• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So hundreds (Possibly thousands by that point) of worlds all suddenly shrug and go "Nah fuck this" in barely a century?

Obviously you'd need a good reason, but I think the writers would fuck that up less than what you're proposing. It doesn't have to just be "eh it's not great" it could be some players in the background trying to take over, but without the time travel.

Why not just say the events of TNG, DS9 and Voyager never happened while you're at it?

Current TNG/DS9/Voyager only happens because of what Archer did basically.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever the reason it'll be poor. The show does not have good writing. It'll be some dramatic reveal that is super shallow and falls apart if you think about it.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get the new Short Treks in the UK eventually, really looking forward to seeing them. Also very excited for more Discovery down the line. Fantastic show in season 1, got even better with season 2 when they left all that Klingon stuff behind (don't enjoy Klingon focused episodes in any Trek series).

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I like the art styles they went with for the animated sorts. I imagine the Nick show will look similar to "The Girl Who Made the Stars" style since they said that show will be CG. I'm really looking forward to these two.

Won't be able to really watch "Ask Not" until later unless I can sneak in a watch on my lunch break.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I like the art style, when I heard CGI I pictured really cheap crappy looking CGI like on morning kids shows but that looks good.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Maybe they will use the new characters in the Short Trek to build the cast of a Pike spinoff but I doubt that's the plan at the moment if the show isn't even in development

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
This was a really short episode.

examination/test supposed to last only like 4 minutes?

Looking forward to next month's though.

Have they confirmed that there is no Pike show in development?
They still have the sets so they're intending to do something with them.
I suspect they're waiting to see how receptive Picard will be before starting new projects.

There's 6 announced Star Treks right now.

Disco
Picard
(S31)
Lower Decks
Animated Trek show for Kids.
Starfleet Academy

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Starfleet Academy was the josh schwartz and stephanie savage show. they are doing dynasty and nancy drew currently and have a deal with apple.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Wait Starfleet Academy was announced? Live action?
I guess it was never officially announced.

It's under development at some point though, and these things don't always make it through that stage.
  • A series set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz. The duo currently serve as co-showrunners on the Hulu-Marvel series "Runaways" and are best known for creating shows like "Gossip Girl" and the CW's reboot of Dynasty.

Starfleet Academy was the josh schwartz and stephanie savage show. they are doing dynasty and nancy drew currently and have a deal with apple.

And Nancy Drew on the CW so they've got their hands pretty full.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
What was the last update on Section 31, because honestly I think they should just can that in favor of a Pike show.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'll let them mak it and see if I like it rather than just not bothering at all.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll let them mak it and see if I like it rather than just not bothering at all.

I have no interest on the show as the story end with Discovery, neither care for its characters. Of course it may surprise me, but I would rather have a Pike show, which probably happens if the interest on previous shows be good, including Section 31. I hate its success or not can dictate Pike's show.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please kill Section 31 show.
No, I want to see them further attempt redemption of Space Hitler. That's what Trek is about right, showing that Hitler isn't all bad?

I am fucking amazed they think this is acceptable. I get they wanna keep Michelle Yeoh around, but using Space Hitler who is just a Trek representation of real Hitler is nuts.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I like the idea that the Section 31 show should be a twin Pike/Section 31 show. Show the struggle between the more idealistic Pike and the dark side of the Federation through Section 31.

Last edited:

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I have no interest on the show as the story end with Discovery, neither care for its characters. Of course it may surprise me, but I would rather have a Pike show, which probably happens if the interest on previous shows be good, including Section 31. I hate its success or not can dictate Pike's show.
Who says its success wil have anything to do with Pike?

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Who says its success wil have anything to do with Pike?

Well, it is obvious that will keep doing shows and seasons as long people are watching them. Also, franchise saturation is a thing, and there are a lot of Star Trek shows being developed. They make take a failure of a show, like if Section 31 flops, as a sign that they reach a limit and should scale down, not launching new shows like an Enterprise one. That my personal option, but I don't think Section 31 can carry a multiple season show.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea that the Section 31 show should be a twin Pike/Section 31 show. Show the struggle between the more idealistic Pike and the dark side of the Federation through Section 31.
That'd be nice, and since CBS wants Trek shows year round they could follow the end of season 1 of S31 with season 1 of Pike.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, yeah, that Short Trek really felt like a character introduction for a Pike show.
Please stop playing with my heart.