• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what worries me most about all of the controversy the game is currently inflicted with? It's that people will end up leaving (or not beginning to play at all), which will directly impact the game even more than most other gacha games, as the main draw of SO:A is its multiplayer aspect. I know that's where I spend 90% of my time, and if that were ever to die out or become less-frequent, the game would basically be dead.

I really hope SE does something to console the community and re-ignite people's faith in it, otherwise this game will be lucky to live beyond six months (well before we even have a chance at the NieR characters).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Game is dead. No compensation for gacha rate mistake.

Drop it now.
Probably.

It's never a good look when there's a bugged banner that lasts more than a day (even after the developers are noted of it), and then a quick mention of "compensation" and then nothing for several days. People are upset, and justifiably so. Then they release this "Global exclusive" weapon banner, which is an absolute joke. They even have 5* weapon tickets tied to achievements just so people will be baited on the banner. No thanks, I'll keep my 3k gems.

Honestly, I really hope the game lives long enough for the NieR collaboration, but unless things change, it likely won't.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely losing interest. I'm actually surprised I've played as long as I have since I've never played a Gatcha game longer than a 3 days before this. Now I just log in for the daily free pull and do the maze of tribulations to get the 500 - 1000 gems.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
I would play it more if there was more content. There's only so much Misery content I can play.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Compensation details are up.

Full gem refund to those who rolled when the rates were low.

If you bought the VP box when it was incorrect you get an extra ace ticket.

I'm glad they are doing a full refund. That being said I do hope they do a better job at running the game or it will probably die. It feels like an entirely different game at this point as JP was never like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Compensation details are up.

Full gem refund to those who rolled when the rates were low.

If you bought the VP box when it was incorrect you get an extra ace ticket.

I'm glad they are doing a full refund. That being said I do hope they do a better job at running the game or it will probably die. It feels like an entirely different game at this point as JP was never like this.
damn, I should've been like crono and did a yolo pull

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's nice at least. Guess I'm glad I rolled in the end, lol. I'll take 3 free multi's one of which gave Lenneth.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I mean, I did a roll after they fixed the rates, got Silmeria. I would like Lenneth but I wanted either of them, so I'm actually done with the draws. I get 15000 gems back this way, so... it all worked out and I'm a couple of LB up richer for it?

Adlai

Oct 25, 2017
Because I didn't farm M1 MP for enough coins before M2 released, I'm screwed out of a lot of the M1 coin rewards since there's barely any M1 hosts anymore.

I really dislike this kind of event/reward format. Unfortunately, I think the only reason I'm still holding on to this game is for Rena's release.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
damn, I should've been like crono and did a yolo pull
I wasn't expecting a full refund, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. I did 2x multi-pulls, so I should be getting those 10k gems back. I kind of regret not doing more now, but there's was no telling what the compensation would be, so I didn't want to go too deep on a bugged banner. >_<

Nice to see this compensation, though. Here's hoping it consoles the playerbase.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Compensation came through. Did some more pulls with it and got Silmeria as well, so pretty happy in the end. Back to saving up, probably until the next limited banner or something.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
What units are next on banner? I have one ace ticket left and was wondering if I should get Silmeria now and 11k gems. I got Lenneth's slayer sword new weapon first try on my draw as well. Dunno what to do.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
What units are next on banner? I have one ace ticket left and was wondering if I should get Silmeria now and 11k gems. I got Lenneth's slayer sword new weapon first try on my draw as well. Dunno what to do.

If they do four characters at a time again it should be Claude, Phia, Dias, and Rena.

Also the Resonance of Fate banner should be 3-4 banners away if we are back on schedule, but there is still halloween to consider.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
i spent 15k on the banner initially so i spent 5k of the refunded gems and still got nothing. Got Millie on the daily tho

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so weird. I'm actually disinterested in pulling for new characters, since it takes so long to make them usable in co-op. I'm still working on Summer Reimi and have a handful of other characters still at LB0. I basically only pull on limited-time characters since they're limited, other than that I'm just going to hoard everything. As much as I'd like to have Rena, there's no point since she'll be unusable for me for several months. Well, not unusable, but will likely be kicked in co-op due to not being at a high LB.

It's a shame they got rid of the monthly 2x LB crystals in the item shop. It wasn't a lot, but it did help a bit.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This game is so weird. I'm actually disinterested in pulling for new characters, since it takes so long to make them usable in co-op. I'm still working on Summer Reimi and have a handful of other characters still at LB0. I basically only pull on limited-time characters since they're limited, other than that I'm just going to hoard everything. As much as I'd like to have Rena, there's no point since she'll be unusable for me for several months. Well, not unusable, but will likely be kicked in co-op due to not being at a high LB.

It's a shame they got rid of the monthly 2x LB crystals in the item shop. It wasn't a lot, but it did help a bit.

Yeah it's becoming a chore. I have Myuria lb 10 and summer Myuria lb 5 but crystals are hard to come by and the uncapping weapons is even worse cause it's such a grind.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it's becoming a chore. I have Myuria lb 10 and summer Myuria lb 5 but crystals are hard to come by and the uncapping weapons is even worse cause it's such a grind.

The logic of the devs is confounding. The artificial scarcity increase of upgrade items, to me, is a kneejerk reaction for making up for how good the shops were from the Summer event that was accelerated by what... 6-8 months and did not alter the shop structure from that event's JP run. Going from 4 purchasable 5* Ace tickets to requiring 2000 event coins for a 4* Weapon Ticket and 4000 event coins for a single 5% chance at a Rainbow unit ticket is absolutely laughable. You can't give two months of good loot, call it a "launch special" (that's BS), and then move forward with loot that is only worthy of being support medal pulls and call it "balance".

Heck, I bet the only reason that 5* Ace ticket was added back to the 5k gem bundle was that the banner ad advertising the Ace ticket showed up on the production servers. It will be really telling if there is not another Ace ticket in the next 5k bundle for the SO2 event tomorrow.

I'm not upgrading anyone else either, currently. Happily running a MLB Summer Sophia and have zero plans to switch her out for Rena, should I somehow happen to pull one on a daily. Otherwise, I'm in hoard mode until the next limited banner arrives.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The logic of the devs is confounding. The artificial scarcity increase of upgrade items, to me, is a kneejerk reaction for making up for how good the shops were from the Summer event that was accelerated by what... 6-8 months and did not alter the shop structure from that event's JP run. Going from 4 purchasable 5* Ace tickets to requiring 2000 event coins for a 4* Weapon Ticket and 4000 event coins for a single 5% chance at a Rainbow unit ticket is absolutely laughable. You can't give two months of good loot, call it a "launch special" (that's BS), and then move forward with loot that is only worthy of being support medal pulls and call it "balance".

Heck, I bet the only reason that 5* Ace ticket was added back to the 5k gem bundle was that the banner ad advertising the Ace ticket showed up on the production servers. It will be really telling if there is not another Ace ticket in the next 5k bundle for the SO2 event tomorrow.

I'm not upgrading anyone else either, currently. Happily running a MLB Summer Sophia and have zero plans to switch her out for Rena, should I somehow happen to pull one on a daily. Otherwise, I'm in hoard mode until the next limited banner arrives.
Yeah, it's a really confusing system.

Anyway, the update is live and there is a new SO2 bundle available for purchase, but it's a little sparse. 5k gems as normal, but you only get a 5* ACE and 5* Weapon Ticket with it, along with 60x Red Platinum Prisms (which, let's be honest, we're probably swimming in). I'll probably still buy it, since you're still getting an ACE Ticket from it along with a 5* Weapon Ticket, but I would have loved some LB Materials from it.

At least they increased the rate for 5* to 6% (up from 5%). I'm not sure if it's intended, but here's hoping it stays that way. I still have no interest in this banner though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a really confusing system.

Anyway, the update is live and there is a new SO2 bundle available for purchase, but it's a little sparse. 5k gems as normal, but you only get a 5* ACE and 5* Weapon Ticket with it, along with 60x Red Platinum Prisms (which, let's be honest, we're probably swimming in). I'll probably still buy it, since you're still getting an ACE Ticket from it along with a 5* Weapon Ticket, but I would have loved some LB Materials from it.

At least they increased the rate for 5* to 6% (up from 5%). I'm not sure if it's intended, but here's hoping it stays that way. I still have no interest in this banner though.
I'm debating whether the Ace ticket from this bundle gives me a better chance at 2B or not once that banner drops...It'll depend on how many Ace units are available by then I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
He will be a little later into the game.

I think his event comes sometime after Ashton/Mavelle.

The event after this should be Rena/Dias.
thanks will definitely save all my crystals for him. Im so hyped. Game at least seems so generous with giving us at least one of the boosted units in few draws. But I guess the true hard part is getting enough to Max limit break.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
thanks will definitely save all my crystals for him. Im so hyped. Game at least seems so generous with giving us at least one of the boosted units in few draws. But I guess the true hard part is getting enough to Max limit break.

It's a little disorienting after giving us the summer event 6-7 months early but we'll eventually get to the point where we get one new event and 2-3 reruns to go along with it every 2 weeks.

There will also be 2 monthly refreshing shops that give tickets, large limit breakers, and a stock that changes with every refresh with stuff like accessories, ap seeds, etc.

Whenever we get that update you can earn the coins for those two shops by playing any rerun that is up at the time.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
Good pull today.

XwvvFa1_d.jpg

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I drew twice and got that new SO1 character. And then all of a sudden I realized I wasn't having fun anymore and the game felt like a chore :(

So I spent the rest of my 45K Gems and then deleted the game. It's crazy I played it for so long, but it got to a point where I just didn't see what the goal was I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now 1 large limit breaker short of my second max LB. Today's 5* weapon ticket also got me a watermelon so that was cool. I'd still really love to see the electric staff show up, but watermelon is nice since I'll be building up summer sophia.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2 ace tickets and 2 5* character tickets and no Rena
I got bout to get 5,000 gems. Do I 10 pull or buy the bundle with ace ticket?

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
4 pulls, and the only 5* was a dupe Maria.

I'll pull again after completing the new missions.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the rewards for these last two Barrier missions were so good. 2k gems and then 10 small lb stones. With that my second max lb is finished

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Pulled like 4 times and no Rena. 15k gems left. Meh, at least I got another Lenneth sword with the 5 star ticket.