• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to be a buzzkill but I really cannot help but feel that a lot of these animations will get tiring after seeing them for the 500th time.

Racing these hoverbikes against other players sounds like it might be fun though. Is the game going to support racing in any capacity?

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Harkonnen...

i12kcGY.png

yEuUpGn.png

Edit: and that's it. No crashes. Looked pretty close a few times though.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn't even have time to react that was so awesome. So much incredible stuff to see.
After going in with hardly any expectations, colour me impressed.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Grats CIG, for a CitCon I wasn't expecting much from, that was damn impressive. Can't wait for the high quality YT version and resulting gifs!

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Me right now.

08854257.jpg

My dream game seriusly, i was impressed every second of demo i can`t wait, im thinking of upgrading my ship after this...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Really good presentation.

I really hope they will make that quarterly patchs a thing, like he said earlier.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
WOW

The scope is immense, the visuals are AAA, and they are really striving to offer the most comprehensive hard SF online world so far.

If their procedural tech can crank this, I can't wait to see how will Squadron 42 end up looking, with all of its content that is hand-tweaked to provide the best campaign experience.

Again... WOW

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Arccorp was amazing and good to see the trucker stop finished. I called Lorville early on but still glad to see that. I love how they dropped hints for the other system. I take it they are prepping for Jump point travel after hero locations are done.

chifanpoe

Oct 25, 2017
Great show. Most of what they did show is already in the game so that stuff is not far off. Hats off to that super tallented team.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Star Citizen when all you could do was basically visit your ship in the hangar and it ran at like 5fps on my PC. It's going to be so crazy when I eventually reinstall it and there's actually a game.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was all really mindblowing stuff, yet I couldn't help but lose my shit at this:

KpvHizZ.png

It hasn't been born yet, bruh.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Missed a large chunk of the presentation but will have to check out the procedurally generated city stuff later on; those are some amazing shots.

M.Steiner

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think I've once come away from a presentation of theirs not being impressed tbh. Today's was no different. Really awesome stuff from the team once again.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
That was certainly better than the trainwreck that was their last presentation. It still has an air of "but what do you do?" but the tech involved is all pretty impressive. My interest will reach its peak when all the different pieces they've shown actually fit together.

Last edited:

Evil_P

Oct 27, 2017
Hello resetera, here's to new beginnings.. :) This totally blew my mind. Was feeling a little down on CIG with their 3.0 struggles and delays, but this has totally restored my faith in them. They can take all my money.

OP
OP
Boss

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello resetera, here's to new beginnings.. :) This totally blew my mind. Was feeling a little down on CIG with their 3.0 struggles and delays, but this has totally restored my faith in them. They can take all my money.
Agreed, they needed a presentation like this and they totally nailed it. Amazing job.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to this strong showing though, the expectations for the SQ42 reveal in December is that much higher. =)

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Certainly one of their better showings. No crashing, very smoothly, the procedural cities look amazing and the scale is really good!

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Pretty nice looking! Lots of rose/sepia looking planets in that segment, hoping to see what else is on offer too. Be interesting to see the 3.0 thread and what goes on in there.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Star Citizen when all you could do was basically visit your ship in the hangar and it ran at like 5fps on my PC. It's going to be so crazy when I eventually reinstall it and there's actually a game.

I haven't bought it yet and I won't until there is a game I can play, but their tech does continue to look great. I am disappointed though that they didn't show any actual game play at all. I would have thought, what with 3.0 supposedly releasing in two months time, that they might have showcased someone actually playing the game a bit.

CIG is great at making incredible presentations and demos that look magnificent, but I was hoping to be wowed by some game mechanics this time.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty nice looking! Lots of rose/sepia looking planets in that segment, hoping to see what else is on offer too. Be interesting to see the 3.0 thread and what goes on in there.
One thing you have to bear in mind is that they also have Time Of Day, so that was in the evening or morning, so it would naturally be more orange.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't catch it live but catching up on things, wow everything looked great. Hypecoaster is climbing again.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty down on this game over the last year or so but goddamn that planet tech is astonishing.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was up really late between coding, and Mario. So I slept right through it. Going to dig in soon. Liking what I'm hearing.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought it yet and I won't until there is a game I can play, but their tech does continue to look great. I am disappointed though that they didn't show any actual game play at all. I would have thought, what with 3.0 supposedly releasing in two months time, that they might have showcased someone actually playing the game a bit.

CIG is great at making incredible presentations and demos that look magnificent, but I was hoping to be wowed by some game mechanics this time.

This is going to sound absurd but the thing I'm most interested in is setting up races with other players with that hoverbike thing. Set a few beacons on the ground industrial sections and go wild.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is going to sound absurd but the thing I'm most interested in is setting up races with other players with that hoverbike thing. Set a few beacons on the ground industrial sections and go wild.

Racing should be at least some part of the planned experience. So far we've had three racetracks in a set area and several dedicated racing ships.
I'd guess freeform races wouldn't be too hard to set up with a few folks, and knowing this community a few racing leagues are bound to pop up for diffent kinds of racing.