• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when Amazon Prime gets it. If it launching at 12.01am in US, Prime won't get it for at least 19 hours (with time difference) as it dated for the 24th, if it like Netflix with STD being added at 10am it'll effectly be 2 days later (29ish hours but another night and morning for Europeans).

Long time for spoilers to be seen.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Star Trek Picard - Season 1 |OT| Re-ENGAGE!

think i'm going to go with this one

I wonder when Amazon Prime gets it. If it launching at 12.01am in US, Prime won't get it for at least 19 hours (with time difference) as it dated for the 24th, if it like Netflix with STD being added at 10am it'll effectly be 2 days later (29ish hours but another night and morning for Europeans).

Long time for spoilers to be seen.

that does suck. Frustrating because releasing the episodes in the evening instead of in the middle of the night was one of the things I actually appreciated about CBS All acess.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
hey, it's the

3O3OtvU.jpg

T5qraWs.jpg

Enterprise 😭

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
here we go

www.resetera.com

Star Trek: Picard - Season 1 |OT| Re-ENGAGE!

| Star Trek Franchise OT | Star Trek Discovery S2 OT | Where to Watch US - Thursdays, starting on Jan. 23 at 12:01 AM PT only on CBS All Access Canada - Thursdays, starting on Jan. 23 on CTV Scifi Channel, streaming only on Crave on Thursdays Everywhere else outside of the US/Canada -...

Oct 25, 2017
When Star Trek: The Next Generation Was Bad, It Was Truly Horrendous

Regarding Up the Long Ladder:
Bleh. According to Captains' Logs: The Unauthorized Complete Trek Voyages, episode writer Melinda Snodgrass explained that "It was intended to be a commentary about immigration, because I hate the current American policy. I wanted it to be something that says sometimes those outsiders you think are so smelly and wrong-colored, can bring enormous benefits to your society because they bring life and energy. That's what I was going for." In Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion, Snodgrass admitted this commentary was erased through rewrites and budget issues. (Thanks to Memory-Alpha for this factoid.) She is not wrong. Whatever good intentions there may have been, they are all erased the minute Pulaski says "breeding stock," if not before.

I forget to include this one among the worst of Star trek but yeah it's BAD

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, am I imagining it, or was there an episode of Enterprise, where Captain Archer was doing a Q&A, or answering letters, and one of them was from "little Jimmy Kirk" ?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, am I imagining it, or was there an episode of Enterprise, where Captain Archer was doing a Q&A, or answering letters, and one of them was from "little Jimmy Kirk" ?

You may be thinking of the episode of Quantum Leap where Sam leaps into an actor on a cheesy 50s kid's sci-fi show about time travel and it ends with the host answering fan mail, featuring a letter from little Sam Beckett, which inspired his time travel theories to begin with.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
You may be thinking of the episode of Quantum Leap where Sam leaps into an actor on a cheesy 50s kid's sci-fi show about time travel and it ends with the host answering fan mail, featuring a letter from little Sam Beckett, which inspired his time travel theories to begin with.

Omg, yeah it could've been this!

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't Kirk still be years from being born during Enterprise?

"Wow, we should have a cameo from Professor McGonagall too. People love that character."
"Oh, well actually, in the year that this movie takes place, she hasn't actually been born yet, so we can't do that."
"Throw her in there anyways though. People love that character."
"But she's not alive yet."
"If you don't put Professor McGonagall in this movie, when I buy Canada I'm setting Quebec on fire."
"But that'll ruin all the poutine..."
"I want her in this movie."
"Geez, well okay. We'll have a cameo from Professor McGonagall. Who's gonna be... negative eight years old."

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn on this. lol
On the one hand, yay Guinan. On the other hand, the show has to stop being about just reliving the 90s at some point. lol

The more characters you bring back, the more you have to justify their existence, and the harder that becomes.

Like bringing back Wesley without dealing with the Traveler stuff would just be cheap and give him less of a character arc.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
The more characters you bring back, the more you have to justify their existence, and the harder that becomes.

Like bringing back Wesley without dealing with the Traveler stuff would just be cheap and give him less of a character arc.

Just imagine Wil is doing the metacommentary after show thing as Wesley, out of time and as an observer of what's passing.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm so torn on this. lol
On the one hand, yay Guinan. On the other hand, the show has to stop being about just reliving the 90s at some point. lol
If it were appearing to be reliving the 90s I might agree. But we've already seen what Spiner is doing, and I can't see Riker or Troi being in it for more than 5 mins either.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not having Guinan in it would feel really weird considering how important the two of them are to each other.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
I have a short question: Can someone please tell me the name of the TNG episode in which the crew finds one of its shuttles and another Picard who comes from the future (only a few hours I think)? They somehow have to avoid the destruction of the Enterprise.

I've taken a look at an episodes overview but couldn't find it yet.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, typical. Basically the only one I have no interest in.
The only other comics from that sale I read were Mirror Broken and Through the mirror and those weren't very good in my opinion. I always wanted to see a mirror version of TNG but this didn't work. The novel Dark Mirror was much more interesting.

Oct 25, 2017

The video is basically "this guy who had faults is so much better than this guy with faults".

You can (and many have) that Roddenberry was pretty much the worst thing to happen to Star Trek beyond Star Trek existing, and people not buying into his vision has arguably led to the best Star Trek of the entire franchise.

The Berman and Braga hate usually glosses over every good thing they did to focus on the bad. Which, okay, you have your preferences. But starting from the Roddenberry apologia before veering into that comes off as disingenuous. And somehow Berman is the sole issue with studios and equal pay... sure.

(I also take issue with taking everyone's word for things but never getting Berman's side of the story. It's certainly convenient for people like Pillar to say they had no knowledge of anything going on and lump it on the guy no one's talking to.)

Berman saying sexist stuff to female cast members is unforgivable, but Roddenberry being a serial womanizer is somehow just flaws of a great man.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The video is basically "this guy who had faults is so much better than this guy with faults".

You can (and many have) that Roddenberry was pretty much the worst thing to happen to Star Trek beyond Star Trek existing, and people not buying into his vision has arguably led to the best Star Trek of the entire franchise.

The Berman and Braga hate usually glosses over every good thing they did to focus on the bad. Which, okay, you have your preferences. But starting from the Roddenberry apologia before veering into that comes off as disingenuous. And somehow Berman is the sole issue with studios and equal pay... sure.

(I also take issue with taking everyone's word for things but never getting Berman's side of the story. It's certainly convenient for people like Pillar to say they had no knowledge of anything going on and lump it on the guy no one's talking to.)

Berman saying sexist stuff to female cast members is unforgivable, but Roddenberry being a serial womanizer is somehow just flaws of a great man.
I don't know if I can ever be objective of the Berman era, and maybe it's because it's all subjective anyway, but I don't think it's an accident that Trek got worst after Pillar and Taylor and basically Behr/Moore/et al were out of the picture and they were allowed carte blanche.

When Braga was given a blank check to make his own show for CBS during peak Lost-mystery box mania starring Peter Dinklage, he delivered a stinker that was cancelled after a season. I actually have no idea what Berman has done after Trek though.