• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
RIP DC Fontana

79352809_10218643093120857_7955089441549189120_o.jpg

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when and where we'd get a new/final trailer for Picard. There needs to be one last big push as we lead to the premiere beside normal ads/commercials. While Discovery only got two trailers going into season 1 I feel like Picard would get a bigger push overall.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder when and where we'd get a new/final trailer for Picard. There needs to be one last big push as we lead to the premiere beside normal ads/commercials. While Discovery only got two trailers going into season 1 I feel like Picard would get a bigger push overall.

well get something after the Picard short trek for sure

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure will be a final/launch trailer.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Just watched Mirror, Mirror as part of my Trek marathon (so far have watched all of Enterprise, Discovery and TOS ongoing). Honestly one of the best episodes of Trek I've watched so far. Mirror universe Sulu alone made this episode a sheer joy to watch and it was refreshing to see Scotty/McCoy/Uhuru getting the chance to let their chars shine. I can see why most fans bill this as the best of the Terran Empire episodes, just a blast from beginning to end!

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just noticed that CBS is flashing the Starfleet symbol after the CBS logo whenever they air a trailer for one of their shows on tv. It was really tripping me out.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What better way to promote CBS All Access and Picard than to quickly flash a symbol on unrelated shows that will only be understood by nerds who were going to watch it anyway.
The symbol is something they'd recognise when seeing Picard advertising in a month. It's about getting them to recognise not now and be curious to look closer later

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a bit of a grey area after the split and there were potential legal complications

I think that's a load of nonsense fans came up with themselves. The simpler answer is that with different creatives and executives in place plus ideas like "how does helping them benefit us", they weren't all that interested in cooperating if they weren't directly benefiting.
You know how some of the actors direct episodes?

I will always have made respect for the aliens in the main cast. Even stuff like Vulcan ears can take hours, and full-face stuff even longer.

It's no surprise they were leading Nimoy on during the show by saying that they'd just get plastic surgery to adjust his ears for the duration of the show. Apparently he only cottoned on that it was a joke when they said the studio would pay for it :P

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

Damn. This really tugs at my heart, just finished my rewatch of Deep Space Nine today. RIP.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
RIP to Rene, definitely a defining performance and character for the Star Trek legacy.

I feel so sad for Marina. I don't know what I'd do if I woke up to that.

Very few celebrity deaths have hit me very hard, but I am legit going to be a wreck when we start losing main TNG cast members.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I Ioathe how US TV has shit pop up on screen advertising other shows during the one you're watching.

Thankfully I barely watch any of it.