• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got mine a lil while ago as well. Unsure I'll keep Pro but I have wanted a Chromecast Ultra for a while and I'll probably keep this around somewhat to have Destiny on my work PC. If it works well enough, that is.

If anyone wants to add some folk I'm Snarf on there.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Got mine a minute ago and got a good name, there's a load of good options left.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If I click unsubscribe on my Stadia Pro subscription, do I get to use it for the next 3 months? Just trying to disable the recurring payments. Definitely not going to pay for Pro.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
My code just came in. Came in close to 24hrs after my shipping notification. Will give it a try later tonight.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This would all be sad if it wasn't so hilarious

fucking it up at literally every turn

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Awesome. Within a minute of logging in for the first time have Destiny running in browser on my work laptop.

df69ead5-245e-47ab-a2kko6.jpeg

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I cancelled this shit...I have so many friends who ordered day 1 with a box and no code
Hey remember when MS turned on 50 new games instantly for Xcloud the other day

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Please tell me the load times are significantly better!
I've only been to the Tower and Tribute Hall (cross save works fine) but yes, better and I was Pro + SSD. Just playing with Trackpad+KB for novelty lol. Pretty crazy how a few minutes ago I was waiting for the code and now I'm running around Destiny in my browser lol.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I've only been to the Tower and Tribute Hall (cross save works fine) but yes, better and I was Pro + SSD. Just playing with Trackpad+KB for novelty lol. Pretty crazy how a few minutes ago I was waiting for the code and now I'm running around Destiny in my browser lol.
Thx, my course tonight is online...I might have to try this out on my second monitor

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
The default keyboard controls for Samurai Showdown are absolute madness.

And that's not the number pad -- that's the top row of keys on the keyboard. And you can't change the menu configuration keys.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
The default keyboard controls for Samurai Showdown are absolute madness.
EJxHlk8XsAITPPF

And that's not the number pad -- that's the top row of keys on the keyboard. And you can't change the menu configuration keys.
I couldn't imagine playing any fighting game via keyboard. I still have an old wired xbox360 controller that will hopefully work

Also just put your numlock key on and you should be able to use the number pad

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
How does it play? Is the input lag noticeable?
Honestly it plays pretty great. I've been futzing with this and Destiny 2 and it feels very natural with mouse and keyboard with surprisingly little input lag. Also works great with my XBO Elite controller.

On my Pixel 3a's a little different. A bit more input lag, but the video feed looks very clean.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any prep work that needs to be completed before using cross save?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get my stadia yet. Friday. But got my code

redeemed destiny and samurai showdown
Only game I'm interested is Gylt. Is it 4k60? The stadia test in my phone showed me 250mb WiFi optimal. Should get twice as that with the Chromecast and tomorrow I'll try my laptop surface
Stopped the pro abonnement already so I will use this 3 month and see

anybody add me ?BoomT

Almawtaa

Oct 29, 2017
Plays extremely well on my PC. Tried jumping into destiny 2 after having not played for years.

What's happening. It's going to take me a while to orient myself. Went to the Moon and everything is immune to me but my keyboard and mouse had -no perceptible delay'. I'm excited for my controllers + 4k OLED tomorrow :D i know it's not as good as the best 4k but it'll be better than my current non pro ps4!

Almawtaa

Oct 29, 2017
Glad I cancelled this shit...I have so many friends who ordered day 1 with a box and no code
Hey remember when MS turned on 50 new games instantly for Xcloud the other day
Oh did xcloud release? How's it playing, has anyone put up reviews or anything that talks about performance? I'm really curious about how it feels compared to Stadia. So far stadia is really impressive

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh did xcloud release? How's it playing, has anyone put up reviews or anything that talks about performance? I'm really curious about how it feels compared to Stadia. So far stadia is really impressive

I popped open DMC5 in xcloud last night on my phone with 5Ghz wifi and a 300Mbit connection (200~ in practice) and the lag in the menus and loading times were incredible enough for me to have to stop because I didn't want to try to customize my gear before the level. I haven't tried xcloud on PC, but I've had better luck with Geforce Now on my phone.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get my stadia yet. Friday. But got my code

redeemed destiny and samurai showdown
Only game I'm interested is Gylt. Is it 4k60? The stadia test in my phone showed me 250mb WiFi optimal. Should get twice as that with the Chromecast and tomorrow I'll try my laptop surface
Stopped the pro abonnement already so I will use this 3 month and see

anybody add me ?BoomT
How do you stop the recurring pro payment?

Almawtaa

Oct 29, 2017
I popped open DMC5 in xcloud last night on my phone with 5Ghz wifi and a 300Mbit connection (200~ in practice) and the lag in the menus and loading times were incredible enough for me to have to stop because I didn't want to try to customize my gear before the level. I haven't tried xcloud on PC, but I've had better luck with Geforce Now on my phone.
Ah that's unfortunate. But I just looked it up and it's still in beta right? Is there an NDA? I'm wondering why it's hard to find impressions.

Would be nice to get a side by side comparasion of all the streaming services under the same conditions to see how they all hold up.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Ah that's unfortunate. But I just looked it up and it's still in beta right? Is there an NDA? I'm wondering why it's hard to find impressions.

Would be nice to get a side by side comparasion of all the streaming services under the same conditions to see how they all hold up.
XCloud right now runs on Xbox One S server blades and renders at 720p. Definitely will probably improve in the future but that's where it's at right now.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried samurai showdown on my laptop surface

It's very impressive. Didn't notice much lag. Really responsive. I can't play any game with my
Surface pro .... so im really impressed.

It could turn out really great actually. Waiting my founder to try on tv.
Big I have one BIG MAJOR issue. All my system are in English. But my stadia is in French. I hate game in French. Any way to change ?

Unsubscribe? If I hit that I still get to keep the 3 months of Pro?
Yeah. I stopped it and I have pro until February 19 2020

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried samurai showdown on my laptop surface

It's very impressive. Didn't notice much lag. Really responsive. I can't play any game with my
Surface pro .... so im really impressed.

It could turn out really great actually. Waiting my founder to try on tv.
Big I have one BIG MAJOR issue. All my system are in English. But my stadia is in French. I hate game in French. Any way to change ?

Yeah. I stopped it and I have pro until February 19 2020
Thanks! Confirmed.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Glad to see people are enjoying it. For those reporting experience you should check this out and report back:

GCPing.com

Measure latency to Google Cloud regions

If possible from the same device as you are testing Stadia but at minimum from the same connection (WiFi vs wired, etc)

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Here are some tidbits in my short time with the service.

Switching controllers whilst playing Destiny changes the button prompts in game to the correct controller official icons, including those of the Nintendo switch pro controller AND the dualshock 4.

Playing Destiny using the pro controller's FAR superior triggers and HD rumble is bliss.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Is there any prep work that needs to be completed before using cross save?
None beyond what you usually do. I already had it set up for Xbox <--> PS4, and just went to the page and added Stadia. Opened Chrome, loaded Stadia and opened D2. Logged in fine. The cross save option is on Bungie.net under your profile avatar on the top right.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Played some Destiny 2 via chrome since my kit won't be here until Thursday now. Didn't really notice any latency issues, played great. Load times were about the same as they are on external SSD on my xbox but not as fast as my nvme drive in my pc.

Graphic quality is definitely below the X, it's instantly noticeable the second you see your character on the select screen and it's kind of a bummer.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Redeem your Stadia code, then go to https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave and link your Stadia account. Then you're good.
My PS4 account has less options that Stadia, do you know if it will use the rights that are associated to the platform?

i.e let's say the PS4 account did not have shadowfall

Snuck in a few minutes before class to play both in a browser and it is pretty amazing. Even takes my 360 buttons as the tutorial prompts

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
None beyond what you usually do. I already had it set up for Xbox <--> PS4, and just went to the page and added Stadia. Opened Chrome, loaded Stadia and opened D2. Logged in fine. The cross save option is on Bungie.net under your profile avatar on the top right.
Surprisingly, it gives you a warning when you launch telling you to link your Stadia account at bungie.net before proceeding. Did so and it worked flawlessly for me.
Yes. Redeem your Stadia code, then go to https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave and link your Stadia account. Then you're good.

thanks everyone I'll go do that. Still do not have my code 6 hours later.