• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Was in the mood for more DS9 and started reading Prophecy and Change. There's a short story with Jake and Ziyal and it made me think that it was a real missed opportunity to not have them interact on the show. They have a lot in common and there would've been some great reactions from Sisko and Dukat if their kids become friends.

Captain Lorca Prime is coming back...

to Star Trek Online as part of a Buran-centric story with Landry

Since we have like a dozen Star Trek shows now, can we please get another game?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Was in the mood for more DS9 and started reading Prophecy and Change. There's a short story with Jake and Ziyal and it made me think that it was a real missed opportunity to not have them interact on the show. They have a lot in common and there would've been some great reactions from Sisko and Dukat if their kids become friends.

Since we have like a dozen Star Trek shows now, can we please get another game?

Still holding out hope for an episodic adventure game. Like goddamn the format is right there.

Otherwise, if STO is still going to be only thing outside of mobile games, I dunno, give em a cash boost so they can do a proper overhaul of the engine or something. Like, I can attest to it being improved, but it's still ultimately a hastily reworked version of the engine from Champions Online.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Late 90s/early 2000s was golden era of star trek games. Now we cannot even get something not mobile or gatcha trash.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played a Star Trek game sine Starfleet Academy: Starship Bridge Simulator on SNES.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just remember the Star Trek 25th Anniversary, TNG, and DS9 games being unplayable.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Star Trek 25th Anniversary was great! Far from unplayable, even if I was too stupid to understand what to do.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The Activision Trek games were (for the most part) so good.

Elite Force 1 and 2 were amazing FPS's

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Star Trek 25th, Judgment Rites, and TNG: A Final Unity were all just pretty straight forward adventure games. I don't think any of them were horrible, though the TOS games were better than Final Unity. Playing any of them really drag me back to DOS-nostalgia land. I should replay the TOS games since I can have much better midi sound now.

The console Star Trek games in the 16-bit era were horrid though - at least the one TNG game I played.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Its ridiculous we haven't got a good Star Trek Strategy game.

The Stellaris mod is good at least

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I really enjoyed Birth of the Federation. That was a great game

Or I'm nostalgic :P

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed Birth of the Federation. That was a great game

Or I'm nostalgic :P
Oh hell yeah Birth of the Federation was awesome.

Unless you got unlucky and a fucking Borg Cube turned up on Turn 50 and just started wiping out your ships/starbases and assimilating all your planets while all you could throw at it was Miranda and Oberth class ships.

Still got my disc somewhere, might have to dig it out and see if I can get it running on Windows 10.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
What's this now....Stellaris star trek mod?

Yep. Star Trek New Horizons. Still very much a work in progress, but it scratches that itch hard. I've found it particularly rewarding to play the United Earth/Federation and realise the dream of going from insignificant backwater to heart of a sweeping, egalitarian alliance

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Star Trek New Horizons. Still very much a work in progress, but it scratches that itch hard. I've found it particularly rewarding to play the United Earth/Federation and realise the dream of going from insignificant backwater to heart of a sweeping, egalitarian alliance

I know how I'm spending my weekend! Thanks

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
We even got an Isometric RTS in Star Trek Away Team.

I just wish we'd gotten a Star Trek RPG in the vein of Mass Effect.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
We even got an Isometric RTS in Star Trek Away Team.

I just wish we'd gotten a Star Trek RPG in the vein of Mass Effect.

It's one of those things that would require the license holders to be willing to sign off on a major work that isn't a direct tie in to one of the shows. Most good ideas would. Which is why they likely won't happen.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Oh hell yeah Birth of the Federation was awesome.

Unless you got unlucky and a fucking Borg Cube turned up on Turn 50 and just started wiping out your ships/starbases and assimilating all your planets while all you could throw at it was Miranda and Oberth class ships.

Still got my disc somewhere, might have to dig it out and see if I can get it running on Windows 10.
When I went to San Francisco I managed to get it running on my Windows 8 Laptop. Spent the flight playing it

Huggie

Oct 22, 2018
Just watched the DS9 What We Left behind docu, had streamable access as a backer. Was a fantastic watch! Having the 5 main writers and show runners discussing a season 8 was mental. I would watch their ideas in a heartbeat.

Highly recommend fans of ds9 give it a watch. All of the scenes showed from the tv series were redone in HD and looks great. We need a remaster pronto.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the DS9 What We Left behind docu, had streamable access as a backer. Was a fantastic watch! Having the 5 main writers and show runners discussing a season 8 was mental. I would watch their ideas in a heartbeat.

Highly recommend fans of ds9 give it a watch. All of the scenes showed from the tv series were redone in HD and looks great. We need a remaster pronto.
Is it finally out???? I've been waiting forever...

Ah they're still not selling it, but they're going to screen it on May 13 across the US and Canada... guess I'll have to do that. lol

Last edited:

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Top 10 (voted) Star Trek Episodes...nothing surprising except Disco makes it in lol I would have voted for a ton of other episodes than the one they picked. The rest round off with mostly TNG and TOS and a single DS9 episode (You know the one)

https://www.startrek.com/videos/top...zTpF2aZsq0eYlH26F63uknD35m-l54qrVMgjwwJr31KlQ

Not a bad list!

Don't suppose you know the music at 3:25? I keep thinking it's from the Wrath of Khan but I can't place it.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad list!

Don't suppose you know the music at 3:25? I keep thinking it's from the Wrath of Khan but I can't place it.

It's used in First Contact, I don't know if that's the first use of it.

Considering the list is "For people new to Trek" the list is terrible. The TNG finale? A mid war DS9 episode? Really...

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rereading the Destiny trilogy. I somehow blanked out some major points of the story. Unfortunately for good reason. Everything Troi is awful. Her story is just a delayed fallout of one of her many TNG space rapes. Urgh.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm getting into DS9 for the first time, currently a few episodes into season 3... and they suddenly got Jake dating one of Quark's bar babes?? the fuck? Jake comes off like he's a twelve year old lmao