• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get on the site and download the launcher. Will be an overnight download for me but excited to jump in at some point.

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
Site and game seem to be working now.

oesNxoL.jpg

How can i access to that Hangar?

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
It's possibile to meet with other friends or the servers are random when you enter? There is a particular thing to do?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
It's possibile to meet with other friends or the servers are random when you enter? There is a particular thing to do?
You follow each other on the website, and then you can join servers that they are on. Alternatively form parties in the menu and have the party leader enter the game and everybody else confirm for spawning in the same server.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
How are the servers holding up? I just realized the whole "one ship company per day" thing, and I'll be on vacation starting Monday... boo!

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is there a way to enable autopilot and/or move something faster than max throttle or quantum? I'm trying to make a delivery to a planet but it's 295km away. Far enough to make the delivery a pain but too close for quantum.

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to enable autopilot and/or move something faster than max throttle or quantum? I'm trying to make a delivery to a planet but it's 295km away. Far enough to make the delivery a pain but too close for quantum.
There should be spots on the planet you can quantum to to get closer.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, gotcha. I have to say, I've been hard on this in the past but there's definitely something to this. I'm just zooming around in my Origin 300i or whatever and it's basically a space car with guns. I'm digging it.
The 300 right now is pretty lackluster design wise as it's one of the original models. It's in the process of being reworked, and should be on display at the expo when the Origin day hits (25th).

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Downloading now,tried it at the last free trial and was tempted to buy the basic pack for freefly and campaign but was worried about ship insurance costing real money.

Will take another look...

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The 300 right now is pretty lackluster design wise as it's one of the original models. It's in the process of being reworked, and should be on display at the expo when the Origin day hits (25th).
Oh word. Neat.

Edit: Nvm, I got it. This is pretty dang cool. Clearly in alpha, but it's nice to see that there's something actually going on here.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is this just to explore the ships in the hangar or can I fly them and see the cities in one of the videos?

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: If you have questions, feel free to join the discord. We can help walk you through any problems you may have.
Join us on Discord to play with other Era members, ask for help from Era's Star Citizen veterans, and just discuss the game in general.

Discord Link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Ok getting in was rough, figuring out how to get in the ship was rough, getting my hotas somewhat configured was rough, but I'm in for the free weekend. Is there any chance of the start packages having a discount this week? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but if I can save money, I can wait.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Holy crap, has anyone on the dev team actually opened the Mobi-Glass while in a ship?

What idiot thought this was a good idea; A transparent UI with another fully visible ship UI behind it.

At least heavily blur out the ship UI or put a darkened background to the Mobi-Glass to make it at least something approaching usable.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man it runs a lot better than last time i tried it. But I really not into the "inner thought" mode, way more complicated then highlighting something when your target hovers on it

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doh, meant to remember to DL this when I went out, oh well, gonna DL overnight then.

I'm digging the tunes on the installer at least ;)

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, has anyone on the dev team actually opened the Mobi-Glass while in a ship?

What idiot thought this was a good idea; A transparent UI with another fully visible ship UI behind it.

At least heavily blur out the ship UI or put a darkened background to the Mobi-Glass to make it at least something approaching usable.

Normally both happens. This must be a current bug.

Example:

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
So I updated to a 2070 recently, but the rest of my system won't be upgraded until early next year. I am still on a 3570k and 8GB of RAM. Should I even bother downloading the client for the Free Fly weekend?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My adventures to Lorville. (i had a pic of me at the Aerospace expo. But i forgot to save it, it seems. Sorry)
Pepu49h.png

HXB8Dko.png

6BKjrU5.png

9PQiiSn.png

t2FhrgX.png

NQPsGV5.png

5Xxl6Rn.png

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I flew to Lorville (first time flying) and the game bugged out, threw me out of my ship and i fell thru Lorville. I respawned and couldn't figure out how to leave the habitation area (none of the doors worked) :(

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I flew to Lorville (first time flying) and the game bugged out, threw me out of my ship and i fell thru Lorville. I respawned and couldn't figure out how to leave the habitation area (none of the doors worked) :(
I kept bugging out on me tonight as well. Took me a couple of hours to get there.

Sorry the door didn't work for you.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
On the habitation area, you go up the stairs, the door on the side opposite to the big windows has a button on the right side. Press it to call the elevator.

Happened ot me too, couldn't figure out how to get out of there haha

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the habitation area, you go up the stairs, the door on the side opposite to the big windows has a button on the right side. Press it to call the elevator.
Hmm, must've missed that button then. I thought I tried every button I saw.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ganyc You should tweet (If you have the Twitters of course) that last pic at the official CIG account. It's so good.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I like seeing the progress on the game, but I'll refrain from playing it myself until it's actually complete. I did try it once when it was just the combat simulator with my starter ship, and the controls were way too complex for the game's worth at the time, I couldn't be bothered spending two hours configuring everything (like I did for Elite) just so I could mess around for 10 minutes.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So I updated to a 2070 recently, but the rest of my system won't be upgraded until early next year. I am still on a 3570k and 8GB of RAM. Should I even bother downloading the client for the Free Fly weekend?

I run a 3570K, 16GB and 290x without too many issues. It's starting to show it's age though. The 8GB RAM is probably more of a bottleneck, the game really seems to require 16GB at this point.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
8GB would run into issues quickly, so I wouldn't bother. The game itself will easily use over 8GB and still appears to have a slowish memory leak that'll require even us with much more RAM to restart the client every so often.