• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
That isn't technobable, and what is wrong with it?

Technobable is stuff like "The engines are being overworked, we need vent the iodine tubes or the gravimetric converter will blow the phase relays and take us and the core with it".

How is Isomorphic projection better than a hologram? What even is isomorphic projection? (it's an actual term for 2D drawings which doesn't apply here), it's something they came up with just to make the aliens seem more advanced, it's meaningless and dumb and didn't really need to be said.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is Isomorphic projection better than a hologram? What even is isomorphic projection? (it's an actual term for 2D drawings which doesn't apply here), it's something they came up with just to make the aliens seem more advanced, it's meaningless and dumb and didn't really need to be said.
But he is more than a hologram, he is a real person, somehow being projected onto Voyager from another ship and can interact, sit, even drink and taste things on Voyager. That is a huge difference to a hologram so gets it own name.

Technobable is meaningless tech soundings words that serve no distinction.

Oct 25, 2017
But he is more than a hologram, he is a real person, somehow being projected onto Voyager from another ship and can interact, sit, even drink and taste things on Voyager. That is a huge difference to a hologram so gets it own name.

Technobable is meaningless tech soundings words that serve no distinction.
Granted I didn't finish the episode so I missed that, still Voyager is the worst when it comes to that. There are plenty of other examples.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Finally saw What we Left Behind.

Someone remaster the whole damned series ffs.

also, I never picked up on Garak being gay. At all.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The Robin Hood episode of TNG has to be the worst across all the series, everything about it is pure awful, and the one before it was a Barclay episode, probably the most annoying character...

He also has the worst haircut in history

I always assumed the worst episode would be something in Voyager..

Last edited:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Finally saw What we Left Behind.

Someone remaster the whole damned series ffs.

also, I never picked up on Garak being gay. At all.

Yeah, you'd also have to ignore his burgeoning relationship with Ziyal.

And there's also the context of a PG 90s network show will always treat any areas of controversy with the biggest of kid gloves. The only times they approached it was when it could be abstracted through symbolic alien species with the message being the whole focus of the episode. No way they'd have the stones to do it for simply background character context.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'n an older interview. Andy said he wanted to play Garak as pansexual, they said no. So he did it anyway.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The Robin Hood episode of TNG has to be the worst across all the series, everything about it is pure awful, and the one before it was a Barclay episode, probably the most annoying character...

Yes, but it also has the best line in all of Star Trek so it evens itself out.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017

The Robin Hood episode is nowhere near the worst episode in TNG - that'd probably be Code of Honor - much less the whole series. Like, opinions and everything, but I just can't wrap my head around that one, honestly. It's a fun little adventure with some of the best lines in the show.

Barclay is, uh, very hit or miss for me, as a character. More miss than hit.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Yeah but it has this gem:
tumblr_mjbm0mxXZB1qd5tdto6_250.gif

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Clearly you are not a merry--

Yeah but it has this gem:
tumblr_mjbm0mxXZB1qd5tdto6_250.gif

DAMMIT I WAS BEATEN

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
S2 finale of TNG exists too. Can't believe Trek did a clip show.

A clip show of only S1+2 TNG too. Urgh.

Last edited:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hide and Q does everything the Robin Hood episode does but with all the terribleness and inexperience of Season 1.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I really like that Uniform.
Given that it has Admiral Pips though and we've occasionally seen Admirals have their own uniform variations before I wonder if that'll be the standard rank and file uniform for everyone.

At the very least I could see that gold stripe being an Admiral only thing.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Axanar has had several teaser trailers released for those interested. Shame about Richard Hatch, his roll as Kharn the Undying is not recast but replaced by a different character/actor. Tony Todd decided not to return as Admiral Ramirez. I'm unsure if Gary Graham is returning to play Soval but he did film this scene I'll post below before the lawsuit, it may be cut due the film now being forced into two 15 minute episodes instead of a 90+ minute movie.

Also, the teasers, need link them as is an embedding limit.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Wonder what the "admiral" detail is on that one? Would it be the gold lines going in a ^ on the chest? Or would it be the red stripes underneath it?

Or is this one a dress uniform? And the other ones will look completely diffrent?