• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah its pretty obvious, Acciari jumps backwards, off of the opposite leg that the stick touched. Bozak looks back back like, "are you fucking serious with that flop?"
Mmm no, he got his leg taken out from under him by Bozak's leg. That's a pretty natural way to go down, especially on ice. The stick had nothing to do with it. Regardless, it's still a trip.

Barbashev gets a game. THE FIX IS IN.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Mmm no, he got his leg taken out from under him by Bozak's leg. That's a pretty natural way to go down, especially on ice. The stick had nothing to do with it. Regardless, it's still a trip.

Barbashev gets a game. THE FIX IS IN.

Yeah - they certainly could have made the call but in full speed its not as egregious of a call as some make it out to be. Plus they still had an opportunity to block the shot.

Sucks to lose Barbashev but not as big a loss as Sundqvist was. Blues in 6. Might have to fly back to STL for this one...

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Of course Marchand gets nothing for....

32we0h.gif

...or intentionally spearing Binnington in the junk.

Never hated a hockey player more.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

32we0h.gif

And I know he didn't get all of 91 there b/c he avoids most of it, but we all know his signature move. He's going for the play that's gotten him suspended at least twice. This deserved a minor though.

The spear was bullshit too. He seems to have mastered his dirty but not getting suspended game as of late.

Boston used to be one of my go-to teams to root for outside the West but Marchand pretty much finished that off for me. New England were the cherry on top.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Still don't love the extra day gaps. Wish the game was tonight. I guess the downside would be they would be paired against the NBA on Monday night if there is a game seven.

Oct 25, 2017

32we0h.gif

And I know he didn't get all of 91 there b/c he avoids most of it, but we all know his signature move. He's going for the play that's gotten him suspended at least twice. This deserved a minor though.

The spear was bullshit too. He seems to have mastered his dirty but not getting suspended game as of late.

Boston used to be one of my go-to teams to root for outside the West but Marchand pretty much finished that off for me. New England were the cherry on top.
Blues fans so thirsty for controversy they've got me defending Marchand. That wasn't clipping, it was an awkward hip check. Impact is above the knees.

Another good thing about bandwagoning is the education opportunities.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Blues fans so thirsty for controversy they've got me defending Marchand. That wasn't clipping, it was an awkward hip check. Impact is above the knees.

Another good thing about bandwagoning is the education opportunities.

Have you......watched Marchand play?

This is what he does....hip check my ass.

He was probably trying to poke check Binnington when he speared him in the junk too I assume?

Oct 25, 2017
Have you......watched Marchand play?

This is what he does....hip check my ass.

He was probably trying to poke check Binnington when he speared him in the junk too I assume?
Circular argument

And if you'd watched the video, you'd see that Marchand is used in the example of clipping.

Have I watched Marchand play? Lol. I have some familiarity with Marchand, yes.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Ok, I disagree completely but that's fine. Marchand went for his signature clipping play and failed. That's what I see every time I see that video. Without his history you give the benefit of the doubt and assume hip check.

Hell we have Bruins fans on Twitter hoping for a plane crash and for the Blues to die in the fire, so at least we're talking hockey.

At least this one drew a penalty I believe.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I disagree completely but that's fine. Marchand went for his signature clipping play and failed. That's what I see every time I see that video.

Hell we have Bruins fans on Twitter hoping for a plane crash and for the Blues to die in a fire, so at least we're talking hockey.
Do you want the league to start calling Attempted Clipping then? What's being argued here? :P Do you disagree that impact was above the knees?

Either way I agree at least we're talking hockey!

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Do you want the league to start calling Attempted Clipping then? What's being argued here? :P Do you disagree that impact was above the knees?

Either way I agree at least we're talking hockey!

I'm not looking for a suspension but it should have been an interference call at least. The puck was long gone and he was taken down.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not looking for a suspension but it should have been an interference call at least. The puck was long gone and he was taken down.
Not interference, either. Was not "long gone". That would *never* be called as interference. Count the milliseconds between release of puck and the hit. Now watch the next game and see just how many times the exact same play happens without a penalty; in fact it could even be a bit longer without being interference.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As a Blues fan I have to agree that's a missed hip check and it's not interference as the puck was there when he began his check.

Some of you all would be horrified at how the game was played even 10 years ago, much less in the 80s and 90s.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Just saying that if you think that hip check is too much, you'd be at the rink calling 911 at the way the game was played. You'd be asking for a Congressional enquiry into Scott Stevens.

man, if you get upset about bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple today, you'd have RIOTED over slavery back in the day! Why you even upset about a cake, it used to be so much worse!

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
man, if you get upset about bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple today, you'd have RIOTED over slavery back in the day! Why you even upset about a cake, it used to be so much worse!

Wow, you need some perspective. Equating civil rights to a perfectly LEGAL move in hockey. Be honest, you just found out about hockey when the Blues made it into the finals and you saw it on KSDK.

Oct 25, 2017

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
I would not call what Marchand does a hip check.

Hip checks are performed while leading with your ass/hips, usually skating backwards.

What Marchand does frequently, is skate towards the person in a regular hitting motion, then crouch down at the last second after they've shifted their weight into their shoulders.

That last one wasn't bad at least.

Oct 25, 2017

Hip checks are performed while leading with your ass/hips, usually skating backwards.

What Marchand does frequently, is skate towards the person in a regular hitting motion, then crouch down at the last second after they've shifted their weight into their shoulders.

Marchand is a fan of clipping, which is when you get so low as to connect directly with the knees. And it's a penalty. Whatever you want to call this most recent hit, it was not clipping.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
The hell I thought the game was today now it's showing Sunday. Guess I'm seeing things.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
keep going, it's very entertaining! Tell me more about myself!
Not knowing you at all or anything about you, I can tell from your mannerisms, phrasing and stall peeing that you're one of those euro commies that Don Cherry keeps warning us about. Maybe you should learn more about Canada before telling us how OUR game is meant to be played, hm?

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Brad Marchand is my least favorite sports figure. He's such a smug asshole. Licking people, cheap shots, dirty plays, and lets the big boys handle the fights for him. I don't like hockey at all, but this guy makes me hate it so much.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Thst was pretty much my point. Marchand definitely didn't get all of what he was looking for on Tarasenko for whatever reason, but he was making a dirty play.

As far as the other stuff (above), I know exactly how the game has been played and how it has changed.

Oct 27, 2017
I have to cover the Bethesda conference tomorrow night so will have to "watch" the game by googling the score every few minutes. Boourns.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this. You come into an established community and talk down to us like we all literally just started watching hockey. Most of us have been watching for a long time.

This isn't news.

I had to scroll back up because I thought it was the same dude, but no there's TWO people on this page who are new to the thread and yet going "you guys all would have been SO upset about back in the day of ten years ago, this is nothing!"

what's up with that?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017

In a letter published by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Sunday, St. Louis Blues owner Tom Stillman thanked his fans after "the elation of breaking through and bringing St. Louis its first-ever Stanley Cup."

"Winning the Stanley Cup was a dream come true for so many of you. All of us will remember where we were, what we did and how we felt when the Blues brought the Cup home," wrote Stillman.

Later in the letter, the Blues literally did what no hockey fan wants their team to do before winning: They planned the parade.

"We are so very proud of our players, our organization and our fans. And now, together, we can finally say 'We won the Cup for St. Louis,'" wrote Stillman. "We look forward to celebrating with you as we parade the Cup down Market Street."

Whoops.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

In a letter published by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Sunday, St. Louis Blues owner Tom Stillman thanked his fans after "the elation of breaking through and bringing St. Louis its first-ever Stanley Cup."

"Winning the Stanley Cup was a dream come true for so many of you. All of us will remember where we were, what we did and how we felt when the Blues brought the Cup home," wrote Stillman.

Later in the letter, the Blues literally did what no hockey fan wants their team to do before winning: They planned the parade.

"We are so very proud of our players, our organization and our fans. And now, together, we can finally say 'We won the Cup for St. Louis,'" wrote Stillman. "We look forward to celebrating with you as we parade the Cup down Market Street."

Whoops.

Eh both teams have to do all that stuff, all the championship apparel for both teams is ready to go, etc.. Fans can be as superstitions as they want but none of it matters.

Someone goofed at a newspaper.