• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GlCNekr.gif

It seriously sucks that shitposting is straight up allowed in SC threads. :/
I've been banned for saying that, so you should be careful.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I want a ship that is midsize, the cockpit actually detatches into a separate shuttle/landing craft

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want a ship that is midsize, the cockpit actually detatches into a separate shuttle/landing craft
A ship that size would need a crew. You couldn't fly it on your own.

So you'd need an NPC crew, or player controlled one.

Though the Connie has a small ship in the back can detach.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero interest in what this game is or will be by the end of its development, but I will say that they have some talented folks doing the actual ship designs. Some very cool looking vehicles.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are some banging ship screenshots by Captain Raoul.
48506849697_f9b46278cd_o.png

48214778396_68a580b466_o.png

48115754462_d7cb3f63f8_o.png

48032143678_3f7a1f46ba_o.png

48695092918_aa87c3d0ca_o.png

48690446617_6e617abc4c_o.png

If you wish to see some more great Star Citizen shots, please check out his Flickr.
www.flickr.com

Raoul Antonio

Explore Raoul Antonio’s 649 photos on Flickr!

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
nice screenshots.

how many ships do you have
Heh, none. I really like the detail of the ships and the world/traversal but the business model and gameplay style of the online version doesn't really interest me. I just hopped on to try the game with 2 friends one of which is really interested in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Heh, none. I really like the detail of the ships and the world/traversal but the business model and gameplay style of the online version doesn't really interest me. I just hopped on to try the game with 2 friends one of which is really interested in the game.
word.

In free flight events you can fly any ship for free. Btw same applies for PTU testings.
oh shit I need to do that.

I'm probably going to trade my basic-bitch ship in for one of the nicer looking fighters. Because they're nicer looking. If I'm going to have a low-level ship, it mine as well be one that I like the look of. Not sure that my Mustang Alpha is it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an excellent Youtube series where a professional architect reviews SC ships. I'm a big fan of it. And think it would be of interest to people in this thread. (has to be split into two posts.)

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And this on is the start of a new series. Where he shows what he'd change.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I thought it was gonna be a nice thread about the ships.

But nope, gotta make snarky ass posts whenever Star Citizen is involved

Ya'll just can't help yourselves, huh?
Yeah, it's one thing to see the obvious joke and move on but it's a page filled with a copy and pasted joke cuz everyone's a genius lol.

Anyway, never saw these before they looks really friggin cool. Not enough sci fi games these days with cool varied ship designs.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Indeed the lighting, modeling and materials work is beautiful. I remain interested in SC/S24 but not until retail releases.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For comparison's sake: you could have bought every single mainline Call Of Duty, Final Fantasy and Assassin's Creed (three franchises that aren't exactly short) games with that money and still save some change for other games in the process.

200 Javelins were made available during the November 28th, 2014 sale for $2,500 each. The proceeds from those ships went towards allowing Cloud Imperium Games Corporation to sell 5,000 Aurora starter packages for new players.[2]

Incredible.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah...as much as i make fun of the whole SC situation (including selling ships for a 1000 dollars)
Im not gonna lie, game looks fucking awesome. I really hope it comes together someday

Yeah I poke fun at the game as well, but I do want it to actually come out and get as close to it's potential as it can, if only for the people who have sunk obscene amounts of money into the project

It's been more than half a decade now and they seem so far from being finished, that unless they ramp things up it's not going to be ready for another decade, and that won't happen if the funding dries up, and at some point surely people are going to get fed up of buying JPEGs of ships

It seriously sucks that shitposting is straight up allowed in SC threads. :/

I can understand why people might not appreciate the snark, but legitimate criticism of the way this game has been funded/developed/updated isn't shitposting, and it's disingenuous to pretend it is

Not liking the snark is fine, but it's also bit "no fun allowed" and assuming all criticism is shitposting is very one sided and reductionist, and not really conductive to discussion

This is a game with macrotransactions that resets your progress every time it's updated after all. The scope and ambition is impressive, but that doesn't mean the game is impervious to criticism

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I thought it was gonna be a nice thread about the ships.

But nope, gotta make snarky ass posts whenever Star Citizen is involved

Ya'll just can't help yourselves, huh?
People are allowed to call out and parody absurd and terrible business practices. Nobody is saying you can't enjoy the ships (I would say game but, well, you know), let us rightfully shit on the terrible and bizarre stuff going on with the project in the meantime.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a game with macrotransactions that resets your progress every time it's updated after all.
That's because it's still in beta (yeah i know how that sounds) when it gets to 1.0 (baseline content, full release) then everyone's progress will get wiped for one last time. Then no more.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's because it's still in beta (yeah i know how that sounds) when it gets to 1.0 (baseline content, full release) then everyone's progress will get wiped for one last time. Then no more.

And there is still a lot in that to be critical of, and being critical about that is not shitposting, which was my overall point

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wasn't accusing you of shitposting though.

I know, I was replying to someone who was conflating shitposting with criticism

You then took part of my reply to that poster and made another point, and I replied to you to explain why I was making my point

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
People are allowed to call out and parody absurd and terrible business practices. Nobody is saying you can't enjoy the ships (I would say game but, well, you know), let us rightfully shit on the terrible and bizarre stuff going on with the project in the meantime.

Derailing threads is a federal crime.

I'm going to upgrade my Mustang to either an Avenger, Gladius, 325A, Hawk, Sabre or Arrow.

Dunno which. Accepting recommendations.

I'm happy with my Titan, it had a couple bugs a while ago but now, after the rework it got in 3.2 it flies like a dream. It has a decent cargo bay, speed, and damage (1 gatling, 2 lasers, and 3 missiles is pretty neat. I'd say its mayor quality is "versatility". The stalker is pretty cool too.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

But what does that have to do with this OP at hand? Since derailing is against forum rules.

There are many other threads where this is more apt to do.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Elite Dangerous ones are incredible too.

One day a real open universe space game is going to come out without the torturous grind of Elite, the nonsense transactions in SC or the simplicity of No Man's Sky, and it's going to be glorious.

Unless SC is that game when it's released?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I would have thought the 600i explorer would be more your style.
I've made roughly $3 billion credits in Elite Dangerous in combat and bounty hunting.

That's all I'd be interested in doing. I play space games to blow shit up.

I'm happy with my Titan, it had a couple bugs a while ago but now, after the rework it got in 3.2 it flies like a dream. It has a decent cargo bay, speed, and damage (1 gatling, 2 lasers, and 3 missiles is pretty neat. I'd say its mayor quality is "versatility". The stalker is pretty cool too.
Okay I'll keep my eye on it

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Some of you guys just go out of your way to dickish to people online. I will never understand. Shits so lame.