• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Keep in mind that these details were not officially released, it's a leak.

1. That Hope Is You
Directed by: Olatunde Osunsanmi
Written by: Michelle Paradise & Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman

2. Forget Me Not
Directed by: Olatunde Osunsanmi
Written by: Alan McElroy & Chris Silvestri & Anthony Maranville

3. Scavengers
Directed by: Jonathan Frakes
Written by: Anne Cofell Saunders

4. Unification III
Directed by: Hanelle Culpepper
Written by: Kirsten Beyer

5. Terra Firma, Part 1
Directed by: Maja Vrvilo
Teleplay by: Alan McElroy
Story by: Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt & Alan McElroy

6. Terra Firma, Part 2
Directed by: Douglas Aarniokoski
Teleplay by: Kalinda Vazquez
Story by: Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt & Alan McElroy

7. The Sanctuary
Directed by: Jon Dudkowski
Written by: Kenneth Lin & Brandon A. Schultz

Unification III hype.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Nice. Do we have a release date yet? I supposed I should go finish Picard at some point.

OP
OP
Vullein070

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
It's only seven episodes?
I only have details for these seven, unfortunately. The season has 13 episodes iirc

Where did these come from?
They're not official, they're from one of my sources.

Nice. Do we have a release date yet? I supposed I should go finish Picard at some point.
We don't, but my guess is August.

OP
OP
Vullein070

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
OP
OP
Vullein070

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I have no idea who you are, do you have a track record with this kind of stuff?
Not with Star trek yet specifically, but I regularly leak stuff like this on my Twitter. Episode titles for shows & their upcoming seasons, I mean. Few examples: DC Universe's Titans season 2, Netflix's Altered Carbon Season 2 and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 3.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link the tweets here or if it's okay to do in PMs.

Jan 29, 2018
Very excited. I was hoping for more details right after the Picard finale, but I'm assuming that work from home post-production is slowing things down and they don't know exactly when it'll be ready yet.

OP
OP
Vullein070

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Very excited. I was hoping for more details right after the Picard finale, but I'm assuming that work from home post-production is slowing things down and they don't know exactly when it'll be ready yet.
Well, the biggest problem currently is the score. I heard (not from a source, just read this on twitter so I don't fully know the legitimacy of this) that they can't record the score due to the coronavirus shutdown. They will need to wait until it has lifted to record it.

Outside of the score, the first few episodes of season 3 have finished post-production.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
EXCITE.

I went from being deeply disappointed in this show during the first few episodes of Season 1 to this becoming one of my favorite shows. Just seemed to get better and better as it went along - hope S3 continues that.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The show is already good. Not great or approaching anything like more classic trek, but it's good for a watch.
I thought S2 was solid overall but I really hated the resolution to the red signals story, and I'm hoping that whatever the overall plot for S3 is it isn't nearly as hackneyed

EDIT: Okay reading through the plot summaries again because I had forgotten a lot of stuff and I do like the idea of Control, I just really thought that Spock was shoehorned in and the specific plot device of "this mysterious thing that we can't explain is actually something I did using time travel from the very end of the story in order to make the events of the plot happen so that we can get to the end of the story" just...didn't work for me. Those sort of time travel parlor tricks are fine for a single episode, as the backbone of a season there needs to be something more thematic or interesting going on

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
I'm pretty well versed in Trek lore but I'm completely blanking on why people are so excited about that 'Unification III' title, specifically.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Unification III better not be some attempt to get new-new Spock to the future.

I really liked him as Spock, but I want to see S3 embrace the new setting, and not look back.

I'm pretty well versed in Trek lore but I'm completely blanking on why people are so excited about that 'Unification III' title, specifically.

Unification was a 2 part episode on TNG. It was the episode where Nimoy returned as Spock. It wasn't really a great episode, but the return of Spock was nice, and it was used to build up some hype for the upcoming at-the-time, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Jan 29, 2018
Unification was a 2 part episode on TNG. It was the episode where Nimoy returned as Spock. It wasn't really a great episode, but the return of Spock was nice, and it was used to build up some hype for the upcoming at-the-time, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Yeah, I remember that, I just don't see what it could possibly have to do with Discovery. Given the premise of the season I'm assuming the episode title has something to do with
reuniting parts of the Federation
but I just wasn't sure if I was missing something given the responses in this thread. If it's just "this episode name sounds like other episode name!" then, whatever.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm split on whether this show's big tonal shifts each season works for or against it, but I think this season should hopefully provide an answer.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

Unification is a classic TNG two parter that was released as a Star Trek VI promotion and featured Sarek and Spock. It picked up an older storyline about Picard mind melding with Sarek in a rare bit of inter episode continuity and it featured a look at Romulan society and politics.

Yeah, I remember that, I just don't see what it could possibly have to do with Discovery. Given the premise of the season I'm assuming the episode title has something to do with
reuniting parts of the Federation
but I just wasn't sure if I was missing something given the responses in this thread. If it's just "this episode name sounds like other episode name!" then, whatever.

Alright so that's what you meant. I guess it is the implication that they are continuing that, seemingly abandoned, storyline even if it is in the far future with entirely different characters. There could be emotional payoff for Michael from learning of the efforts of her late "brother" pushing for unification and we would finally learn what happened after Spock disappeared, perhaps Michael will pick up where he left off to honor Spock. I see a lot of potential for good storytelling and for classic Trek fanservice.

Last edited: