• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doh, meant to remember to DL this when I went out, oh well, gonna DL overnight then.

I'm digging the tunes on the installer at least ;)

Wow, fuck you Star Citizen, it DL'd 12 gigs, I woke up, hit "install" and it's now DLing 32 gigs. WTF.

Am I gonna have to babysit this thing all day? I've got shit to do.

Oct 29, 2017
I got to Lorville and the game became completely unplayable. 20 seconds up to minutes of freeze with seconds of fluidity in-between. It's clearly not a system issue as the game isn't even using half of my system RAM and it was running perfect right til I landed my ship in the hangar. Is this a server issue or something to be expected?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shy's note: If someone waves to you in-game, and you don't wave back. You're a cunt. :(
I got to Lorville and the game became completely unplayable. 20 seconds up to minutes of freeze with seconds of fluidity in-between. It's clearly not a system issue as the game isn't even using half of my system RAM and it was running perfect right til I landed my ship in the hangar. Is this a server issue or something to be expected?
Is the game installed on a SSD, or HDD ?

Because i had a lot of trouble with it on my HDD (even though others haven't, for some reason. Sad face) That could be your problem.

Oct 29, 2017
Shy's note: If someone waves to you in-game, and you don't wave back. You're a cunt. :(

Is the game installed on a SSD, or HDD ?

Because i had a lot of trouble with it on my HDD (even though others haven't, for some reason. Sad face) That could be your problem.
It's on an SSD. I'm really sour now because I spent a solid hour getting to lorville just to explore it and was eventually forced to close the game... and now I can't start from Lorville again...

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's on an SSD. I'm really sour now because I spent a solid hour getting to lorville just to explore it and was eventually forced to close the game... and now I can't start from Lorville again...
Huh. I don't know then. Sorry.

Hopefully, when one of the more knowledgable Star Citizens wake up. They can help you.

Sorry i wasn't any help.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Question. For someone who backed the game back many many years ago and got the Aurora MR (I believe), is there anything new we get or we are still stuck to that ship?
Not that I dislike it (I find the small size comfy for a one man space travel), just wanted to enjoy whatever content I have!

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Question. For someone who backed the game back many many years ago and got the Aurora MR (I believe), is there anything new we get or we are still stuck to that ship?
Not that I dislike it (I find the small size comfy for a one man space travel), just wanted to enjoy whatever content I have!

You can now both buy and rent ships using ingame money. Additionally, right now during the anniversary event there are ship sales from different manufacturers each day and you can check them out ingame in the expo area and rent them for free (not sure for how long though, might be either 24h or for duration of the event).

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I'd spend $5 and upgrade that piece of shit into a Mustang Alpha.

The Aurora series are flying bricks, completely useless shit and even CIG makes jokes about the damn thing.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, is that a sale upgrade or lifetime upgrade? Do we lose any of our original KS package rewards? (Like free lifetime insurance I believe was a Ks Backer reward)

It's lifetime upgrade. They had ship upgrade tool (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ship-upgrades) up for I think at least 2 years now and you can ugprade any of your ships while keeping all your package rewards and just pay the difference. With anniversary event going on, you can for example upgrade your Aurora to limited RSI Polaris that's on sale right now, pay the ~700$ difference and keep LTI and all your previous rewards.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017

That really sucks. It could be an issue with CPU. If your CPU is on the older side the AI there will hammer it. So if you are having issues there you may want to avoid levski (personally I would go there to test but I am crazy like that). But everywhere else in the verse other than those two Cities will give you great performance. like the rest of planet hurston might not give you trouble. I make no promises about the Savannah biome.

You get a Cutlass black to traverse with for the event. It is powerful for its size.

ScreenShot0100.jpg

Lol, is that a sale upgrade or lifetime upgrade? Do we lose any of our original KS package rewards? (Like free lifetime insurance I believe was a Ks Backer reward)

When you upgrade a ship in the package only the ships change, everything else in package stays the same including insurance. If you have LTI then it stays there. My only warning for original backers or ones with physical packages is that you may not be able to buy them back on buyback page. So make sure you want that ship before you commit.

Avalt

Nov 3, 2017
I just bought the Anvil Arrow game package for $80. This free fly event sold me on the potential lol

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
Hurstons landscape is beautiful (too bad they destroyed the planet)

squadron42-starcitized9efb.jpg

squadron42-starcitizef2dtx.jpg

squadron42-starcitizezsec0.jpg

i really like the arrow, cute little ship with great fire power

Oct 29, 2017
That really sucks. It could be an issue with CPU. If your CPU is on the older side the AI there will hammer it. So if you are having issues there you may want to avoid levski (personally I would go there to test but I am crazy like that). But everywhere else in the verse other than those two Cities will give you great performance. like the rest of planet hurston might not give you trouble. I make no promises about the Savannah biome.
Yea I'm running a 6700K at 4.0GHz, 16GB of ram and a GTX 1080 and it's installed on an SSD. It generally ran quite well but the area around Lorville definitely tanked my FPS, it was under 30fps for sure but no stutter or freezing. It's only when I got out of my ship in the hangar that everything went crazy, the game was jumping from long stretches of being frozen with short bursts of running normally in between. Completely unplayable and changing settings did nothing to help.

Another weird thing I noticed is somehow between my first and second play session I lost all my currency, not sure how that happened.

EDIT: Oh what the hell I logged back in and I'm in Lorville! Sweet!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hurstons landscape is beautiful (too bad they destroyed the planet)

Looking around Hurston makes me want to be an eco-terrorist pirate that specifically targets Hurston Dynamics assets out in space.

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017

The arrow is a nice little ship but most the small ships are great to fly.

M50, Mustang, Hornet, 85X, Razor, Gladius, Avenger and even the sabre (which is slightly bigger).

Really kinda tempted by the ORIGIN 125A in Black as it looks really great for a bang around ship on planet surfaces like the Razor or M50.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm running a 6700K at 4.0GHz, 16GB of ram and a GTX 1080 and it's installed on an SSD. It generally ran quite well but the area around Lorville definitely tanked my FPS, it was under 30fps for sure but no stutter or freezing. It's only when I got out of my ship in the hangar that everything went crazy, the game was jumping from long stretches of being frozen with short bursts of running normally in between. Completely unplayable and changing settings did nothing to help.

Another weird thing I noticed is somehow between my first and second play session I lost all my currency, not sure how that happened.

EDIT: Oh what the hell I logged back in and I'm in Lorville! Sweet!

Wow I have almost the same setup, except I have 32 GB and M2. I can get up to 40in airport area and 25 in levesden. It may have been a bug. That reminds me of one particular PTU that had those stutters. Totally brutal experience.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, I decided to jump in during the free fly and it's really, really neat. Of course, I crashed into the hangar while landing in Lorville and my crime stat allegedly rose (despite it being "empty"?), but alas!

I also have no idea what on earth I'm doing or why I'm doing it. Is there a guide out there?

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, I decided to jump in during the free fly and it's really, really neat. Of course, I crashed into the hangar while landing in Lorville and my crime stat allegedly rose (despite it being "empty"?), but alas!

I also have no idea what on earth I'm doing or why I'm doing it. Is there a guide out there?

Bored Gamer updated a quick start video people can use to get into Star Citizen

From OP

New Player Guides
__________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some links that should get you on your way in the game:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even on low it is a looker.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday was Aegis Dynamics, and it was fittingly located on the Idris floor. Today is Drake Interplanetary, and it's no longer an option. They might unlock all floors after the individual manufacturer days.

Yeah, I was able to catch the tail end of the Aegis display. That hammerhead...nuts.

The sense of scale in this game is unlike anything I've played? It's weirdly akin to like...GOW3.

Mb9gpVa.jpg

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Redownloaded it.

Still feels buggier than I liked in onfoot sections even on the starting station. Makes me think it's gonna be a few more years before they get it to a decent level of polish.

Couldn't get the map to load in my mobiglass when in a ship. Actually had a worse time when I last tried over a year ago.

Oh well.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was able to catch the tail end of the Aegis display. That hammerhead...nuts.

The sense of scale in this game is unlike anything I've played? It's weirdly akin to like...GOW3.
Idris aside, you should have seen the Reclaimer (another Aegis ship) if you thought the Hammerhead was big. It was probably on the other floor from the HH. (Aegis took up 3 floors.) I say probably because I didn't bother going to anything other than the Idris floor seeing as how I've seen (and flown) everything else on display. One downside to being in an org with access to everything is that this expo is kind of boring outside of the Arrow/Hawk/F8/300i/Idris.

cyress8

Avenger
Press F2 and double right click. It will zoom the map out completely.

What exactly was the map doing when you opened it? Oddly enough, the map is the least buggy thing in game right now. It just need a better UI and a few small bug fixes.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of questions:

1. Any idea when the anniversary sale is over?
  2. If I upgrade a ship within a GAME PACKAGE, will I keep said game package (i.e., access to the game / game download)?
Thank you!

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
If I upgrade a ship within a GAME PACKAGE, will I keep said game package (i.e., access to the game / game download)?
Only the ship wihtin the package gets changed. You keep the rest. If you have a ship with LTI and upgrade it, the upgraded ship will have LTI.

That's why people now bought the Arrow LTI package, so in the future they can upgrade it to any ship they are after and keep the LTI. I did it too, bought the Arrow LTI and with all the store credit I had upgraded it to a Carrack.

LTI = LifeTime Insurance

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Only the ship wihtin the package gets changed. You keep the rest. If you have a ship with LTI and upgrade it, the upgraded ship will have LTI.

That's why people now bought the Arrow LTI package, so in the future they can upgrade it to any ship they are after and keep the LTI. I did it too, bought the Arrow LTI and with all the store credit I had upgraded it to a Carrack.

LTI = LifeTime Insurance

Beautiful. So if I decide I don't want the Arrow from my package, I should be able to upgrade that, keep its LTI, and keep the game itself.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
When does the insurance period begin to run? For example, if I buy a ship with 3 month insurance tomorrow--does it run from tomorrow onward? Or does it run from release onward?
I believe it's going to begin when the MMO officially launches, but don't quote me on that ;) Maybe someone here has some info about that.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
The reliant really is an interesting design. It's kind of useless but it's a very unique ship, I like it. I recommend trying it out.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
This free fly build runs well but can't seem to get a comms when trying to dock at the city.
Still new to the game so might be me.