• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Star Trek Franchise |OT| To Boldly Go.....

Oct 25, 2017
How did that end up? It was one ship that had a cloak. Do the Klingons still have that ship and that technology, or was it always held as a carrot and then destroyed? I forget exactly what happened by the end of the Klingon war.
Klingons started spreading the cloak to anyone that gave allegiance to Kol, then Disco does the 133 jumps to figure out how to break the cloak and goes to MU, comes back, gives the frequencies to Starfleet and they start destroying the Klingons effectively ending the war.

Oct 25, 2017
Klingons started spreading the cloak to anyone that gave allegiance to Kol, then Disco does the 133 jumps to figure out how to break the cloak and goes to MU, comes back, gives the frequencies to Starfleet and they start destroying the Klingons effectively ending the war.
The bolded never happened though. The Klingons were on Earth's doorstop in the finale with no resistance. Was the nuke Qo'nos threat that ended the war.

Oct 25, 2017
That and in the case of the show, it takes the general notion that Earth is relatively close to the Klingon border, with the bulk of Federation space 'behind' it in that relative positioning. Think like if a hypothetical force invaded the US on the East Coast - it isn't that far to get to DC from there.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep! Which includes Discovery of course.
Yes, though Discovery's writers absolutely need to pay better attention to it. A few little mistakes here and there are fine, but the reality of writing a show like Star Trek is that you don't just go off and do whatever the hell you want when you're doing a prequel series. Like it or not they've got over a hundred years worth of stuff that comes later that they can't go out of their way to contradict because they want to do something better.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Yes, though Discovery's writers absolutely need to pay better attention to it. A few little mistakes here and there are fine, but the reality of writing a show like Star Trek is that you don't just go off and do whatever the hell you want when you're doing a prequel series. Like it or not they've got over a hundred years worth of stuff that comes later that they can't go out of their way to contradict because they want to do something better.
To their credit they have said they are very much aware of this and said they are addressing it in Season 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I just finished my rewatch of Disco and in the episode where they come back, Admiral Cornwell confirms they sent the Klingon decryption thing to everyone left in the fleet but that it was probably too little too late. So that thing posted earlier about the Romulans giving the cloaking stuff to the Klingons can still hold true.

Edit: Just saw this on twitter,

Star Trek kid meals at McDs, that's crazy to me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I really pay attention is the big events. You can't have something happen and then ignore it. At the same time just because something wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it couldn't have happen. No one talks about all aspects of history all the time. Only the relevant stuff would get talked about based on what you're doing. This is why I never once freaked out of the war that took place in Discovery. I also don't think shows should be held to TOS when that show contradicted itself many times and was in no way planning on sequels. I feel like there are a number of key episodes that are super important with TOS and the rest is a wash.

I've always felt TOS was the odd duck. It started everything but it's the one piece that doesn't fit. It hasn't fit for a very long time. So if you have to retcon it then so be I feel. I know some might find that blasphemous. If just think if it gets in the way of telling a good story in or around that time period or after then it should lose out if necessary. Like don't go out of your way to break with it but if some dialogue in a random episode that isn't to important needs to be tossed then do it. I already think the overall look of TOS should be ignored and I'm glad Discovery looks the way it does. I'm super happy they pulled the trigger on that super early and haven't back down from it.

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok I just finished my rewatch of Disco and in the episode where they come back, Admiral Cornwall confirms they sent the Klingon decryption thing to everyone left in the fleet but that it was probably too little too late. So that thing posted earlier about the Romulans giving the cloaking stuff to the Klingons can still hold true.

That’s an amazing commercial

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I just finished my rewatch of Disco and in the episode where they come back, Admiral Cornwell confirms they sent the Klingon decryption thing to everyone left in the fleet but that it was probably too little too late. So that thing posted earlier about the Romulans giving the cloaking stuff to the Klingons can still hold true.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm rewatched Enterprise season 3 and I really like T'Pol and her relationship with Archer, they should have explored that further than her and Trip, I know they couldn't end up together since the whole Amanda/Sarek thing but still would have been more interesting. I also noticed that ENT wasn't shy about using CGI lol

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Janeway get more shit for Tuvix than Archer does for Sim (Trip clone). If he only needed him to help with the current situation he should have let the clone live out his life after they got out of that area they were stuck in and let OG Trip die. At least Janeway didn't create Tuvix, she was basing her decision on correcting the mistake and bringing back Tuvok and Neelix. Archer straight up told Sim he would murder his ass if he didn't sacrifice himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Michelle Yeoh led Star Trek show!

This seriously is shaping up to be a new golden age of Star Trek. 3 live action shows at once plus multiple animated shows in development. I never dreamed we would have it so good after witnessing Enterprise get canceled back in 2005.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Janeway get more shit for Tuvix than Archer does for Sim (Trip clone). If he only needed him to help with the current situation he should have let the clone live out his life after they got out of that area they were stuck in and let OG Trip die. At least Janeway didn't create Tuvix, she was basing her decision on correcting the mistake and bringing back Tuvok and Neelix. Archer straight up told Sim he would murder his ass if he didn't sacrifice himself.
I think more people have seen Voyager.
The thing with Sim was bad. At least DS9 time came around, they agreed that killing a clone was murder.