• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know who is going to be the captain?

Definitely seems headed that way. Burnham distinctly only has Commander pips when we see her in uniform again, which suggests Saru is in command of the ship proper.

Meanwhile, I do appreciate this premise makes it more the ship that is special, than Burnham herself. Of course, that was technically the case with season 1 as well, so have to see how they execute on it

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Vulcans made a "your momma" joke so logical it destroyed the federation.
Bb7S6fv.gif

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely seems headed that way. Burnham distinctly only has Commander pips when we see her in uniform again, which suggests Saru is in command of the ship proper.

Meanwhile, I do appreciate this premise makes it more the ship that is special, than Burnham herself. Of course, that was technically the case with season 1 as well, so have to see how they execute on it

That was/is my hope as well.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It could have been a temporary fix, plus also a fix only the federation would have used potentially

Yep. There's nothing that necessarily says the Federation caused this, just that they were one of the victims; sure, it would be very much in keeping with Discovery's previous approach to its examinations of the Federation, but they don't have to stick to that.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It could have been a temporary fix, plus also a fix only the federation would have used potentially

It would actually fit in with climate change if it was a temporary thing that made things worse down the line.
I imagine there would even be a throw away line in S3 saying "They knew for decades what would happen! But
warp drive
was too convenient."

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't make the ship special though as
we've seen that far in the future they already use instant anywhere to anywhere technology without warp. Not to mention Slipstream and the rest. If lack of warp is part of the reason for Federation falling apart then Discovery writers are treating viewers like idiots, again.