platform.

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I don't know if they'd talk about why it didn't work at launch, but they'll probably announce it working now finally.
What didn't work at launch but does now Destiny 2 wise?

edit: Oh thought you said something is now working, just re-read.. so you just mean the 1080p60 + medium stuff.

Yeah I'm curious if they'll make it 4k for the actual Stadia Pro launch (when Free is out)

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny was a fantastic port, marred by Phil Harrison screaming about the unlimited power of Stadia!!!!If he would have kept the expectations in check for a first gen Stadia title the reviews might have gone differently.

Gylt is pretty damn fun, looking forward to trying out Metro

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA

edit: Oh thought you said something is now working, just re-read.. so you just mean the 1080p60 + medium stuff.

Yeah I'm curious if they'll make it 4k for the actual Stadia Pro launch (when Free is out)

Yeah I was just responding back about it being sub 4k and them come out and say we've had hiccups and having it at native 4k was causing "x" issue we got it fixed. We're glad to present it to you now. Something like that.
Destiny was a fantastic port, marred by Phil Harrison screaming about the unlimited power of Stadia!!!!If he would have kept the expectations in check for a first gen Stadia title the reviews might have gone differently.

Gylt is pretty damn fun, looking forward to trying out Metro
I honestly couldn't get into gylt at all, I bought it because it was the only stadia game, and I was bored out of my mind.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Been waiting for a good sale on MK11 and now bought it instantly (for Stadia). Played it for the first time without sounds because everyone was sleeping. Had plenty of time this morning so I was eager to properly sunk my teeth in it...aaaaaand turns out the game has no sounds! There's a fucking bug with the 5.1 output or something, but thank god the devs are already looking into it. Shit like this really makes me wonder whether they test these Stadia versions at all in user environments.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't imagine keeping it at this rate. They've done nothing to instill confidence in the service.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I was wondering why the PC gaming obsessives get such a hard-on over shitting on Stadia before I realised it's the only way they can get their kicks when console platform warring is actually moderated here. Surprising lack of "impossible until we break the speed of light" and the like in the Nvidia thread and the poll is hilarious in its lack of subtlety.

Would check it out but not being on the TV kills it for me. If they expand the devices it's compatible with thought it could be a very tempting offering. Irritating how the website only allows you to search the games instead of also having a list. Would be neat to skim through and get a sense of what I could use it for.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering why the PC gaming obsessives get such a hard-on over shitting on Stadia before I realised it's the only way they can get their kicks when console platform warring is actually moderated here. Surprising lack of "impossible until we break the speed of light" and the like in the Nvidia thread and the poll is hilarious in its lack of subtlety.

Would check it out but not being on the TV kills it for me. If they expand the devices it's compatible with thought it could be a very tempting offering. Irritating how the website only allows you to search the games instead of also having a list. Would be neat to skim through and get a sense of what I could use it for.

On a TV is literally the only way I've played it. It's perfect.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
...but you can play it on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra.
On a TV is literally the only way I've played it. It's perfect.
Oh legit?

I just read this on the website..
GeForce NOW instantly transforms nearly any laptop, desktop, Mac, SHIELD TV or Android mobile device into the PC gaming rig you've always dreamed of. Instantly play the most demanding PC games and seamlessly play across your devices.
..and assumed it was SHIELD TV only. If it's on the TV like Stadia then will check it out.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Oh legit?

I just read this on the website..

..and assumed it was SHIELD TV only. If it's on the TV like Stadia then will check it out.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about Stadia and not GeForce Now. I still think you can play the latter with a Shield TV; not sure about other methods of accomplishing that.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
So is anyone else playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I've noticed the weirdest of bugs. When you pick up an object to examine you can rotate the object as usual, but when you zoom in to look closer to find hidden details you never trigger the event where you find the secret and gets more XP. Or at least I can't do it, I'm at the flooded archive and I've still not managed to find one single hidden detail.

If it's a bug, which it seems to be, it's still unpatched after 2 months and it makes it impossible to 100% the game.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
I realize I never gave away my buddy pass. If someone here wants one let me know . Please use it for yourself or your best friend but don't like sell it

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Now i was a big fan of stadia when it first emerged. However i have gone from a perfect experience to a horrible, unplayable laggy mess for no discerable reason (yes i have taken all known steps to try and resolve it).

This was my threshold at the outset for the service and i thought they had nailed it. Well, they had for a bit.

Now i am back to my PS4. I will go back to stadia but my time is limited as it is, to then spend that time troubleshooting technical issues is not viable for me.

Google need to learn one very important lesson. People will tolerate a lot so long as they know what the plan is.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Now i was a big fan of stadia when it first emerged. However i have gone from a perfect experience to a horrible, unplayable laggy mess for no discerable reason (yes i have taken all known steps to try and resolve it).
Just in case, if you happen to be using Shaw(?) or something they had a cable break apparently

Tesla

Feb 8, 2019
I tried Geforce Now for over 2 years. But I am curious to try out Stadia.
If someone is not using his « buddy pass » I will be happy to have it.
Thank you 🙏🏾

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to beg, but if anyone has a buddy pass still I would love to get one. Not gonna sell it. Want to get my buddy in. I bought premiere and it doesn't include a buddy pass.. which is very lame.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
So is anyone else playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I've noticed the weirdest of bugs. When you pick up an object to examine you can rotate the object as usual, but when you zoom in to look closer to find hidden details you never trigger the event where you find the secret and gets more XP. Or at least I can't do it, I'm at the flooded archive and I've still not managed to find one single hidden detail.

If it's a bug, which it seems to be, it's still unpatched after 2 months and it makes it impossible to 100% the game.

That's really strange. I'm playing through it and I've been able to rotate and find the hidden info on each artifact.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
The layout and battle styles are similar to Diablo, but from my play I don't think the loot factor is as extensive. And obviously there is a smaller set of characters (but the characters are more fleshed out in terms of, well, character).
To be honest I'm not that bothered about loot, i just enjoy the gameplay of Diablo. Might give it a go, can always refund within 2 hours if i don't like it i guess...