• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
Today I cannot get into any battles without the game crashing. What did they mess up this time?

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
ROFL.

Hope everyone isn't **too broke** from chasing 2B, because now here comes everyone else.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
2B coming back already? MAN, I dont think this is fair. My gems are limited. I'll probably only have about 30k.....

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. People baited into trying for 2B early, then the Halloween characters and then....MORE NieR! I'm glad I got lucky with 2B and am still sitting at a little over 100k gems (I even managed to get Devil Clair). I really hope I can get the trio, and my 2B is still at LB8 so even if I get a dupe of her trying for A2/9S, it'll be an easy limit break. Going all-in here, every single gem. Obviously I'll stop if I pull A2 and 9S but until then, every gem is being spent.

Oct 27, 2017
I already got 2B so they can't bait me again. But I'll probably end up pulling again anyway. Damn.

Also, this happened today:

IYjXfnF.jpg

If the game thinks it can make up for not giving me HClaire by dropping an ass ton of accessories, it's only slightly mistaken.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Blergh, shit like this makes me just not want to bother with this game anymore.

It's kind of insult to injury for those of us who did spend gems getting 2B since shes on the banner too. Instead of getting the new units you get trolled by her. Especially since I already MLB'd her.

Just a really fucking scummy move, between that and the constant limited banners it just makes me question whether I want to spend my time with the game anymore. It just feels like they're trying to milk people at this point.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, it's not just Global that releases a constant onslaught of limited banners, Japan has it that way too. I don't know why they released 2B on her own if they were just going to release all three a month later, other than making it more difficult for EU players to re-roll for all three. I doubt many expected to get 2B early on, then the Halloween characters, and THEN NieR again. I'm just thankful I still have a decent amount of gems saved, I feel bad that don't. That being said, whether I pulled A2/9S is another story...

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. People baited into trying for 2B early, then the Halloween characters and then....MORE NieR! I'm glad I got lucky with 2B and am still sitting at a little over 100k gems (I even managed to get Devil Clair). I really hope I can get the trio, and my 2B is still at LB8 so even if I get a dupe of her trying for A2/9S, it'll be an easy limit break. Going all-in here, every single gem. Obviously I'll stop if I pull A2 and 9S but until then, every gem is being spent.

Highly recommend pulling for Beastlord as well since the Nier gacha weapons are limited and even on JP it is the only light greatsword in the game right now.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Halloween got me hard, chasing for HClaire. Hoping for A2 and will call it a day if I get her, but there's a good chance I won't land her. Crossing fingers.

I already got 2B so they can't bait me again. But I'll probably end up pulling again anyway. Damn.

Also, this happened today:

IYjXfnF.jpg

If the game thinks it can make up for not giving me HClaire by dropping an ass ton of accessories, it's only slightly mistaken.

For whatever weird reason, the Jie event has been the only event in Global to date that has not had a near-apocalyptic droprate on event accessories. Protection Armlet IV is still the best pure defensive accessory in the game, hands down. Farmed out my 2nd MLB on on this re-run, no regrets at all. Debating on whether to chase a 3rd for a "full team" before the event ends tomorrow.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want Nines, but damn is this game really pushing buttons. I'm sure we're getting Renosaisce of Fate around the corner too.

I guess they aren't making enough money and now resorting to desperate tactics.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I used most of my gems on the Halloween banner and only ended up getting HMillie in the end, the one I wanted the least. Only got enough for 2 multi's probably, so doubt I'd get 9S in that. :/

To be fair, it's not just Global that releases a constant onslaught of limited banners, Japan has it that way too. I don't know why they released 2B on her own if they were just going to release all three a month later, other than making it more difficult for EU players to re-roll for all three. I doubt many expected to get 2B early on, then the Halloween characters, and THEN NieR again. I'm just thankful I still have a decent amount of gems saved, I feel bad that don't. That being said, whether I pulled A2/9S is another story...
I mean I don't think Japan doing it too makes me feel that much better either.

It's just annoying tactics.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Nines, but damn is this game really pushing buttons. I'm sure we're getting Renosaisce of Fate around the corner too.

I guess they aren't making enough money and now resorting to desperate tactics.

Pretty much.

JP has back to back limited banners sometimes, but not like this especially with how Nier for global has been handled.

It's pretty clear this is a desperation tactic and now Resonance of Fate and the next normal banners are pushed even further back.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Highly recommend pulling for Beastlord as well since the Nier gacha weapons are limited and even on JP it is the only light greatsword in the game right now.
I'll definitely try for it (at least on the guaranteed pull), but depending on how it goes in my quest for A2/9S, I'm not sure what my resources will look like. :/

Halloween got me hard, chasing for HClaire. Hoping for A2 and will call it a day if I get her, but there's a good chance I won't land her. Crossing fingers.
Did you get any of the Halloween characters, at least?

Best of luck to you on A2, hope you get her!

I mean I don't think Japan doing it too makes me feel that much better either.

It's just annoying tactics.
No I get it, it is frustrating.

I'd like to think that the reason SE is pushing the NieR banner ahead of everything else is to capitalize on its current popularity (there's no way in knowing how popular it'll be in 6+ months time, although it'll always be a classic in my eyes), and not because the game is dying. Anything is possible, though.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to mostly pass on the Nier characters for the reasons mentioned in here... I don't use my 2B because everyone else does. Still, I might try one or two 10 pulls because I do quite like Nier.

I want to save my gems for either RoF or the next holiday banner.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Game is in extended maintenance right now.

We're getting 2 large breakers to celebrate the Nier campaign.

They also kept the achievements and lottery large breakers in tact as well.

oxXkNvqrC.png

oxKVNLTIR.png

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we also got the dagger rework.

All dagger users should have ranged normals now instead of the weird "ranged" attacks Claire and Nel used to have.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
No shocker there, my two multis gave me no 5* and a dupe off-banner Sophia respectively. Tickets gave me nothing good. Great.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Burned some tickets, not a lot of interesting (I got Ilia, though).

10 summon came up ALL dupes until unit 10: 9S.

I'll take it! ... for now. I still want A2.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Did you get any of the Halloween characters, at least?

Best of luck to you on A2, hope you get her!

Got Clair and Millie for Halloween.

Failed to get A2. Multipulls were epicly bad on the scale of FFBE-bad. 6 multis and only one rainbow, which was off banner. Had enough for one more from compensation gems and finally got an on banner rainbow... a dupe 2B. Got a 9S from an Ace ticket, but meh.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
This update is also crashing the game for me. I'm on an iPhone X. I don't know why this is happening. Guess I'll clear my cache again.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Clair and Millie for Halloween.

Failed to get A2. Multipulls were epicly bad on the scale of FFBE-bad. 6 multis and only one rainbow, which was off banner. Had enough for one more from compensation gems and finally got an on banner rainbow... a dupe 2B. Got a 9S from an Ace ticket, but meh.
Sorry about no A2.

I did my pulls and they were...interesting. I got A2 early on at around 88k gems left (then I went to the weapon banner and pulled until I got her sword), and went back trying for 9S (since I already had 2B). 88k gems spent, no 9S. I did get duplicates of both 2B and A2 though, so easy limit breaking.

I didn't really need 9S, but I kind of wanted him to complete the team. Oh well, I have 2B and A2, I'm happy enough. In retrospect, I would have been so much better off stopping at 88k gems, but I didn't want regrets and needed to see if I could pull 9S too. Earning gems in this game is pretty easy, and I'm not interesting in pulling again until summer, so I have plenty of time to save up again. At least I earned enough LB materials to finish off my 2B and fully LB A2, so I can immediately use her.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a ton of Gems from the maintenance, MOT coins, small savings, and the event itself.

First 5k roll: Got 9S
Right after used an Ace Ticket: A2

And I got 2B from her initial release in a a single 5k roll.

... Well then. I got everything just like that. WELL. Time to start farming for money since max leveling and augmenting took all my money.

Last edited:

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'll admit, I haven't played since the day this was released. I'm not quite sure why, because the game is fun. I'm back for the NieR stuff since I'm a big fan, and to finally get into the game.

What's the best way to go about this? I can get 8k gems on a fresh roll. After a few tries, I ended up with 2B. Got nothing from the multi-pull, but she came through on a single afterwards. Should I consider myself lucky and keep moving, or is there a better way to go about this? I'm currently trying on a second device and have more if necessary.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Spent 40K gems. 1 Ace ticket and 7 5 star tickets. Got 2B again...4 times, and 9S twice.

Just wanted A2 but guess that's not in the cards.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, I haven't played since the day this was released. I'm not quite sure why, because the game is fun. I'm back for the NieR stuff since I'm a big fan, and to finally get into the game.

What's the best way to go about this? I can get 8k gems on a fresh roll. After a few tries, I ended up with 2B. Got nothing from the multi-pull, but she came through on a single afterwards. Should I consider myself lucky and keep moving, or is there a better way to go about this? I'm currently trying on a second device and have more if necessary.
2B is really...really good, and ages incredibly well. She's also a lot of fun to play as, since she's so fast and regains AP like crazy. If you really don't want to try for a double NieR account (two NieR characters) you can definitely settle for 2B.

What I'd do now is try to grind as many gems as you can and pull on the NieR weapon banner. You're guaranteed one of them on your first multi-pull, so either of the swords would be perfect for 2B, and the great sword (even though you don't have A2 to utilize it) is the only current light-imbue great sword to this day in Japan, so you can't really lose either way.

The ideal start is a double NieR account, but re-rolling is pretty lengthy and I'm not sure how dedicated you are. Either her or A2 is a great start. You'd probably have a bit more longevity with A2, as it's a little more difficult to find a tank that does what she does, but 2B is so much enjoyable to play as and will also last you a long time (since there are so many swords with imbue on them). Plus it's 2B. 2B or A2, can't lose with either one!

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
2B is really...really good, and ages incredibly well. She's also a lot of fun to play as, since she's so fast and regains AP like crazy. If you really don't want to try for a double NieR account (two NieR characters) you can definitely settle for 2B.

What I'd do now is try to grind as many gems as you can and pull on the NieR weapon banner. You're guaranteed one of them on your first multi-pull, so either of the swords would be perfect for 2B, and the great sword (even though you don't have A2 to utilize it) is the only current light-imbue great sword to this day in Japan, so you can't really lose either way.

The ideal start is a double NieR account, but re-rolling is pretty lengthy and I'm not sure how dedicated you are. Either her or A2 is a great start. You'd probably have a bit more longevity with A2, as it's a little more difficult to find a tank that does what she does, but 2B is so much enjoyable to play as and will also last you a long time (since there are so many swords with imbue on them). Plus it's 2B. 2B or A2, can't lose with either one!

Thanks! I'm playing and saving gems on this game and will reroll a few more times on my other device to see what happens. I'm really happy I got 1/3.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that no missions will load for me is just icing on my unhappy cake. You have to download basically the entire game again to "temporarily" fix it. :/

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up going in way harder than I anticipated...

I got A2 after 25k gems. Not sure why I kept going, but tbh I'm glad I did. I enjoy the slow and strong style of A2. Vastly different from Devil Clair. I had to stop spam pressing moves and actually wait for them to play out.

I, uh, then tried to get her gacha weapon. 45k spent, MLB 2B's weapon and MLB 9S's (didn't even manage to get 9S either) weapon until I finally got one copy of Beastlord.

I used up almost all of my saved gems. I'm probably going to have to pass on RoF now.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up going in way harder than I anticipated...

I got A2 after 25k gems. Not sure why I kept going, but tbh I'm glad I did. I enjoy the slow and strong style of A2. Vastly different from Devil Clair. I had to stop spam pressing moves and actually wait for them to play out.

I, uh, then tried to get her gacha weapon. 45k spent, MLB 2B's weapon and MLB 9S's (didn't even manage to get 9S either) weapon until I finally got one copy of Beastlord.

I used up almost all of my saved gems. I'm probably going to have to pass on RoF now.

Can always wait for the RoF rerun since Leanne and Bridal Leanne get an awakening.

They also add Vashyron, Zephyr, and Beach Leanne.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is great, I love it when they post road maps for content, as it shows they have plans to keep everything going. The return to proper LB materials is definitely appreciated, so if they can keep that up I'll be playing for a while.

I just wish accessory drops weren't so damn hard to get. :/

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Got 2B and A2, as well as their weapons, quite quickly the other night. 9S is evading me. I've completed all of the planets with the exception of a few missions that require barrier blasters. I must have done about eight 10x draws.

What's the best way to earn gems at this point? Chances aren't looking too good.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what all was in it. We got M2, M3 and new Maze stages. Doesn't seem like it justifies much data, let alone the ~1.8gb download.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the update was a lot larger than I expected given the content. Unless someone datamines it, it'll probably remain a mystery for now. It might have to do with the next event, maybe something Christmas-related? ANOTHER LIMITED BANNER!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I had around 115k gems when the NieR banner hit. I was down to 87k when I got A2 (already had 2B from her early release), and kept going for 9S to complete the set. 85k spent, no 9S. Today, I realized I had two Ace tickets and figured "why not?". I used one of them and got 9S. Needless to say, I'm shocked. Luck strikes in very mysterious ways.

Now to decide whether I should MLB him or not, as I already have a fully MLB'd Maria. I probably will, since it's NieR, and 2B will probably be mad at me if I don't.

for the nguyen

Enlightened
Oct 30, 2017
North Carolina
I had around 115k gems when the NieR banner hit. I was down to 87k when I got A2 (already had 2B from her early release), and kept going for 9S to complete the set. 85k spent, no 9S. Today, I realized I had two Ace tickets and figured "why not?". I used one of them and got 9S. Needless to say, I'm shocked. Luck strikes in very mysterious ways.

Now to decide whether I should MLB him or not, as I already have a fully MLB'd Maria. I probably will, since it's NieR, and 2B will probably be mad at me if I don't.

Oof. I want 9S as well since his talents are way better than Maria's. I also have 2B and A2 as well.

Ended up using a few 5 star tickets and didnt get anything good.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. I want 9S as well since his talents are way better than Maria's. I also have 2B and A2 as well.

Ended up using a few 5 star tickets and didnt get anything good.
5* or ACE Tickets? I don't think I ever got an ACE from a 5* ticket, but I could be wrong. The pulls kind of blur together. It's funny I got 9S like I did since I used something like six ACE tickets when the banner dropped, and not only did I not get 9S with them but not a single NieR character (which is why I went into my surplus of gems to pull). It figures after I depleted all of them that the one NieR character I failed to pull with those gems comes to me on my next ACE ticket. I couldn't believe it.

I wish you luck in getting 9S before the banner ends, but you only have a few days left. At least you have the best two anyway, as you can get a lot of 9S buffs/utility with other shooters. If you're like me though, you mostly wanted him 'cause of NieR, which is why this is probably offering you little consolation. :(

Awesome got a Claude dupe from the free daily draw.
Easy LB!

I can't remember the last time I got a rainbow light from my free daily pull.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I AM JUST I dont even know what to say...... 15k gems was all I could get this week and while at work on my break.... I managed to get all the NieR characters!!!!! I GOT 2B I'M LITERALLY SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Out of my 19 weapon tickets I even got the type 40 sword and another thunderbird staff for Myuria. Cant remember what else I got but they were good I think.

Oh man..... first pull was a dupe Reimi. I was starting to lose hope..... 2nd pull I tried an ace ticket from the login and got 9s.... even though I dont like him so I was kinda pissed XD. TWO 5K pulls left... I get 2B to show up and ANOTHER DUPE Reimi but 2B made me so happy.... cause i've been chasing her since the first time she was on banner. Last pull so I wanted to wait a bit and did all my weapon tickets first. Then I decided fuck it let's go for the last pull and I made sure A2 was on the picture before I pulled. I screamed PLEASE BE A2 and guess what..... it was her. I couldn't believe it. This is so lucky and i'm so happy. I went ahead and Mlb'd 2B right off the bat even though type 40 sword is only level 10 right now... got the misery 3 title first try. She's damn amazing. I still have tons of lb mats left so I'm debating A2 or Rena now. Well, my interest in this game is officially renewed haha.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I AM JUST I dont even know what to say...... 15k gems was all I could get this week and while at work on my break.... I managed to get all the NieR characters!!!!! I GOT 2B I'M LITERALLY SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Out of my 19 weapon tickets I even got the type 40 sword and another thunderbird staff for Myuria. Cant remember what else I got but they were good I think.

Oh man..... first pull was a dupe Reimi. I was starting to lose hope..... 2nd pull I tried an ace ticket from the login and got 9s.... even though I dont like him so I was kinda pissed XD. TWO 5K pulls left... I get 2B to show up and ANOTHER DUPE Reimi but 2B made me so happy.... cause i've been chasing her since the first time she was on banner. Last pull so I wanted to wait a bit and did all my weapon tickets first. Then I decided fuck it let's go for the last pull and I made sure A2 was on the picture before I pulled. I screamed PLEASE BE A2 and guess what..... it was her. I couldn't believe it. This is so lucky and i'm so happy. I went ahead and Mlb'd 2B right off the bat even though type 40 sword is only level 10 right now... got the misery 3 title first try. She's damn amazing. I still have tons of lb mats left so I'm debating A2 or Rena now. Well, my interest in this game is officially renewed haha.
Nice, congrats man! I'm happy for you. All three NieR characters are great for different reasons. 2B as a buffer/attacker, A2 as an offensive tank with anti-flinch, and 9S as a support/ranged. I'd definitely recommend MLB'ing A2 as she's a God, but go with whoever you enjoy more. I'm personally MLB'ing all three, only have 9S left. I've been farming the event extensively, so LB materials have been good, haha.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Nice, congrats man! I'm happy for you. All three NieR characters are great for different reasons. 2B as a buffer/attacker, A2 as an offensive tank with anti-flinch, and 9S as a support/ranged. I'd definitely recommend MLB'ing A2 as she's a God, but go with whoever you enjoy more. I'm personally MLB'ing all three, only have 9S left. I've been farming the event extensively, so LB materials have been good, haha.

Thanks! Well the thing is I already have S Myuria Mlb for defender but if A2 really is that good then I should MLB her.. you're probably right! Since I cant get beastlord (no gems) can the non gacha weapon hold its own?