• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Didn't they use Cryengine, later Lumberyard? Also, many games take years to develop interconnected web of systems, so I don't see how SC is different in this regard.
Yeah they used Cryengine, which now is something totally different.

While true, the interconnected system in SC is normally much more advance, making it harder to connect em.

Basically this.

They started out with the Cryengine and pretty much made it their own in all but name. By now it's able to do stuff that none of the other big engines is capable of and when they finished their meshing system, they have basically build an incredibly solid and specific base to build their game further on.

Taking another engine and just using it as is wouldn't have been a possibility with what they are doing with this game.
There are many tech video floating around that show pretty mindblowing stuff - even if not all of that transitions to a "wow" on screen.

And the systems are build in a way that they can use it pretty much wherever and they interlock with each other in a specific way.
Having a planet that has actual clouds that provide a weather system and real time shadows that are visible from the planet and from space is mindblowing to me.

Add to that biomes and gravity and the new flight model and pressure etc. etc. It's insane compared to most other games that don't try to simulate all of this but fake around it in an (quite often convincing) way.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Phew. Even their latest CitizenCon demo couldn't hide how bad it is. This part was awkward as hell (55m08s). I'll never understand how this sort of interaction mode made it beyond the whiteboard, let alone getting into the game as a default system for years:

System was designed to be as generic as possible, so they can apply it to everything.
Most of its clunkyness will be resolved soon when they implement keyboard shortcut for most common actions.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We already established that few games did but they don't count for reasons.

Not to mention that we still don't know how much Star Citizen actually COSTED so far, only how much it made.
Sure, both will turn out to be the same thing IF they run out of money in the next three-to-six months I guess.

Actually Cloud Imperium is very open about their financials. I think the books are only open for 2012 -2017 though. I pored over them when they came out because it was a rare look at the financials of a multi studio production.

I can't remember the exact costs, but it was close to $180m for the whole period iirc.

Edit: I was close! 193 million.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
There's still no game here.

There's a word for what they've done so far: it's a tech demo. A very expensive and highly publicized tech demo, but still a tech demo nonetheless.

They have nothing even remotely approaching what could be considered even the skeleton of a complete product.

Completely, objectively, demonstrably false. It's already more of a game than Elite Dangerous, which I played for thousands of hours. It has FPS shooting gameplay, MMO gameplay, a fully explorable city and more. I'm not sure what you consider a game.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically this.

They started out with the Cryengine and pretty much made it their own in all but name. By now it's able to do stuff that none of the other big engines is capable of and when they finished their meshing system, they have basically build an incredibly solid and specific base to build their game further on.

Taking another engine and just using it as is wouldn't have been a possibility with what they are doing with this game.
There are many tech video floating around that show pretty mindblowing stuff - even if not all of that transitions to a "wow" on screen.

And the systems are build in a way that they can use it pretty much wherever and they interlock with each other in a specific way.
Having a planet that has actual clouds that provide a weather system and real time shadows that are visible from the planet and from space is mindblowing to me.

Add to that biomes and gravity and the new flight model and pressure etc. etc. It's insane compared to most other games that don't try to simulate all of this but fake around it in an (quite often convincing) way.
Well of course none of the big engines seem to not be capable of what CIG is doing, Star Citizen requires an SSD to work, anything else and you'll get a slideshow instead.

The apparent seamless nature is something you'll see by the end of next year.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
User banned (1 day): trolling over a series of posts
it's the fyre festival of games. chris roberts even looks a little like the perpetrator of that fiasco.

in the fyre documentary, they also keep upselling people to generate more needed money.

the only difference is that festival had a fixed date so they couldn't keep the incompetence grift going. Chris roberts has no such issue. it's a legendary scam. Not on purpose, more of a "i'm incompetent and like to roll in money and have no shame whatsoever" scam.

$300 million dollars wasted. They should've given it to Kojima.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
it's the fyre festival of games. chris roberts even looks a little like the perpetrator of that fiasco.

in the fyre documentary, they also keep upselling people to generate more needed money.

the only difference is that festival had a fixed date so they couldn't keep the incompetence grift going. Chris roberts has no such issue. it's a legendary scam. Not on purpose, more of a "i'm incompetent and like to roll in money and have no shame whatsoever" scam.

See, this is a shitpost if anyone asks and don't add anything to the discussion where there are relevant concern that could be discussed.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

But does Sam trip and fall because of gravity, or because it's hardcoded?

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I played this during the free week, and honestly it was a terrible experience. I have no faith in this thing.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

SC thread drive-bys should be called fly-bys. They're as entertaining as listening to fly-bys in game:

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Has no other developer, like one more experienced, effective, faster, like anyone else, tried to tap into their market and offer something similar?, you know trying to eat their lunch? Heck they could probably start now and beat them to the punch. The space whales clearly exist.

Nothing that I saw from their last demo on the aptly named CitizenCon left me wowed, the space part still looks like Taikodom but with current graphics

Oct 31, 2017
Has no other developer, like one more experienced, effective, faster, like anyone else, tried to tap into their market and offer something similar?, you know trying to eat their lunch? Heck they could probably start now and beat them to the punch. The space whales clearly exist.

Nothing that I saw from their last demo on the aptly named CitizenCon left me wowed, the space part still looks like Taikodom but with current graphics
This must be that Dunning-Kruger thing people sometimes talk about.

The less you understand about something, the more you'll underestimate what it takes to achieve it.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If we are talking about Space sims, of course there's plenty like Star Citizen

Elite Dangerous
X4 Foundations
Space Engineers
No Man's Sky

Although all of them lack one thing or another feature from SC, different aesthetics, etc. You can pick your poison, because each one of them have their owns pros and cons compared to each other.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. I've gotten so much entertainment out of this game and I've not even donated to it. And it's so guilt-free too. Either it's the biggest scam of all time and gullible rich people are emptied of their pockets by other rich people. Or it'll be a game released in the future that might actually be fun to play. But in the meantime, every time there's a fundraiser to make more money by selling thousand dollar shops or whatever, this drama pops up with the most virulent fanboy defending vs the people shocked that SC exists. Being on the background of this is legitimately amazing. Lol.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Ok wait,

I'm currently browsing the /r/StarCitizen subreddit for the first time and someone posted that he's now part of the "Chairman's Club" as a Wing Commander.

After googling what it means, people are saying you can get to that rank once you spend 10 000$... yes, 10k.

...what?

Edit: And someone else is saying they're 2 rank above that which is Legatus Navium which is 25 000$

... I'm out.
Complete with your very own concierge to answer your every questions and needs, an exclusive forum just for those that spent more than 1,000, and of course this wearable perk;

Jacopo_Top_Hat_%26_Monocle.png
If you want a tweet that sums up Star Citizen it's this

I don't really care about the development costs or stuff about how long its taking or how far off it is from being feature complete. It's whatever. But this shit is gross and as far as I know basically unheard of for a non-F2P crowdfunded game.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
See, this is a shitpost if anyone asks and don't add anything to the discussion where there are relevant concern that could be discussed.
My concern is it's a scam, and it's relevant because this is a thread about how much money Robert has allegedly "grifted" without being in sight of delivering a finished product, after delaying the release date billions of times. Three hundred motherf'ing million dollars! 50% more than World of motherf'ing Worldcraft (+ 4 years worth of servers and support!!!).

Can I ask how much money you paid for this game?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other problem is, CIG clearly underestimate what it takes to achieve it.

So many statements that they are close, but it's 2019, and what they've achieved is just a fraction of what was promised.

May 10, 2019
From this...

source.gif

giphy.gif

Too this...

DiligentWelltodoGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

BigDarkEgg-max-1mb.gif

Has been a Wing Commander fans dream for decades and I really hope it becomes reality. For now, I can only still dream.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much is from selling that primo virtual real estate:

Star Citizen, the ambitious collection of spacefaring games from Chris Roberts and his team at Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), is now selling licenses for the right to eventually acquire land in-game.

Neither the plots of land, nor the planets that they will be on, are currently available. CIG said that land rights, which cost $50 each, will entitle the purchaser to a single four-kilometer square plot zoned for either commercial, residential or industrial use as well as an in-game item with which to make said claim. No date has been given as to when land claims can be made.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/29/16714976/star-citizen-selling-plots-of-virtual-land

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Which is flat out wrong. Now you are moving to other areas that has nothing to do with your initial post that I am commenting. So to above, would you not say that tech regarding a planet sized city, traverse from ground to space and reverse, FPS module, planet tech (v2 or was it 4), multi-crew ships as not substantial features?

While this is far from a finished product, we are talking about what have been delivered, not what is left.
Let me translate this so that you can understand. You walk into a restaurant and the chef tells you that for $100, he'll make you the best steak and sides course you've ever had in your life. The course consists of a Kobe steak (medium), bacon-gruyere mashed potatoes, parmesan roasted broccoli, and a cobb salad. For dessert, he'll make you the best cheesecake you ever had and he'll also throw in a bottle of Emmanuel Rouget wine. He then asks you to pay upfront and then he'll bring things out as soon as they're ready.

After waiting for two hours, he brings out the broccoli dish and then tells you he has no idea how long it'll take for everything else to be finished. Remember, you've already paid for the meal. Do you think the broccoli represents anything of substance when he's promised you all of that other stuff?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Let me translate this so that you can understand. You walk into a restaurant and the chef tells you that for $100, he'll make you the best steak and sides course you've ever had in your life. The course consists of a Kobe steak (medium), bacon-gruyere mashed potatoes, parmesan roasted broccoli, and a cobb salad. For dessert, he'll make you the best cheesecake you ever had and he'll also throw in a bottle of Emmanuel Rouget wine. He then asks you to pay upfront and then he'll bring things out as soon as they're ready.

After waiting for two hours, he brings out the broccoli dish and then tells you he has no idea how long it'll take for everything else to be finished. Remember, you've already paid for the meal. Do you think the broccoli represents anything of substance when he's promised you all of that other stuff?
Rofl that has to be the worst analogy I've ever read.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Let me translate this so that you can understand. You walk into a restaurant onto an empty plot of land and the chef a businessman tells you that for [a share of] $100, he'll [build a restaurant in the future and] make you the best steak and sides course you've ever had in your life. The course consists will consist of a Kobe steak (medium), bacon-gruyere mashed potatoes, parmesan roasted broccoli, and a cobb salad. For dessert, he'll make you the best cheesecake you ever had and he'll also throw in a bottle of Emmanuel Rouget wine. He then asks you to pay upfront and then he'll bring things out as soon as they're ready begin putting together a team to begin construction on the restaurant.

After waiting for two hours, he brings out the broccoli dish and then tells you he has no idea how long it'll take for everything else to be finished. Remember, you've already paid for the meal. Do you think the broccoli represents anything of substance when he's promised you all of that other stuff? wonders why the **** you were expecting a restaurant to be built so quickly, and asks if you even contributed to the project in the first place, have read any of the weekly updates he and his team have been putting out throughout one of the most transparent restaurant construction processes in history, or if you're just yet another randomer dropping by to share his uninformed opinion.
Fixed that for you.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My concern is it's a scam, and it's relevant because this is a thread about how much money Robert has allegedly "grifted" without being in sight of delivering a finished product, after delaying the release date billions of times. Three hundred motherf'ing million dollars! 50% more than World of motherf'ing Worldcraft (+ 4 years worth of servers and support!!!).

Can I ask how much money you paid for this game?

why is how much I have invested interesting?

But 0 which you can verify by my post history.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, writing myriads of words and putting out tons of demonstrations and roadmaps and whatnot of component modules or subsystems or whatever you want to call the bits and pieces of tools and tech that may at some point in the future form the basis for what people want Star Citizen to be is not making the game, it's a damn behind-the-scenes documentary in the making.

None of those nitty-gritty technical details are of any relevance to your consumer. If you're designing a new model of automobile I am not remotely interested in the inner workings of your assembly line process or your boasts about the shiny new CNC machine you got to create your perfectly sculpted engine assemblies. That's the easy part. Just like determining the exact nature and capabilities of your software tools and the underlying software processes behind the advertised features of your new game is also the easy part.

And that's what gets me about the whole thing. There's a smattering of kinda sorta functional systems and gameplay slices that on their own are actually quite interesting despite clearly being incomplete or buggy and there are indeed quite a few novel and intriguing gameplay and technical elements that haven't really been seen before (jury's out on if they're any good, but then, figuring that out is the whole point of prototyping). Which is all fine and good. But there's this naive expectation that once all of these disparate prototyped mechanics are ironed out that it's just gonna be smooth sailing to make a complete game out of them to which I say, uh, no. Not even close. If there are 100 steps to getting to the Star Citizen that CIG promised and that backers evidently want then they're still on step 5. They are not even close to finished.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Current build is quite entertaining already.
Should be quite unique experience within a year.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Completely, objectively, demonstrably false. It's already more of a game than Elite Dangerous, which I played for thousands of hours. It has FPS shooting gameplay, MMO gameplay, a fully explorable city and more. I'm not sure what you consider a game.
This I find actually true, at least for a sandbox an options, as for the game elements not so much, but that's to be expected considering what they're prioritizing. Like Elite has a mission structure, and a loop somewhat. But the reality is it didn't have much to do aside from blowing up some ships for credits and zipping around space. Sure there was 400 million star systems. But once you've been through a few dozen you had largely seen them all. There was also only a handful of ships.

Don't get me wrong, I liked elite for what it was. But this is promising to be so much more, and in my opinion has already delivered something I enjoy spending time in more.

Last edited:

freshVeggie

Oct 25, 2017
250m from crowdfunding and around 50m from private investors. It's already one of the most expensive games.
It's obviously not a scam. I played various iterations for years. But the dev length is pretty heavy. Not sure if it'll deliver on all promises in the end l.
One thing I've been noticing for a while (years), early on it looked so advanced on all fronts. Now, some aspects aren't that mindblowing anymore. Curious when all dev will be finished finally.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I can clearly see what they are achieving, oh and what the game does too I guess.
I mean clearly you dont see it, if you think there can be a company that can just come in and develop a game like this before CIG.
The reason it is taking them as long as it does, is because the tech they are developing for this was never done before, so the whole development process is R&D, while at the same creating big company from the ground up and releasing public builds.
They also have top industry engineers on this game, so its not developed by amateurs, so they are not limited by employees experience.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Which is all fine and good. But there's this naive expectation that once all of these disparate prototyped mechanics are ironed out that it's just gonna be smooth sailing to make a complete game out of them to which I say, uh, no. Not even close. If there are 100 steps to getting to the Star Citizen that CIG promised and that backers evidently want then they're still on step 5. They are not even close to finished.

And here is what alot of those the follow the development are pointing to exactly. It is the tools that are the focus and what will determine the speed. For example. For the new planet tech V4 all of the moons and planets had to be recreated using this tech. The work that they previously spent years doing, was completed in less than 2 months. There are tools that are to create entire system based on numbers they input. Which drives artist driven proc layout for moons, planets, stations and even ships are built in pieces according to art style. That added to the quantum tech that Tony Z showed of means missions will be dynamically generated by NPC (who will make up 90% of population in the verse).

So given the tools they have shown and what they have done in the time they have done it means the tools we are all pointing out means content generation will be exponentially faster and has already proven to be with in game assets. Where as, your estimation of where they at or what they can achieve is just pulled out of thin air.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
does this game still run like garbage?

Last time i tried to play...it well...was hardly playable. Lag and gliches and it was an awful experience.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And here is what alot of those the follow the development are pointing to exactly. It is the tools that are the focus and what will determine the speed. For example. For the new planet tech V4 all of the moons and planets had to be recreated using this tech. The work that they previously spent years doing, was completed in less than 2 months. There are tools that are to create entire system based on numbers they input. Which drives artist driven proc layout for moons, planets, stations and even ships are built in pieces according to art style. That added to the quantum tech that Tony Z showed of means missions will be dynamically generated by NPC (who will make up 90% of population in the verse).

So given the tools they have shown and what they have done in the time they have done it means the tools we are all pointing out means content generation will be exponentially faster and has already proven to be with in game assets. Where as, your estimation of where they at or what they can achieve is just pulled out of thin air.
They could make the procedural component of the map faster, but there's still the problem of adding the content to the planets, which leads us to

That added to the quantum tech that Tony Z showed of means missions will be dynamically generated by NPC (who will make up 90% of population in the verse).

This is another problem, because right now there's nothing that shows anything close to interactive NPCs. Even enemy AI is mediocre. The much hyped Subsumption AI is still MIA at this stage. The quantum tech's dev toolkit they've shown really is... all flash, and no substance. It's a beautiful UI that's never been done before, but right now, even if implemented, will just be like something akin to Elite Dangerous.

So I doubt content generation will be exponentially faster. Not when quite a few gameplay mechanics hasn't even been added yet, or the NPCs you say that will drive the economy is still non-existent.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
This is another problem, because right now there's nothing that shows anything close to interactive NPCs. Even enemy AI is mediocre. The much hyped Subsumption AI is still MIA at this stage. The quantum tech's dev toolkit they've shown really is... all flash, and no substance. It's a beautiful UI that's never been done before, but right now, even if implemented, will just be like something akin to Elite Dangerous.

So I doubt content generation will be exponentially faster. Not when quite a few gameplay mechanics hasn't even been added yet, or the NPCs you say that will drive the economy is still non-existent.
Quantum is not about interactive AI in Star Citizen's player gameplay, its about simulating entities within the solar system, so they can feed the simulation data into Probability Volumes and also how to feed player interaction data into the simulation.
Its about simulating production, market and mission generation, but dynamically via simulation, instead of some hardcoded algorithms. This has enormous advantages in terms of how the solar system economy and mission system works, because it operates on real entities, so see that this factory needs 100 people, and other 1000 people, how 1000 of pirates affect the system. It makes simulation of low and high security system an ease. They do not have to care about regions in solar system and where they should generate mission, because this changes dynamically via simulation and players can affect it etc
I would gladly create a whole thread explaining the Quantum concept, but its just not worth on this forum, too much shitposting ;/ its not worth the hours of creating such content unfortunately ;/

Btw the subsumption AI is being developed and polished, but for S42, so thats why we dont see its progress. They need it for Idris' crew.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quantum is not about interactive AI in Star Citizen's player gameplay, its about simulating entities within the solar system, so they can feed the simulation data into Probability Volumes and also how to feed player interaction data into the simulation.
Its about simulating production, market and mission generation, but dynamically via simulation, instead of some hardcoded algorithms. This has enormous advantages in terms of how the solar system economy and mission system works, because it operates on real entities, so see that this factory needs 100 people, and other 1000 people, how 1000 of pirates affect the system. It makes simulation of low and high security system an ease. They do not have to care about regions in solar system and where they should generate mission, because this changes dynamically via simulation and players can affect it etc
I would gladly create a whole thread explaining the Quantum concept, but its just not worth on this forum, too much shitposting ;/ its not worth the hours of creating such content unfortunately ;/

Btw the subsumption AI is being developed and polished, but for S42, so thats why we dont see its progress. They need it for Idris' crew.
I just read it.

Unless they have a supercomputer, Id only expect the full quantum promise in the future. Just get your expectations in the next few years as something akin to Elite Dangerous.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I just read it.

Unless they have a supercomputer, Id only expect the full quantum promise in the future. Just get your expectations in the next few years as something akin to Elite Dangerous.
It shouldnt be as expensive to simulate, in real time at least. Its basically a concept of what SimCity 2013 was designed for, but within solar system and with more agents/quanta. SimCity could already simulate like 50k instances on single cores CPUs even in speed modes.
Remember they do not need to simulate a lot of stuff, like collision, sound, rigging etc, its just a point that have a lot of properties that moves through the mostly 2D grid, and most of the quanta will be in Factories or production chains, not they wont even move, just change the numbers within factory.
And the more systems there will be in SC, the easier the cheaper simulation will be overall, as you will have less agends/quanta per system.
The FPS drops on the presentation were due to graphics, not how heavy simulation was on CPU and generally the Quantum system will just run just on CPUs.

I think the good comparison of something similar to Quanta is Galimulator, which is basically 4x galaxy simulator :)

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017

Last time i tried to play...it well...was hardly playable. Lag and gliches and it was an awful experience.

During the free week the game crashed on me around 6 times over the course of 2 short sessions, ran at what felt like ~20 fps in the city at 720p with a 6700k and 980ti. The game would refuse to load from my HDD and would only load if it was on my SSD. Apart from that, bounties bugged out and became broken and un-doable. Overall, seems pretty much like what you remember.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
During the free week the game crashed on me around 6 times over the course of 2 short sessions, ran at what felt like ~20 fps in the city at 720p with a 6700k and 980ti. The game would refuse to load from my HDD and would only load if it was on my SSD. Apart from that, bounties bugged out and became broken and un-doable. Overall, seems pretty much like what you remember.
That's weird, should play much better than that. How much RAM do you have? The recommendation is 16GB, which like the SSD recommendation is a frustrating hardware barrier for some people. CPU and GPU requirements aren't so bad though. I have a GTX 1070, Ryzen 3600, 16GBs RAM, and get 30-40 fps on cities, 50-60 in flight (capped at 60) at 1080p on max graphics settings. Crashes still happen, but nowhere near that frequently for me. Maybe once every couple hours at worst.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that is a crazy high number, that is Rockstar Games budget level.They should have a massive and amazing game to show for that.

Oct 31, 2017

I play it with a six years old i5 CPU (a 4670k) AND A gtx 1070. Resolution is 1440p and I keep all settings at "high" (mostly because the benefits of lowering them seem to be extremely limited).
Of course I have the game installed on a SSD as that's basically mandatory.

It actually runs surprisingly well. I get anything ranging between 45 to 80-90 fps according to what I'm doing, which isn't the most stable but G-sync makes it surprisingly bearable.
It drops far below that only in super crowded places like Area 18 or Lorville... Which are just two social city hubs anyway, and I spend the least possible amount of time in anyway, unless I need to reach them to buy something specific or rent a ship.

overall I'm pretty fucking impressed with where it is now, compared to the last time I tried it months before, when it ran like a slideshow no matter what, stutter was unbelievably bad and performances were all around garbage.

But of course you will hear bullshit from people who "can't get 30 fps on a 2080Ti SLI".

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I play it with a six years old i5 CPU (a 4670k) AND A gtx 1070. Resolution is 1440p and I keep all settings at "high" (mostly because the benefits of lowering them seem to be extremely limited).
Of course I have the game installed on a SSD as that's basically mandatory.

It actually runs surprisingly well. I get anything ranging between 45 to 80-90 fps according to what I'm doing, which isn't the most stable but G-sync makes it surprisingly bearable.
It drops far below that only in super crowded places like Area 18 or Lorville... Which are just two social city hubs anyway, and I spend the least possible amount of time in anyway, unless I need to reach them to buy something specific or rent a ship.

overall I'm pretty fucking impressed with where it is now, compared to the last time I tried it months before, when it ran like a slideshow no matter what, stutter was unbelievably bad and performances were all around garbage.

But of course you will hear bullshit from people who "can't get 30 fps on a 2080Ti SLI".

I have an i7-7700k, GTX 1080, 32GB of RAM, and two SSD's. Running at 1440p on high I don't that great of performance unless I turn off all blur. Then things are mostly fine. Switching to medium settings doesn't help as far as I can tell, just makes the lighting look a lot more poor. I think the game looks pretty nice, but it needs a lot more optimization. For the specs they demand it should look better.