• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Well the thing is I already have S Myuria Mlb for defender but if A2 really is that good then I should MLB her.. you're probably right! Since I cant get beastlord (no gems) can the non gacha weapon hold its own?
If you already have an MLB'd Summer Myuria it might not be better to MLB A2...but it's A2, haha. Even if I had Summer Myuria I'm not sure I'd be able to resist, She's more of an offensive tank than Myuria, but it's up to you.

As for weapons, Beastlord is the only (current) light attribute great sword in Japan, but it's not the end-all best weapon for A2. You'll want to switch between whatever elemental imbues great swords you have (depending on what you're running), and if you don't have one to counter (or the boss doesn't have a weakness) then the event great sword is great for her. All of the event weapons suit the NieR characters great, although you'll need to get hammers to drop to MLB them all since you only get enough to MLB one (and maybe another half of one) with the event rewards/achievements/etc., so choose the one you want more first and then try to grind out more hammers as fast as you can (event ends tonight). I ran the event A LOT yesterday to MLB both accessories and somehow managed to get enough hammers to MLB all three event weapons. They're great for general purposes.

im pretty happy with the units I have. I think I'll save all my gems until Nurse Fiore.
She's my next target too!

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Did one last 5000 pull and the last character to pop out of the batch was good old A2! I have all 3 characters in a party now, working on leveling and LBing. 2B has been max 10 for a few days, (very) slowly working on A2, now. I kiiiind of wish I had enough gems for a 3000 pull to maybe get another Type-40 sword, but at this point my Virtuous Contract is max LBed and close to max level, so the ATK and HIT are a good deal higher, but the Type-40 has the fun buffs...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
except your RNG has gone far better than mine...ive only got 35k atm
While true, it probably also means my luck is non-existent now while yours is only growing in power, so you'll probably get Nurse Fiore on your free daily pull. These things always have a way of balancing themselves out.

Did one last 5000 pull and the last character to pop out of the batch was good old A2! I have all 3 characters in a party now, working on leveling and LBing. 2B has been max 10 for a few days, (very) slowly working on A2, now. I kiiiind of wish I had enough gems for a 3000 pull to maybe get another Type-40 sword, but at this point my Virtuous Contract is max LBed and close to max level, so the ATK and HIT are a good deal higher, but the Type-40 has the fun buffs...
Nice, congrats to you!

If you already have one Type-40 sword, I'd hold off on pulling more (unless you don't have Beast Lord). You don't gain a lot from a MLB'd Type-40 (that didn't stop me from going all-in when it had its solo banner and spending more than I probably should have to MLB it), as long as you have the sword itself that's all that matters. Don't forget we'll eventually start getting LB hammers as well, although they're pretty rare and probably best used for weapons with really nice third factors. Unless you wanted a second Type-40 so you can use them on both 2B and 9S, but even then 9S works well with his event sword anyway.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, I only have Type-40 because I pulled it from the first solo 2B banner (along with 2B). I literally spent my gems this banner pulling for A2 and 9S. Beast Lord would be lovely to have, but alas...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I only have Type-40 because I pulled it from the first solo 2B banner (along with 2B). I literally spent my gems this banner pulling for A2 and 9S. Beast Lord would be lovely to have, but alas...
Have you done the 3k guaranteed summon on this banner yet? If not, I'd say go ahead and do that to see if you can manage a Beast Lord (or another Type-40). If you've already done that then it might be better to save, as trying for a specific weapon on a three-way banner is just asking for trouble, unless you REALLY want it in which case you would have probably already pulled, haha.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Have you done the 3k guaranteed summon on this banner yet? If not, I'd say go ahead and do that to see if you can manage a Beast Lord (or another Type-40). If you've already done that then it might be better to save, as trying for a specific weapon on a three-way banner is just asking for trouble, unless you REALLY want it in which case you would have probably already pulled, haha.
Yeah, I don't have the gems to pull for it without spending actual money. I've burned out my MoT trade-ins for the week and am about 2300 gems right now.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
No other story missions to do? Damn, so close yet so far away. Probably not worth spending then.
Yeah, I'm resigned to it and actually fine. I might be able to swing it if I had some blasters to get and get 100% on the last planet or two, but that's not a thing right now. I took too much time off of actually playing before 2B came around the first time to be able to have any stockpiled.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect to get 9S so I used all the event hammers besides 2 from the last gacha box on the other two event weapons. Got 9S today though, so can only get his event weapon to 2*. Didn't get his weapon from the 3k weapon pull either. I got Beastlord and 3 more 4O's instead lol. Drop rate is dire on them too. Oh well, just happy I got him.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, congrats on the 9S Zafir!

BTW, just a warning to everyone, the NieR ticket boxes are leaving tonight after maintenance, so if you have any tickets left use them up before maintenance begins!

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
New Step Up banner for the characters is pretty neat. I still doubt I'll draw for them though. I don't need another attacker (which I just assume Michael is without looking). A healer that can revive is really nice, but not worth the risk of getting Michael.

Honestly, because of A2, 2B and Devil Clair, I won't really need any more attackers/defenders unless they really appeal to me.

Oct 25, 2017
yea I wouldnt mind getting Eve, but dont care enough to pull. Will wait for interesting seasonals, especially nurse fiore.

Halloween Nel and Idol Miki looking like distant future characters I want.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was excited to add some new people, but I already had you three on my friend list, haha.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I need new mutuals since I only have 2 left that still play. Hit me up EWEZSN7K23 and quote me with your ID
5G4ZE6GJVS
aCOMNSR.png

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Fuck it, I'll do a 10 pull and see if I get Eve
Game:
8IDH1bZ.jpg
Me: Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Also Me: Fuck it throw away my 3 tickets, another Precis somehow. Fuck it 3 more 10 pulls, get Eve

So, 20k gems and 3 Ace tickets Netted me all 3 Winter units, and an extra precis, and an Emmerson

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Those are some excellent results. I might pull on this banner but I'm not sure. Only character I could potentially use is Precis. Not sure how she stacks up against S.Sofia, but I would like a better auto healer.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I did end up trying a bit. Used up all my 5* (non-ACE) tickets. Spend 21 and, as expected, got nothing too exciting :p

Used one 5* Ace ticket and got Christmas Eve. Pulled once on the weapon draw and got her weapon (+ those arms which seem pretty bad).

My luck definitely turned since the Nier event.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats you two!

I really want Christmas Eve despite having A2 because she's cute, but I'm not sure if I'll pull. Maybe I'll use a few tickets, I haven't decided. I'm not sure how close Nurse Fiore is and I need her.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I used a few tickets for Eve, and I got Eve alright. ...Standard Eve.

Oh well she's still new, but apparently not the best healer. Still happy to have her.

for the nguyen

Enlightened
Oct 30, 2017
North Carolina
I wanted to get XEve, but got XFidel and 2x XPercis instead from 3 10x draws and a few ace tickets.

I didn't know what to expect from XFidel, but he is an absolute blast to play. His DPS is off the charts with low AP cost skills.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got Winter Fidel from a free draw. Shite, what are the odds. I'd like to get Christmas Eve though so hopefully I get lucky.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Sakura Wars colab in JP version. Saving all my gems for the Resonance of Fate banner right now.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Still been playing. I have 40k gems saved up right now and no banners have interested me since Christmas. I hope there's something good soon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing as well, but man it's really difficult to get multiplayer matches these days. Maybe I'm not playing at a good time, but it just feels dead when I do. It takes a long time to get a full party.

I've been sitting on around 70k crystals, since I haven't had a lot of stuff to spend them on. Here's hoping for some good banners soon.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing as well, but man it's really difficult to get multiplayer matches these days. Maybe I'm not playing at a good time, but it just feels dead when I do. It takes a long time to get a full party.

I've been sitting on around 70k crystals, since I haven't had a lot of stuff to spend them on. Here's hoping for some good banners soon.

I play with people on a Discord server so it's easy to find players. Sometimes I have some issues finding lobbies, but most of the time I can find 1 or 2 players to play

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing mega casually really, logging on to do the maze and other random stuff but that's about it.

Like everyone else I've also been holding onto my gems. The SO4 banner was a super easy skip since I hate the majority of the cast in that game. I like Fiore more but don't really care for Relia so yeah, also kind of uninteresting.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I play with people on a Discord server so it's easy to find players. Sometimes I have some issues finding lobbies, but most of the time I can find 1 or 2 players to play
That probably explains it, since I generally don't use Discord for stuff like that. Oh well, I'm sure things will pick up again when the next hype event starts.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but then this thread isn't overly active. :/

The next banner has been announced and it's FFBE. I can't say I'm too excited about the characters so I'll probably skip, but at least we seem to get 10k gems as well as Laswell as login bonuses during the event, so that's something.

Oct 25, 2017
this banner is an easy skip, up to 78k gems now.

Pretty nice honestly, I'm still playing and so many resources just waiting for new characters I may want while still having plenty available to use.

I finally started really grinding seeds as well, finished my second max seed (Summer Myuria, 2B was the first).

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with 40k and saving tickets too.

I got plenty of MLB characters already so I'll skip this banner. I'm waiting for the RoF collab or the Sakura units.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Awakenings confirmed for March and will be done in batches instead of one at a time.
First batch is Fidel, Maria, Dias, and Eve
Afterwards it will be two at a time.
Also apparently its up to Sega on if we get RoF collab or not.

Info came from today's stream:
https://t.co/H6AyZwekRS