• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Official Website

IMG_2723.png

Unbelievable.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest scam in the entertainment history. The documentary over this will be glorious.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So uh…what is their goal? Outside of as much money as possible.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It be like that sometimes. 🤷‍♂️ Like the playable slices of the game as is is one of the prettiest games ever
s7h1nQE.gif

But anyone disappointed that there isn't exactly a traditionally 1.0 game at this point can't be held accountable.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get it. Is it some sort of sunk cost fallacy based on the people that have already bought in? Who is actually new and signing up for this?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't care. If people are paying for it they must be getting some sort of satisifcation from it. But from the outside, it looks like a huge cult.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The most successful video game scam of all time. They'll never release the game officially because they don't need to.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
The other day I stumbled upon an hour long "vertical slice" gameplay of the game's campaign and skipped through it, I thought it looked pretty cool. I figured, hey, maybe they're actually getting somewhere. Then I read the comments and realized it was a 4 year old video that had been reposted. Entire AAA games are made within that time, and Squadron 42 is still nowhere to be seen. What a joke.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Am I missing something with Star Citizen? I've kept glancing at it over the years but haven't really looked in depth into what it *actually* is. Based on what I've read it seems to be a money pit that people keep throwing millions of dollars into (who are these people??) but will there ever actually be a game at the end of it?

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty amazing what these guys have pulled off. A fully legal scam in which they'll never have to deliver a product and nobody can go after them for it.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

What even is this game anymore? Wasn't the singleplayer campaign supposed to be out two years ago.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tried this during one of those free weekends. I couldn't wrap my head around the controls and just ended up uninstalling. I think I need a flight stick or something. I was a huge privateer fan so I want to like it though (particularly the single player) but who knows when that's supposed to show up?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
That's some crazy and amazing shit. Hell, I put in $60 toward this like 6 years back and I guess it's been worth the drama....😱😅

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tried this during one of those free weekends. I couldn't wrap my head around the controls and just ended up uninstalling. I think I need a flight stick or something. I was a huge privateer fan so I want to like it though (particularly the single player) but who knows when that's supposed to show up?

tumblr_n91d9blhEN1tglg2co6_500.gifv

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Lmao

What even is this game anymore? Wasn't the singleplayer campaign supposed to be out two years ago.

From wikipedia:

"Squadron 42, the now-standalone single player component of the game, was initially scheduled for the project's initial 2014 release, but suffered from delays as well. After it missed the 2014 release window, a release window in 2016 was suggested before the project was "delayed indefinitely".In 2018, Cloud Imperium Games announced a plan to enter the beta stage of Squadron 42's development before the end of the first quarter of 2020, but that date was later pushed back to the end of the second quarter of 2020.The beta was later pushed back again, to the third quarter of 2020, which passed with no news until on 10 October Chris Roberts stated that "We still have a ways to go before we are in beta"

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Am I missing something with Star Citizen? I've kept glancing at it over the years but haven't really looked in depth into what it *actually* is. Based on what I've read it seems to be a money pit that people keep throwing millions of dollars into (who are these people??) but will there ever actually be a game at the end of it?

This video is the best way to describe the current status of the game.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Isn't there some type of playable content? I've seen a lot of videos of the tech, but what's playable? Is this like an early access game or just a fancy tech demo?

Oct 31, 2017
From wikipedia:

"Squadron 42, the now-standalone single player component of the game, was initially scheduled for the project's initial 2014 release, but suffered from delays as well. After it missed the 2014 release window, a release window in 2016 was suggested before the project was "delayed indefinitely".In 2018, Cloud Imperium Games announced a plan to enter the beta stage of Squadron 42's development before the end of the first quarter of 2020, but that date was later pushed back to the end of the second quarter of 2020.The beta was later pushed back again, to the third quarter of 2020, which passed with no news until on 10 October Chris Roberts stated that "We still have a ways to go before we are in beta"
That's really embarrassing

Oct 26, 2017
What other cities look like that in open world games currently because the only one that comes to mind is Cyberpunk on a very powerful PC and when it's not breaking constantly. Many things can be said about Star Citizen but it is undeniably gorgeous.
Even Star Citizen's don't look like that currently. Your gif is from a standalone city square map from ~2015? There's plenty of people who wish the open world version looked like that.

Oct 31, 2017
Comment from the Star Citizen Reddit:

"Oh, so just because CIG is spending their income on Star Citizen rather than absorbing it into their executive pay and stock dividends is why one should criticize it? They aren't doing capitalism good enough for you?"

Lol

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'll begin to care again the day Squadron 42 actually comes out. Don't give much of a shit about Star Citizen or if it ever actually releases.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
This, er, game is a huge mystery to me, and I do wonder if those who are calling it a scam are not far from the truth.... However, I've been enthralled recently by Roxy's - Sexy Biscuit - (SxyBiscuit) YT video's https://www.youtube.com/c/SexyBiscuit/videos which are some of the funniest game vid's I've ever watched. She - almost - makes me want to throw money at it, but luckily I don't have much, so I wont. It seems to have scope to be something amazing, but, I feel it never will be.

Clearly some people, like Roxy, are having a great time with it, so who am I to judge?