• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just went for TLOU Remastered instead lol, 89 cents for a physical copy is pretty sweet

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm OK as long as it's not too expensive. I have no issue supporting a game that I got for free *
If you want the physical stuff ships are like $10, weapon packs are like $4 or $5 and pilots are like $3 I think when finding them discounted. Maybe less. There isn't much too so even buying it all will set you back maybe $60 to $70.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Was gonna go for Starlink until I saw they had TLOU.

Never played TLOU. Would you guys recommend it?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Just making sure. But yes, absolutely. It's considered one of the best games from last gen, to the point where the upcoming sequel is one of the most anticipated games as a result.

I played the Remastered PS4 version very late myself, and I was left incredibly impressed.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Damn wish this promo was valid in Canada lol like it still ships to Canada I think but seems like it wouldn't really save me that much money once I factor in shipping

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should bite since I don't know if I'll even end up buying something that the promo credit works on. Outside of Amazon-branded things, I never know what else they actually sell through themselves.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. When I checked out it looked like the $15 gift card was applied automatically, all it asked for was the $1.23 in tax. Will see what actually gets posted on my card but I won't complain one bit if that's all that gets charged.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I picked up a copy as well. I was always intrested in this game. For $15 I'll give it a whirl

mrmojo228

Dec 3, 2018
It is listed as $24.99 for me, with a $10 discount for a total of $14.99. Do I still get that amazon credit back? I linked amazon prime with twitch but what does "twitch prime enabled" mean? I don't see any mention of getting that credit in the cart.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is listed as $24.99 for me, with a $10 discount for a total of $14.99. Do I still get that amazon credit back? I linked amazon prime with twitch but what does "twitch prime enabled" mean? I don't see any mention of getting that credit in the cart.

You buy the game at a discounted price of $15. 7 days later, you receive an additional $15 worth of Amazon credit.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is this the physical version with all the toys? Is there other dlc you need to pay for? Any way to not use the toys?

Oct 27, 2017
Got it, thanks for the tip. For free essentially it is a good deal but even at 15 i'm Interested in the base game plus star fox content.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I bought this version of Starlink earlier this year for like $20
I still bought this, because my existing Arwing's tip is slightly bent and this is basically free
I didn't need the PS4 copy of GTA V that they did this same promo last year with either, but I know I'll use the credit so it's basically free stuff

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oh damn, I have everything there except for Fallout 76. Guess it's finally time to pull the trigger on that, now that it's essentially free.

Me too. It's a good one for that, since it's 12.7 gigs (which is a lot, even as someone who has a 400GB card). Plus, the little Arwing is neat.
As a heads-up: you will still have to download a ton of data. Ubisoft cheaped out and only used an 8GB card for Starlink, so you'll still have to download the rest of the game plus the Crimson Moon expansion/update (plus all the movies/data for all the extra pilots+missions, whether or not you purchase them). Right now the update size is 9.4 GB, meaning even the "physical" version is more digital than not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the physical version with all the toys? Is there other dlc you need to pay for? Any way to not use the toys?

This is the physical version which comes with a physical ship, weapons, and pilots. In this case, it's the Arwing from Star Fox. Buying additional ships, weapons and pilots is completely optional and not needed to play the game. You can finish it with just the ones included. If you decide to buy additional stuff, you have two options. You can buy a complete digital DLC pack that unlocks them all, or you can buy the physical versions which are pretty discounted now. Like a ship with weapons and a pilot is about $10 now. Discounted, you can buy all the physical stuff for about $60 to $70. There is also a recently released Star Fox DLC that adds more Star Fox content for $11.99. Without that though there is still Star Fox content exclusive to the Switch version of the game.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is the physical version which comes with a physical ship, weapons, and pilots. In this case, it's the Arwing from Star Fox. Buying additional ships, weapons and pilots is completely optional and not needed to play the game. You can finish it with just the ones included. If you decide to buy additional stuff, you have two options. You can buy a complete digital DLC pack that unlocks them all, or you can buy the physical versions which are pretty discounted now. Like a ship with weapons and a pilot is about $10 now. Discounted, you can buy all the physical stuff for about $60 to $70. There is also a recently released Star Fox DLC that adds more Star Fox content for $11.99. Without that though there is still Star Fox content exclusive to the Switch version of the game.

Meh. I'll pass. I'd like a physical version with everything included with having to worry about toys. Maybe someday

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Meh. I'll pass. I'd like a physical version with everything included with having to worry about toys. Maybe someday

Nah, they're never going release a GOTY version. Your best bet is to buy the physical and just pay to unlock the content so you don't need the physical toys. The game is free right now and the content pack is like $60. But again, all that extra content is optional. You've got a complete playable game without it and it's free.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia, PA, USA
So it looks like Amazon as a seller no longe has copies available :(

I nearly bit on TLoU (which I already played back on PS3), but since the promotion is good till 7/26, I think I'll wait a little and see if Amazon gets more copies of Star Fox.

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
mine came in earlier today when I was at work I'm home now and see it. it came in a big ol box but the game itself isn't that big.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I didn't get a credit, the $15 (I think it was actually $14.something) was taken off at checkout. Only thing the I was actually charged was the $1.23 in tax

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game is pretty fun, played like two hours since I got it yesterday. I have no interest in the stupid figurine shit though, anyone got a suggestion what to do with it? Goodwill take this junk? Otherwise it's going in the landfill.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Just got mine, probably literally only going to play the starfox shit though TBH. Not that the other stuff can't or wont be good, I'll keep an open mind. I got some practically free toys out of it I guess *shrug* The markup on those pieces of plastic is insane which is why I never bothered with amiibo

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Man, I tried loving my Twitch account and it always gives me an error. Twitch support has been nonexistent as well.

Oct 25, 2017
If you want the physical stuff ships are like $10, weapon packs are like $4 or $5 and pilots are like $3 I think when finding them discounted. Maybe less. There isn't much too so even buying it all will set you back maybe $60 to $70.

So... Are there no other weapons in this game that I can access without buying? Seems real easy to get bored lol.

I'm enjoying it so far though.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So... Are there no other weapons in this game that I can access without buying? Seems real easy to get bored lol.

I'm enjoying it so far though.
No, you get loot drops in the game, you'll find a bunch of other weapons.

I've played less than 10 hours but I've definitely found several other types of weapons. There's enemies that are stronger or weaker against certain elements or weapon types,ao you'll need to swap them on occasion (usually planet by planet).

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
As a heads-up: you will still have to download a ton of data. Ubisoft cheaped out and only used an 8GB card for Starlink, so you'll still have to download the rest of the game plus the Crimson Moon expansion/update (plus all the movies/data for all the extra pilots+missions, whether or not you purchase them). Right now the update size is 9.4 GB, meaning even the "physical" version is more digital than not.

Dang, that is a lot (it's especially annoying when companies cheap out on SD cards and make you download content that you don't need or want). Still worth it given the price tag and my having a big-assed SD card, but I'm quoting this because that could really put some physical-only folks off.