• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. So you are saying to me that I could earn a lot of aUEC if I purchase Prospector for $155? :)

I shudder to think how much time would I need with my starter ship to earn enough of ingame cash to even rent Prospector. :D
I dont think that renting will be that expensive for smaller ships. We'll see :)

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I hope that Economy will be heavily re-balanced, that ship mods can be cheaply insured, and that PU award for finishing the SQ42 will be substantial.

But OK, I'm so far satisfied with this Alpha. Lots of things are left to be done, but what is here shows great promise.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Economy will be heavily re-balanced, that ship mods can be cheaply insured, and that PU award for finishing the SQ42 will be substantial.

But OK, I'm so far satisfied with this Alpha. Lots of things are left to be done, but what is here shows great promise.
I think the community has been pretty vocal in making sure they know we aren't happy with the little-rewards for our missions etc, and CIG has been pretty good in responding to feedback.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game not give you a waypoint when you accept a mission?

How the hell do I find out where to go?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Does this game not give you a waypoint when you accept a mission?

How the hell do I find out where to go?

When you accept the mission, you do get a waypoint. But sometimes you need to manually plot a multiple-jump route to get there [usually jump to the nearby planet, and then another jump to the destination].

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
My char dies EVERY TIME I tried to enter the ship when carrying the box during those wrecked space station "retrieve box" missions. Any way to prevent that stupid death trigger?

edit - It seems like box has nothing to do with it, death is almost certain whenever I want to enter my small Aurora hatch when in zero-g. ~_~

Last edited:

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
My charachter dies EVERY TIME I tried to enter the ship when carrying the box during those wrecked space station "retrieve box" missions. Any way to prevent that stupid death trigger?

Which ship? Is that the abandoned starfarer one?

To be honest if it happened more than once it is probably a bug that needs to be reported.

EDIT: That reminds me, The kiosk at levski were culprits for crashes and I avoided them because I purchase things the old fashioned way. So for now be careful of kiosks in Levski.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you accept the mission, you do get a waypoint. But sometimes you need to manually plot a multiple-jump route to get there [usually jump to the nearby planet, and then another jump to the destination].
What does the waypoint look like? Does it show up on the star map?

Also is there fuel management in this game right now? I've just been jumping around all willy nilly, don't know if it's possible to get stranded like in Elite.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
My Aurora MR.

Where can I report a bug that is not causing a whole client crash?

You report them to the same place just click on correct module. PTU issue council, the issues do not be as intense as client crashes, they need to know them all because a simple issue might be indicative of a larger problem so it is best to report it. Try searching first to see if people already have the issue. Then you can put your information under replication of same issue.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council

Also is there fuel management in this game right now? I've just been jumping around all willy nilly, don't know if it's possible to get stranded like in Elite.

I don't know I never got stranded myself. The ships gain fuel passively but I always made single jumps within a system. Hurston is the only upcoming location that may require refills at truckstops.

Depending on ship the waypoints may be different colors but they normally look like triangles. They become noticeable because in QT without a waypoint you will see multiple jump points. When you have a waypoint selected you should only see one.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For what it's worth guys, we do have a 3.2 OT (that will be soon updated to 3.3) in the Gaming section.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-citizen-alpha-3-2-mining-rocks.7717/

This thread is mostly for long term talks, deep discussions, a place to hide from the trolling and what not. Feel free to keep posting in here though.

OP
OP
Raticus79

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess now would be a good time for updating it since it's out on PTU for everyone. The alternative was to wait for live release when things are more stable.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess now would be a good time for updating it since it's out on PTU for everyone. The alternative was to wait for live release when things are more stable.
We might as well wait for 3.3.5 to be honest, no point updating it until the headlining features are in otherwise we'd be updating again.

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
To those of you who already experienced it, do we keep the ships bought ingame between patches?

With a group of friends we are currently planing on making enough aUEC to buy a Hammerhead by smuggling Widow, quite time consuming, but fairly doable with enough dedication. Since CIG usually resets our character inventory whenever a new build is released, we are quite concerned about the fate of this project.

Oct 25, 2017
To those of you who already experienced it, do we keep the ships bought ingame between patches?

With a group of friends we are currently planing on making enough aUEC to buy a Hammerhead by smuggling Widow, quite time consuming, but fairly doable with enough dedication. Since CIG usually resets our character inventory whenever a new build is released, we are quite concerned about the fate of this project.

I don't believe so. However you can fly the Hammerhead upcoming on the Aegis free fly day.

And yes, the rental prices are ridiculous for the paltry amount able to earn in game.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's what we feared. A bit bummer, we will still try to accomplish this, or focus on other ships, it should keep us busy actually playing the game at least.

Money can be gained quite rapidly though imo. Yesterday on our evening we managed to generate around 200k of profits with a single Freelancer, by occupying Jumptown and shooting down anyone coming by.

Any other activity besides Widow selling is quite useless tho' if you plan on getting rich quickly.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe so. However you can fly the Hammerhead upcoming on the Aegis free fly day.

And yes, the rental prices are ridiculous for the paltry amount able to earn in game.

Rental prices are free for now. The stores New Deal and Teach's do not rent, they sell.

No one should have been able to earn enough in the live versions. They did persist across the test universe but those are totally different environments/servers so there is no way to tell.

Oct 25, 2017
This might be old news, but my friends and I randomly came across a bunker in the middle of nowhere. It's about 95 km outside of Lorville. This is not the one "south" of Lorville that is from the CIG demo, but it is the same building asset. Difference is that the AA was not active, and there was no elevator inside so you can't explore.

LQIDanC.png

It was fucking mind-blowing to come across this randomly after flying aimlessly for ~2 hours.

Also came across this monstrosity shortly thereafter.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, yes it was :)
grabbed a 970 Evo on sale

rest of specs are-
CPU - AMD 1800X
GPU - GTX1070
16GB ram

and then somebody pointed out that T.16000m FCS were on sale so that 2 of them were cheaper than the set so.... now I have 2 of them lol
LOL. Hope you're enjoying your time on the game.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So I pledged way back in 2014, and tried some of the modules back then. I have been sort of up to date with what they've been doing and what's next but never actually booted up the game myself again until yesterday. I know the framerate is crap for everyone and limited by servers themselves regardless of what settings you run the game on. However is this constant stuttering and spikes normal for everyone? Cause I don't see much of it in the videos I watch. Can't really imagine how people are currently playing this regularly if it's like this for everyone.

I've got i7 6700K, GTX1080, 32GB RAM and running the game on an SSD.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So I pledged way back in 2014, and tried some of the modules back then. I have been sort of up to date with what they've been doing and what's next but never actually booted up the game myself again until yesterday. I know the framerate is crap for everyone and limited by servers themselves regardless of what settings you run the game on. However is this constant stuttering and spikes normal for everyone? Cause I don't see much of it in the videos I watch. Can't really imagine how people are currently playing this regularly if it's like this for everyone.

I've got i7 6700K, GTX1080, 32GB RAM and running the game on an SSD.

The experience should be a lot better than previous patches, but there is still a lot of hitching and stutters going around. That said, with those specs you should be having a waaay better experience than me, so I'm tempted to blame the server you were on.
Did you try another server?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Heavy stuttering is almost entirely limited to the major hubs such as Lorville, Levski, PO, etc. in my experience. Elevators in particular can cause a pretty big hitch during the magical teleportation stage. Once you're away from those areas the only times I can think of getting somewhat consistent drops is during the initiation of QT or right as it finishes. Basically all of these are the times where the game is having to stream in a lot of data.