• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Playing this at the moment and as a Star Trek fan I'm just having so much fun with it. It has its issues, it's limited and in single player things can be quite clunky. But man, there's so much potential here. I really feel like a full fledged sequel with a bigger budget and a full story mode could be something truly special. I want a refined version of this to give me a full Star Trek experience I've been dreaming of.

Being a non PC gamer my exposure to good Star Trek games even in the era of good ones was limited. Heard good things about Bridge Commander and Armada. Never got the chance to play them. Elite Force was the only good Star Trek game I ever played. Quality shooter by the way you should all play it if you get the chance. I suppose nostalgia may play a part in that but I remember loving it.

So yeah, Bridge Crew sequel now please! Thoughts? You all want a big new Star Trek game I know you do.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
When I first heard about this I thought it was going to be like Pulsar: Lost Colony where I could beam to on other people's ships, have first person combat, land on planets, etc. Hopefully if there's a sequel they can add those things.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The sequel should have an extended sequence where Q visits the ship and forces you to dance.

Or a holodeck cowboy/archery shooting range.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There needs to be at least 6 players instead of 4. And the Chief Engineer should be in Engineering, not on the bridge.

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I bought it at launch out of curiosity. Messed up during navigation on my first online mission. Got yelled at and kicked and that has been the defining memory of my time with it.

I had some fun times afterwards though. I once heard something familiar over someone's headset and found out we worked at the same place and he was there while playing.

I recently played a mission solo just to get familiar with it again with the hope's of going online again. How do you use the voice feature in solo play? It really is an amazing game though. I'd be down for a sequel.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. This game is amazing for Star Trek nerds. I have a weekly session with three other friends. We're playing tonight! It's great, three of us on PC (I'm in VR!) and one on PS4.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Agreed. It goes on sale from time to time and it's absolutely worth it at a lower price.

If you can get a full crew I promise you won't be able to stop smiling. It's an amazing experience.

I do wish there was a little more meat to the campaign. They provide a really amazing interface but you blow through the six scenarios far too quickly. Some sort of open-world setup, maybe with the means to upgrade your ship / expand federation territory would make this a top-tier game.

Also, I'll point out that the game is cross-platform with PC and ends up working pretty well in groups that have a mix of PC and PSVR rigs.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
I bought it at launch out of curiosity. Messed up during navigation on my first online mission. Got yelled at and kicked and that has been the defining memory of my time with it.

I had some fun times afterwards though. I once heard something familiar over someone's headset and found out we worked at the same place and he was there while playing.

I recently played a mission solo just to get familiar with it again with the hope's of going online again. How do you use the voice feature in solo play? It really is an amazing game though. I'd be down for a sequel.
Hold down the x button and talk. It's not perfect though and often I have to repeat myself for the AI to listen. That's something I'd hope a sequel would perfect.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Have they removed voice commands from the game? I just tried the game out again for the first time in ages, it wouldn't let me play without updating the game first, and now when I try to play it says voice commands unavailable.

Just.......WHY?! The game isn't quite the same without voice commands. Ah man I'm seriously disappointed right now. What the hell?