• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Character recruitment
  • OP
    OP
    SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
    Oct 28, 2017
    Earth, 21st Century
    Some character advice:

You can only have 8 party members total.

Your first choice will be between Cyuss and Ashlay.

3Rcleuc.jpg

If you tell Cyuss you don't want him to go with you early on in the game, you can get Ashlay instead.

7KnrUMt.jpg

The next permanent member to join you will be Ioshua, if you go to the Purgatorium right away, when the game tells you to.

5eMiRnw.jpg

At this point, your party will look like this:

Roddick/Ilia/Cyuss or Ashlay/Ioshua. Keep in mind Ronyx and Millie join no matter what, so that's six slots.

This is important, because the next recruitable character you will find will be Mavelle, who, if you have Ashlay or Ioshua with you, joins with Ronyx and Millie.

QFDo9ve.jpg

However, if you take her with you, you cannot get these characters, Phia or T'nique, later, as you need six or less characters to recruit them.

NAYX7fz.jpg

vI6a2Lt.jpg

That means you must choose between Mavelle, Phia, and T'nique.

The last slot can be filled with either of these two, Perrici or Welch, who only require one free slot.

58t8aed.jpg

dFWX9w9.jpg

So you must again choose between Perrici and Welch.

Then there's Erys, who is a bit of an oddball. To get Erys, you need Ashlay, Ioshua, and Mavelle, must complete a sidequest, and will lose Mavelle at the end, to be replaced with Erys.

yEq90TX.jpg

To summarize, assuming you recruit everyone up to Ioshua:

You must choose between Ashlay and Cyuss.

You must choose between Mavelle, Phia, and T'nique.

You must choose between Welch and Perrici.

You must choose to keep Mavelle or switch her out for Erys.

GameFAQs has character recruitment guides for more info on how to go about getting each character, but those are the choices you must make.

I think I'm getting this right. You can also choose to straight up not get characters if you don't want to, making for several possible combinations. The choices I've laid out are what most people will encounter if they choose to get characters as they're introduced to you.

For example, you can dump Ioshua and get Phia AND T'nique if you want. Or, if you chose Ashlay, you can still get Mavelle even without Ioshua... and then get Phia as well.

Cyuss and Phia share several storylines together. Ashlay, Ioshua, and Mavelle also do. Might want to keep that in mind as well.

Last edited: