• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first season, but a few things I want from S2.

2. More stand alone stories. Only the Groundhog Day ep last season felt like a stand alone story, and while I do like a serial story like DS9, every episode doesn't need to go into the next.

3. Lighten up a bit. Star Trek doesn't have to be so serious all the time.

4. Captain Saru
Probably won't get that until series 3 when Discovery goes for a trip through the multi verse. Almost guaranteed that's where it'll end up before long thanks to all the mapping that Lorca has.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is why it looked like Sara Mitch was in a scene with her when she played her in season 1.

Also Jeff Russo looks like he just rolled out of bed.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed the first Discovery book on audible and have been listening to it this week. Interested to see how cannon they treat it, with the book involving a mission with Discovery and the Enterprise. Saru developed a friendship with "Number One" (who was given the name Uma in the book). Spock and Michael barely know each other. And Pike's a dick.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I was wrong it is up on the Windows app for CBS All Access. It's in the Latest Episodes section. First one listed. Missed it.

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed the first Discovery book on audible and have been listening to it this week. Interested to see how cannon they treat it, with the book involving a mission with Discovery and the Enterprise. Saru developed a friendship with "Number One" (who was given the name Uma in the book). Spock and Michael barely know each other. And Pike's a dick.
Is that Desperate Hours? If I just finished and yeah Pike is a dick lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this was on Netflix in the US. Instead I have to wait until the season is over and binge it all at once so I don't have to keep a shitty CBS sub for more than a month.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed that. Lot more levity than S1, and that really improved things. It also felt like, in one episode, we got to know the supporting bridge crew more than we did in all of S1.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So what did you guys think of the episode? Thought more people would be watching and commenting...
Was far to busy watching to really comment more then I did. Didn't see any breaks where I could. I thought it was great. One of the concerns I had going in was that the changes made would make the show not feel like Discovery. There are lighter moments of dialogue but nothing I feel felt really forced. Action was great. I enjoyed the character moments and the flashbacks with Burnham. The relationship she's building with Pike is one I want to see more of.

I'm really curious about next weeks episode. This picks up after last episode but it feels more like a prologue to this season's story in a similar way The Vulcan Hello/Battle at the Binary Stars did too. I doubt we get as big of a gap with the next episode but this is more of a intro to the story we're going to seeing.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So what did you guys think of the episode? Thought more people would be watching and commenting...

It felt like a completely new show.

I can't wait to see more of the Enterprise and for Spock to finally show up.

Anson Mount did great. Tig Natro seems like she will be a good addition. I'm thrilled. I'm so glad it is back.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a new show but not in a bad way I think. Usually when that phrase is used I think take it as something that is divorced from what came before when I don't think it is. It's just moved beyond it to something new but the events that took place are still in play.

Mount as Pike really is great. I like how they switched up the typical red shirt on an away mission setup. Is it wrong I don't feel bad at all about what happen?

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It feels like a new show but not in a bad way I think. Usually when that phrase is used I think take it as something that is divorced from what came before when I don't think it is. It's just moved beyond it to something new but the events that took place are still in play.

Mount as Pike really is great. I like how they switched up the typical red shirt on an away mission setup. Is it wrong I don't feel bad at all about what happen?

Yeah exactly. I can't wait to see the next episode.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
I watched the whole thing and couldn't stop telling myself how much better this show would be without Tilly. God I hate Tilly, and she's still as annoying as ever. Anyways, spoilers about the actual episode below.

What class of tugs were towing our beloved Coonie back for repairs? Why is Sarek of all people in contact with L'Rell? What did that last of Lorca's fortune cookies really mean?

Oct 25, 2017
Wooo that was fun, glad to have Tilly and the rest back.

Doing the red shirt thing was funny, especially when Pike asked her to suit up to her red suit lol I hope the engineer sticks around she was funny....

especially if stamets 'leaving disco', although I guess the mission is over so he should be off ship now right? So I guess Pike is sticking around for a bit and it kinda feels like rumors are off about what the red spots are but we'll see. Also that dude had it coming lol what a douche

I didn't see an specific preview on CBS and the app was acting up, I had to restart it half way through because it lost sync.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Was far to busy watching to really comment more then I did. Didn't see any breaks where I could. I thought it was great. One of the concerns I had going in was that the changes made would make the show not feel like Discovery. There are lighter moments of dialogue but nothing I feel felt really forced. Action was great. I enjoyed the character moments and the flashbacks with Burnham. The relationship she's building with Pike is one I want to see more of.

I'm really curious about next weeks episode. This picks up after last episode but it feels more like a prologue to this season's story in a similar way The Vulcan Hello/Battle at the Binary Stars did too. I doubt we get as big of a gap with the next episode but this is more of a intro to the story we're going to seeing.
Sounds great.

Well that was really good. Plus Anson Mount is a great addition as Pike.
Awesome. Was hoping for this! Loved him in the trailers.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the whole thing and couldn't stop telling myself how much better this show would be without Tilly. God I hate Tilly, and she's still as annoying as ever. Anyways, spoilers about the actual episode below.

What class of tugs were towing our beloved Coonie back for repairs? Why is Sarek of all people in contact with L'Rell? What did that last of Lorca's fortune cookies really mean?

I think even at this point Sarek is pretty much the Federation's top diplomat. He always came off as that person in TOS and it seems to be the case here or at least the start of it. Since L'Rell is now Chancellor any contact with her would be via some like Sarek and not Starfleet itself.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
24a4ef9c-0f75-46b1-bvtkje.jpeg
I really wish this was on Netflix in the US. Instead I have to wait until the season is over and binge it all at once so I don't have to keep a shitty CBS sub for more than a month.
Why not just get a 1 month trial. And then maybe 1 or 2 more after that?

I might be wrong, but I don't think I've actually PAID a damned cent to watch this show while airing live. Just trials and then BD release to purchase upon release.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
I think even at this point Sarek is pretty much the Federation's top diplomat. He always came off as that person in TOS and it seems to be the case here or at least the start of it. Since L'Rell is now Chancellor any contact with her would be via some like Sarek and not Starfleet itself.
Ah, gotcha. I see where you are coming from, it makes some sense.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

They weren't far from earth so probably standing tugships.

The cookie was alluding to The Cage, right?