• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Just saw that Star Trek Bridge Crew was taken off my Oculus Quest 2 store today. Appears to be starting to be taken off everywhere. You can still buy it on Steam and Oculus on Fanatical so please buy it quickly if you want it.

delistedgames.com

Star Trek Bridge Crew delisted on Steam, Oculus. Expected to disappear everywhere else soon

One of VR’s most touted titles has sadly, and surprisingly, begun to disappear this week. Star Trek Bridge Crew from Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft has already been delisted on the Steam…

Fanatical

Such sad news. What a GREAT VR experience this was.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
If it's being delisted I imagine it'll be taken offline too so I don't know if it's worth buying....

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Folks, how does this play as a single player, non VR experience if the servers are going to be shut down?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Folks, how does this play as a single player, non VR experience if the servers are going to be shut down?
Isn't the whole gimmick of this game that you're supposed to play with other crew members and each of them controls one aspect of the ship? I doubt it would be a good SP experience.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of this. What is it?
store.steampowered.com

PULSAR: Lost Colony on Steam

Team up to operate a starship and explore a randomized galaxy falling into chaos. Coordination between your crewmembers is essential to survive the perils that await you.

Up to 5 player co-op game where you all control a ship, explore planets, loot (if you want), Fight and take on missions, lot of similarities, but you actually get up and move around in this one and have planet based missions too. It also just got updated PCVR support.

I like both games a good amount.

Oct 28, 2017
It won't. You have to be online to play the single player.

But I actually really enjoyed the single player. If that doesn't get shut down, it's worth playing imo. A bit fiddly managing all the sections by yourself but you can do it. Harder once they removed voice commands though.

Oct 28, 2017
store.steampowered.com

PULSAR: Lost Colony on Steam

Team up to operate a starship and explore a randomized galaxy falling into chaos. Coordination between your crewmembers is essential to survive the perils that await you.

Up to 5 player co-op game where you all control a ship, explore planets, loot (if you want), Fight and take on missions, lot of similarities, but you actually get up and move around in this one and have planet based missions too. It also just got updated PCVR support.

I like both games a good amount.
Interesting. Is it console as well or PC only?

OP
OP

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Ok they must of updated that really quickly.

NOTE: This game can only be used with the Oculus Quest/Quest 2 when the headset is connected to a VR compatible Windows PC via an Oculus Link compatible cable

Shame. I really wanted to see this with the better graphics of the Quest 2 compared to PSVR.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Ok they must of updated that really quickly.

NOTE: This game can only be used with the Oculus Quest/Quest 2 when the headset is connected to a VR compatible Windows PC via an Oculus Link compatible cable

Shame. I really wanted to see this with the better graphics of the Quest 2 compared to PSVR.
No that description has been there for a long time. I helped write it.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Bridge crew on PS4 doesn't have the Next Generation DLC? Can't see it on the app.

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
This game is AMAZING if you have friends to play with.

I find it great with random people. Like I said in the Oculus thread, I once played with this Brazilian guy who was doing bumps of cocaine and was in the captain's role. We actually did great and his running amped up commentary was something. I found that the type of people who are going to play a game like Star Trek Bridge Crew has self filtered out the weird shitty asshole trolls you get in other more mainstream online games.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
This was a good game. Having to make a Ubisoft account to play was annoying but then they patched that out. I hope people find a way to preserve being able to play it multiplayer.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not too surprising considering the game has fully broken multiple times and fixes either came after months of silence or never materialized at all. Ubisoft dropped this like a sack of hot potatoes as soon as the Next Generation DLC dropped.

It was a great experience if you had a full set of players or friends playing but the single player experience was agonizingly dry. Given the fact that the population had to have been sub-1000 last time I played it about a year ago, I wouldn't really bother spending the dough to snag this before it disappears unless you're hellbent on collecting delisted games, Trek games, have a willing squad of friends or are willing to stick it out through the boring solo play option.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
That's a point actually. Friendly reminder you have to be online even to play the single player. I whined about that before and got shouted down. Imagine they kill the ability to even play the game at all. Seems like an inevitability.
Lol, what kind of fucking moron would give you shit about wanting an offline mode.

Christ.

OzPrime

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest miss for this game IMO is that they never added hand tracking to it. If there was a VR game that was made for hand tracking, it's this.

Still, I got it when the Quest version appeared and enjoy it from time to time. Even in solo mode.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
The biggest miss for this game IMO is that they never added hand tracking to it. If there was a VR game that was made for hand tracking, it's this.

Still, I got it when the Quest version appeared and enjoy it from time to time. Even in solo mode.
You mean finger tracking? It def tracks hand movement on PCVR

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
I am sad it didn't do better since it is one of my favorite experiences in vr. Played it with my brother and a friend and i controlled the captain and whoever was left from the group. Amazing good time despite it being quite shallow. I always hoped that they would get what they had and build upon it. Too bad.