• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This is kind of like an old Destiny weapon thread I made where I know nothing about the game but really like the weapon (or ship in this case) design. I don't know if most of them are things I like but the diversity is cool at least. Shoutouts to all the scifi ship designers working there.

FunVDJr.png

XP4BNQ4.jpg

JB8e87b.jpg

MEBYHS9.jpg

ksUJqFU.png

OOWY1G3.jpg

A5vqo3Z.jpg

ffudzow.png

UPwCRBh.png

kUh2m6G.png

cihUcDT.png

WicCBvQ.jpg

k8TOEQ0.png

AWQuLzX.jpg

HrrJdak.jpg

r7Xaj37.png

dm3wYKZ.png

vhu1OdA.png

V915H8h.jpg

50knDgG.jpg

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if I paid 1000$ for a ship you can bet your ass I would want it to be good looking.

Oct 27, 2017

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Who could have predicted the race to make these jokes as soon as people saw this thread?

Cool looking ships, OP. I especially like this one:

kUh2m6G.png

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Who could have predicted the race to make these jokes as soon as people saw this thread?

Cool looking ships, OP. The second one especially is sick.
Aha, they're jokes, but they're not wrong. They absolutely have to nail the look of these things to continue what they're doing, and they mostly are.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I thought it was gonna be a nice thread about the ships.

But nope, gotta make snarky ass posts whenever Star Citizen is involved

Ya'll just can't help yourselves, huh?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man people really can't help themselves with the shitposting huh

Here OP, lemme post a few more

sysefcy6hwh11.jpg

source.jpg

XIOxZPe.jpg

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How much would it cost to buy all of the ships in the OP? $2,000? $10,000? More?

Dec 8, 2018
Well when it is the only part of the game that they actually make any progress in creating and selling these ships for a couple of hundreds up to the thousands of dollars in new and disgusting predatory ways. Funny how everything else like gameplay and interactive worlds gets ignored but at least the ships and skyboxes are shiny and guess what you can sell for hundreds of dollars.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Man people really can't help themselves with the shitposting huh

Here OP, lemme post a few more

sysefcy6hwh11.jpg

source.jpg

XIOxZPe.jpg
That's wassup. Though I was only posting "in game" photos so people wouldn't go to "will these even exist" type posts lol. The concept art looks better though for sure.

How much would it cost to buy all of the ships in the OP? $2,000? $10,000? More?
You can see some of the prices on the wiki - https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_ship_and_vehicle_prices

Though a lot of those seem to be limited offers and probably can't be bought anymore unless you go through a second hand seller (assuming you can do that) which would presumably raise the price. Can get a bit obscene but in the age of people spending that much on smartphone idol cards it's not that surprising.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Gorgeous and the one on OP too, this in game or are this one of those .jpg they selling?
I got all the images from reddit so someone more familiar with the game can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every screenshot I posted is an actual game screenshot from someone who can own / fly the ship, not concept art.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Well when it is the only part of the game that they actually make any progress in creating and selling these ships for a couple of hundreds up to the thousands of dollars in new and disgusting predatory ways. Funny how everything else like gameplay and interactive worlds gets ignored but at least the ships and skyboxes are shiny and guess what you can sell for hundreds of dollars.
Why make up things, it's so confusing to me.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got all the images from reddit so someone more familiar with the game can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every screenshot I posted is an actual game screenshot from someone who can own / fly the ship, not concept art.
Yes yours OP looks in-game, even then it's hard to know. Game is definitely gorgeous, it's unfortunately just tied to scummy monetization right now, I hope fans can get the game fully eventually.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gorgeous and the one on OP too, this in game or are this one of those .jpg they selling?
That's wassup. Though I was only posting "in game" photos so people wouldn't go to "will these even exist" type posts lol. The concept art looks better though for sure.

You can see some of the prices on the wiki - https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_ship_and_vehicle_prices

Though a lot of those seem to be limited offers and probably can't be bought anymore unless you go through a second hand seller (assuming you can do that) which would presumably raise the price. Can get a bit obscene but in the age of people spending that much on smartphone idol cards it's not that surprising.
I'll post some in-game shots, lol

SC-3.5_20190610_105850_325-stylish-hitman-walk-away_f.png

Sabre_WIP_01.jpg

TEhBKiO2Vb88KEbgfU4MK3u2FcEsh7XLTOdGgr6iuyY.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Good looking ships, although if a ship cost as much as a new Nvidia cards, then it not just be good looking, it needs to be *insert your favorite peter molyneux descriptive marketing terms*

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
I mean there is a lot of love put in this game it looks amazing everytime we see more of it.

Oct 27, 2017
The ship designs are great. I wonder when we're finally space-faring whether designs like this would be realistic, or whether things like windows would be kept minimal and the helm would rely on sensors. I guess it would be similar to submarines in that regard, but that's not so aesthetically pleasing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truly outstanding stuff indeed. It's just that looking at the absolute maniac detail level the ship's got, it's not hard to understand why many other things in the game are taking this long to take form. For now it seems that they're just adding full detail to everything, only to figure out later if they can have stuff of this complexity interact with an increasingly busy world. Still, if you're a 3D artist who loves working on space ships and space tech in general, working on this project must be some sort of wet dream as you can keep on spawning better and better ships for what will probably account to over a decade, without the technical department necessarily having to figure out how that's gonna be balanced anytime soon.

A bit of a "what if" situation if some triple-A dev with incredible artists had literally money growing on trees, never to worry about deadlines, optimization and whatnot. It produces incredible art like the screens in this thread, but I have to wonder when will it reach the state of a complete-ish game feature- and optimization-wise, and if by then they won't have to downgrade or simply some things. I'm not invested in Star Citizen money-wise but I'd pay money to play a full-blown campaign (and MMO) with this absurd level of detail, although I realize I'd probably get lost in the complexity of the game rather quickly. Even if I could just explore these worlds in those ships on next-gen consoles without technical issues would be quite something to me, because it's clear that (as with many other things) this project sees artists have practically no boundaries. It produces incredible art and screenshots indeed, we'll see how the rest holds up.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
They're the best I've seen in any space game, they look absolutely gorgeous and everything I've seen from SC looks extremely pretty. I've debated getting one of the basic packages several times now just to explore around after major updates.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
There was a few years ago a episodic show with team designing a ship for the game. The entries were top tier :

the winner : the four horseman

latest

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I only have $300 to spare, how cool of a ship will that get me?
starcitizen.fandom.com

List of ship and vehicle prices

Ships and vehicles are listed from lowest to highest standalone price in alphabetical order. Only the ships and vehicles that are available as standalone to players are listed. Ship packages are ships that are packaged with a Game pass to play the game. All ships may be Upgraded at a later date...

I'll post some in-game shots, lol

SC-3.5_20190610_105850_325-stylish-hitman-walk-away_f.png

Sabre_WIP_01.jpg

TEhBKiO2Vb88KEbgfU4MK3u2FcEsh7XLTOdGgr6iuyY.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg
I like these smaller more faster looking ships too. Some of the bigger ones or the cargo ones or whatever are OK. Guess that is standard scifi cargo ship stuff though lol.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know this is a ship thread, but can we take the time to appreciate how great the environments look too? These are all in-game shots.

starcitizenalpha3.5052vk95.jpg

ekdp5alcdpw21.jpg

source.jpg

953c670dd7ab8d8117eebd46473c2009.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

oJxaUDf.jpg

Dec 8, 2018
Why make up things, it's so confusing to me.

For me making real progress don't typically mean 8 years of development and almost 300 million dollars in funds and only trying to get into your ship is an absolute horrific experience where you constantly die, get stuck, fall through the floor or planet etc etc. Probably one of the worst flight mechanics in a space game in the last 20 years (hard and weird does not equal good and even RSI have addressed how it's not good) and they have had like I said 8 years to work on it but pretty jpegs are more easy to sell. The planet tech adds nothing more than a pretty skybox and outside of a few locations even the planet city (0.00000001% of it) is as interactive as a rock on the procedurally generated moon next to it. The game runs like a turd and if you try to have fun with other people it gets even worse to the point of unplayable or crashing. Every new ship they sell ads another mechanic to the game to entice the whales and the list of things to implement and balance only grows with not even single digits of the game is actually working as intended. Every time they try to implement a new thing it only adds to the duct tape state it already in and only one more thing that is able to break it when you try to play. Chris Roberts and his developers have missed every deadline they ever set and just look at the latest roadmap and 75% of what was supposed to be done this time is delayed to a later patch or removed to be worked on at a later date. The only thing they seem to be able to complete every month is the new ship, weapon, vehicle they are working on.

It's clear they are focusing WAY to hard on making it pretty to sell these hundreds of dollars ships and that is there main concern and not actually trying to sell it with what a game is supposed to be about and that is gameplay.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
With the end portion of AC7 kind of teasing an entry that possibly takes place in space, I really wonder what their ship designs would look like.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Those screenshots look too good, I can't imagine eve my beefy computer to run the game well with those kind of detail and graphics.