• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The Inner Light, man.

That episode just destroys me every time, right when Eline dies and he realizes the truth about the probe and how he was chosen to become the host for an entire civilization's history and culture. The ending with him playing the flute by himself is just.. ugh. Picard must have the strongest mind ever because he went through some serious psychological shit in his life. Love how it is re-explored in Lessons, another great episode about Picard falling in love.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The Inner Light, man.

That episode just destroys me every time, right when Eline dies and he realizes the truth about the probe and how he was chosen to become the host for an entire civilization's history and culture. The ending with him playing the flute by himself is just.. ugh. Picard must have the strongest mind ever because he went through some serious psychological shit in his life. Love how it is re-explored in Lessons, another great episode about Picard falling in love.
Reusing it in Lessons was a great move considering how emotionally closed off Picard can be.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
BBC America is going to start airing Deep Space Nine on January 20. I hope they do better with it than they do TNG and Voyager. It seems like they only show the same 30 or 40 episodes of those two shows over and over again.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good and yeah I always watch star trek on BBC but it's the same episodes over and over, kinda gets annoying considering how many each series has. At least they toss TOS on there every now and then.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nah it's probably the romulan armada that we've seen in the trailers

Star-Trek-Picard-Romulans-and-maybe-Vulcan.jpg

picard-20191220-trailer-00002.jpg

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that looks like it might be the first actually decent Short Trek they've made.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
The Expedition Theme Park Youtube channel just put out a half an hour documentary on the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas:

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the short trek, it was ok this whole batch was kinda underwhelming but at least this new one dropped enough hints about what Picard will start off with.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not really clear what "Synths" might mean without more details. Data was usually classified as an android, and the Borg are cybernetic life forms. I suppose it could just be the writers choosing to use the word regardless of what it could mean in existing Trek canon.

Or maybe it's an invasion of evolved Exocomps. lol

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
lol, I see that building the shuttlecraft flies past every day, and I went skating on the outdoor rink where it lands just yesterday.

3z9qz8A.jpg

Weird, this looks like Toront--

WAIT IS PICARD ALSO SHOOTING IN TORONTO

(I mean it would make sense given Discovery shoots here but it had honestly not occurred to me until now)

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
From what I remember, the live action short treks were filmed over the summer before they started shooting season 3 of discovery.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I say again, more shows should do this. Keeps fans engaged in the off season and gives you scope to just do something different.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say again, more shows should do this. Keeps fans engaged in the off season and gives you scope to just do something different.
No, we need to do what the UK did in the 90s with 6 months of weekly DS9 episodes followed by 6 months of Voyager episodes, repeated for like 6 years in a row. With a few movies here and there.

A new episode of Trek, every week, for 6 years.