• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do they have any capital ships in-game yet? Those are generally the coolest ships in a game (and in general), IMO.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Do they have any capital ships in-game yet? Those are generally the coolest ships in a game (and in general), IMO.

They sell a corvette for 1500$ so don't wish for capital ships...

Also, the biggest ship we saw (I may be wrong) is the carrier from the SP mode that's been delayed for 5 years...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
AC7 being Ace Combat 7?
Yep. There's that speech which links up with the AC5 character.

Also, I completely forgot, but Ace Combat 3 already had a spaceship in it:

latest

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
User Warned: inflammatory comparison
Well when it is the only part of the game that they actually make any progress in creating and selling these ships for a couple of hundreds up to the thousands of dollars in new and disgusting predatory ways. Funny how everything else like gameplay and interactive worlds gets ignored but at least the ships and skyboxes are shiny and guess what you can sell for hundreds of dollars.
Seriously. The Star Citizen shit posting is out of hand on this forum. It's like some of you guys are putting together a CV for the Trump Administration. Mods need to start considering bans for this shit.

Dec 8, 2018
Just ignore Rumpestump, he is known troll in SC threads.

Yeah I and the rest of us calling a spade a spade are the trolls when people defending this game even question, one to the point they got banned, developers and mods on this forum who have talked to actual developers of the game how miss managed it is and the lack of progress they are making.

The only real trolls left in SC threads are the ones pretending that this development is actually progressing as planned but they are quickly becoming fewer and fewer.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
What is this game even suppose to be. Like I don't even known what a finished version of this game will even be? Is it a single player narrative game, a destiny like experience, some kinda No Man Sky thing, an MMO?

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stunning designs if you look at them one by one. But as a whole they look like they're coming from different civilitations. I think there should be more common points between them. Look at airplanes, or ships . Does not matter who designed them and what their role is, they all have something in common that i find lacking when i see Star Citizen's ships.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Idris seems to be in the game and is kind of big
This one?

Idris-M
latest

'Cause yeah, that's a cool ship.

One in the OP kinda looks like it, but it is a bit different. There's a bunch of variants for most ships so it's hard to figure out. The one in the OP never caught my eye before because the city background makes it look smaller somehow.
What is this game even suppose to be. Like I don't even known what a finished version of this game will even be? Is it a single player narrative game, a destiny like experience, some kinda No Man Sky thing, an MMO?
Squadron 42 is supposed to be a Wing Commander successor, singleplayer.

But Star Citizen is separate and more of a quasi-MMO space sim whose closest comparison is, I guess, Elite: Dangerous. But it's trying to do like 20 years of expansions and add-ons in the initial game so it's kinda taken forever to get off the ground.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Star Citizen will be an MMO, probably managed as an ongoing live service thing (new star systems and ships constantly added post release). Squadron 42 is the main single player game, kept mostly under wraps, probably releasing 2021. The current version of Star Citizen is basically a platform for testing and building on the engine tech and gameplay mechanics in a live experience.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Stunning designs if you look at them one by one. But as a whole they look like they're coming from different civilitations. I think there should be more common points between them. Look at airplanes, or ships . Does not matter who designed them and what their role is, they all have something in common that i find lacking when i see Star Citizen's ships.
I think they are made by different in universe companies and they might have some similarities between them. Other than that, maybe some are meant to be from different generations.

The ships from the same role or class seem to have some similarities though, e.g. the solo pilot fighters or whatever. The more sleek or yacht looking ones seem to be the standout ones to me.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This one?

Idris-M
latest

'Cause yeah, that's a cool ship.

One in the OP kinda looks like it, but it is a bit different. There's a bunch of variants for most ships so it's hard to figure out. The one in the OP never caught my eye before because the city background makes it look smaller somehow.

Squadron 42 is supposed to be a Wing Commander successor, singleplayer.

But Star Citizen is separate and more of a quasi-MMO space sim whose closest comparison is, I guess, Elite: Dangerous. But it's trying to do like 20 years of expansions and add-ons in the initial game so it's kinda taken forever to get off the ground.
Yeah, here around 6:30

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
When it comes to ship design they have pretty much everything else beat, no wonder then they're still making money from selling them.

As much as I love Elite: Dangerous, only few ships come close to the stuff that may some day be in SC.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think they are made by different in universe companies and they might have some similarities between them. Other than that, maybe some are meant to be from different generations.

The ships from the same role or class seem to have some similarities though, e.g. the solo pilot fighters or whatever. The more sleek or yacht looking ones seem to be the standout ones to me.

It's obvious that all those ships have different purposes, and are made by different "companies". But i feel that there should be more similarites.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Good looking ships, although if a ship cost as much as a new Nvidia cards, then it not just be good looking, it needs to be *insert your favorite peter molyneux descriptive marketing terms*

If you spent as much on a ship as you would on a card to play the game, would the card be able to play the game when the game is actually finished?

Oct 26, 2017
The ship designs for SC are in a class of their own. Elite is just a bunch of ugly space wedges, though I guess the Gutamaya ships are ai-aight.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking about upgrading my cheapest starter ship, not only because of the looks, but because of the added functionality. Aegis Avenger Titan is still very much a starter ship, but it has a cargo bay so I can handle more jobs. Plus, it has wings so it will presumably handle atmospheric flight much better when they iron out the flight model.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, a Star Citizen thread, this is like blood in the water to Era! I see the discourse is already 70/30 in favor of haters.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Those designs are gorgeous. I wish the designers of those ships would get hired by a company that actually releases games within reasonable timeframes.
I'd love to see their take on Wipeout ships.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I think the ships are, for the most part, fucking ugly.

There's very few designs that look good. Most of them have awful silhouettes and those that do look alright have awful greebling

imagine...a car...in space...but it has some ugly spoiler 3 times the size of the body or...a fighter jet...but covered with glue and thrown into a box full of airfix spare parts

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Those designs are gorgeous. I wish the designers of those ships would get hired by a company that actually releases games within reasonable timeframes.
I'd love to see their take on Wipeout ships.

No! keep them away from the beautiful wipeout ships! chris roberts would insist they all have 58 intake grills and spoilers upon spoilers

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Which do you like? Or which type

I say this as a neutral observer hoping star citizen delivers the goods but constantly disappointed by the designs they show. not a fan of the design approach of the game, like they've never heard 'less is more', having a great silhouette etc.

the racing ships are better also i like the eclipse and the hawk

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I say this as a neutral observer hoping star citizen delivers the goods but constantly disappointed by the designs they show. not a fan of the design approach of the game, like they've never heard 'less is more', having a great silhouette etc.

the racing ships are better also i like the eclipse and the hawk
Probably just because of the transformation animation but I think the hawk is the best one

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Not really a fan of the aesthetic personally, but clearly some incredibly talented people working on them

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
The premise of this game is still insane to me. I just don't believe they will manage to finish it ever.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Some cool designs for sure. All the scepsis and drama aside (I'm not invested as it isn't really my kinda genre) I kinda hope to read up about shenanigans in SC like the soap-worthy developments in Eve Online.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

Technically, the 890 Jump that got added in the latest patch is considered as a capital ship :

JB8e87b.jpg

It's a huuuuuuuuuge ass party boat ship complete with a ship hangar, a bar, a restaurant, a hot tub, two saunas and a fucking pool.
The little ship sitting on it in this screenshot is about 10m long, to put in perspective.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
This game has the ambition of a game that I dreamed about as a kid. I will buy a PC some day that can play it. I don't know if it will be a good game but there's a lot of tech that AAA games couldn't even dream of.

Good luck to the developers and the backers, I hope the ambition is realised.

Also, cool fucking ships.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Technically, the 890 Jump that got added in the latest patch is considered as a capital ship :

JB8e87b.jpg

It's a huuuuuuuuuge ass party boat ship complete with a ship hangar, a bar, a restaurant, a hot tub, two saunas and a fucking pool.
The little ship sitting on it in this screenshot is about 10m long, to put in perspective.

All this stuff seems crazy to put in lol. Kind of cool to have it like an MMO group home though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They have some great designers and artists in that company, no doubt.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Would be cooler if they could be displayed at a playable framerate

Ermmm... It is ?

It wasn't always the case, yes, but now the game usually run between 30 and 60 most of the time, with a general average at 40. Even on not so beefy rigs. The game being installed on a SSD is waaaay more important than the graphics card, weirdly enough.