• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
The way people clamor for a "Pike show" is off-putting especially since so many claim to not like Burnham being so central to Disco but clearly wouldn't mind that for another (white guy) character. I'm not saying that's you, but it's something I've noticed.

Honestly, a Section 31 show would be way more refreshing than another Enterprise show.
While that is in part true, Pike is a smooth ass mother fucker and I want more of him and more of Disco.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
The one thing I'll say about Tuvix is I'm glad they didn't go the easy route and reveal him to have some nefarious motive, or a degenerative health flaw, or any other cop-out to make Janeway's decision a no-brainer. She actually had to make a tough decision.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
The way people clamor for a "Pike show" is off-putting especially since so many claim to not like Burnham being so central to Disco but clearly wouldn't mind that for another (white guy) character. I'm not saying that's you, but it's something I've noticed.

Honestly, a Section 31 show would be way more refreshing than another Enterprise show.
I'd have to say that it may well not be all the same people.

I for one am enjoying Burnham a lot but Pike was just very well done and I want to see more of both.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. Loved Discovery and Burnham and would like to see Pike back too. It's not that he's a straight white guy, it's that Anson Mount smashed it and when you have actors of that calibre you want to watch them. Was the same with Lorca and Georgiou.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I think if the Pike show is happening they should call it Star Trek season 4 or something. Roll it into TOS. Then I don't have to abbreviate it as PIK or something equally silly

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Well you won't be able to use STP as stalliondan will get confused with Picard (the show not the person, just in case you got confused again SD, or should that be SDN?).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Tuvix was a multi episode thing. Instead of Janeway deciding to murder a man they should have decided to let him live and then he could have been forcefully separated by the same tech that split Torres into a Human and a Klingon.

I'd have to say that it may well not be all the same people.

I for one am enjoying Burnham a lot but Pike was just very well done and I want to see more of both.
Same. I also don't expect a Pike show to really be a Pike show, I think it'd be more like previous Treks where you have a main cast that gets lots of focus instead of having a specific main character. It's just easier to say Pike right now.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
Same. I also don't expect a Pike show to really be a Pike show, I think it'd be more like previous Treks where you have a main cast that gets lots of focus instead of having a specific main character. It's just easier to say Pike right now.
A 'Pike' show would almost certainly revolve around Pike, Number One and Spock. Firstly because beside Pike, Spock and Number One have had the most exposure, Secondly because it mimics the Kirk/Spock/McCoy Triumvirate of TOS. The bridge crew would probably be the same as we saw in the last couple of episodes of Discovery(barring schedule conflicts etcetera), for instance Lt Amin was in the short trek Q&A.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
A 'Pike' show would almost certainly revolve around Pike, Number One and Spock. Firstly because beside Pike, Spock and Number One have had the most exposure, Secondly because it mimics the Kirk/Spock/McCoy Triumvirate of TOS. The bridge crew would probably be the same as we saw in the last couple of episodes of Discovery(barring schedule conflicts etcetera), for instance Lt Amin was in the short trek Q&A.
Focusing on 3 characters instead of having a single main character would still be different from Discovery with Michael being the main character.
I think it would be a bit more than 3 characters though, probably 5 or so. So those 3 + the woman from that one Short Trek and the doctor of the ship.

Last edited:

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently both Discovery and The Lower Decks are both ready to go when Picard finishes in May, so it seems like CBS aim to have Trrk on all year may come into fruition.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of what to call a Pike show, I think they'd just go the TNG route and name it after a concept as opposed to a ship or character.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Pike but I don't want a show. That era needs be left alone. At least the reboot movies were smart enough to not interfere with what came before.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's a science vessel full of nerds remember. I expect it was an attempt to show that kind of nerd culture you'd see at other scientific outlets like NASA or CERN
I appreciate that they took a few opportunities to slip beneath the formal veneer of a pseudo-military vessel, although the music choices at that crew dance party were... uh? Who's gonna remember that stuff in the 23rd century?

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't need to be fancy but we need one going soon. Reviews for the first 3 episodes of Picard are already dropping.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I don't specifically want a pike show but I'll stan for Anson Mount any day, besides that shitty marvel show I never watched

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Same here. Loved Discovery and Burnham and would like to see Pike back too. It's not that he's a straight white guy, it's that Anson Mount smashed it and when you have actors of that calibre you want to watch them. Was the same with Lorca and Georgiou.

Word. I absolutely loved each performance and really enjoyed discovery. Going into it I thought it'd be trash simply because of CBS All Access but once I was able to watch it, I liked it. A lot.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
#JanewayWasRight

RIP Tuvix, but 2 individuals are more than 1. You had to go mate.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
OT for Picard is up

www.resetera.com

Star Trek: Picard - Season 1 |OT| Re-ENGAGE!

| Star Trek Franchise OT | Star Trek Discovery S2 OT | Where to Watch US - Thursdays, starting on Jan. 23 at 12:01 AM PT only on CBS All Access Canada - Thursdays, starting on Jan. 23 on CTV Scifi Channel, streaming only on Crave on Thursdays Everywhere else outside of the US/Canada -...

edit -

Saru funko!

Last edited: