• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
lRUgfzE.jpg

| Star Trek Franchise OT | Star Trek Discovery S2 OT |

Star Trek: Picard features Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: The Next Generation. The new series will follow this iconic character into the next chapter of his life.

Where to Watch
Cast

EfqtCLv.png

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard: A retired Starfleet admiral

lRpoSp8.png
1etSAZD.png

Michelle Hurd as Raffi Musiker: A former Starfleet intelligence officer struggling with substance abuse; Rios' partner
Jonathan Del Arco as Hugh: A former Borg drone who appeared in the Next Generation episodes "I, Borg" and "Descent, Part II"

RakU1s2.png
RosDFZm.png

Isa Briones as Dahj/Soji Asha: A young woman who comes to Picard for help
Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine: A former Borg drone liberated from the Collective who was a regular on Star Trek: Voyager

DCEurfm.png
NXystvY.png

Evan Evagora as Elnor: A Romulan refugee who is an expert in hand-to-hand combat and is fiercely loyal to Picard
Alison Pill as Agnes Jurati: A doctor who shares a common goal with Picard

xkW2mlg.png
3zjfggz.png

Santiago Cabrera as Cristobal "Chris" Rios: The pilot of Picard's ship, a skilled thief and a former Starfleet officer
Harry Treadaway as Narek: A Romulan agent who joins Picard's crew in investigating what his people are doing to former Borg drones

cdB7jdI_d.jpg

Jonathan Frakes as William Riker: Picard's former first officer on the Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E
Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi: Picard's former counselor on the Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E who married Riker in Star Trek: Nemesis

PmWmTxg.jpg
aTFkYB9.jpg

Brent Spiner as Data: An android who served with Picard as second officer aboard the Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E until his death in Star Trek: Nemesis
De Niro as Number One: Picard's dog

Articles

StarTrek.com - Star Trek: Picard Renewed for Season Two
Variety - 'Star Trek: Picard': Patrick Stewart on Why He Returned to the Final Frontier
Rolling Stone - 'I Heard Patrick's Voice in My Head': Michael Chabon on Making 'Picard' and Being a Fanboy
TrekCore -Star Trek's TV Universe Still Expanding; Kurtzman Reveals TWO MORE Live-Action Series in the Works

Reviews

But despite the cameos and Easter eggs, Picard never feels like nostalgia for its own sake. The creative team — including Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Michael Chabon, Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, and Kirsten Beyer— have clearly given a lot of thought to the idea of an elderly Picard.
Stewart's compelling enough to justify a relatively leisurely pace in the early going. There are a lot of new characters to introduce, and new circumstances for Picard, the Federation, and the Romulans. But it all feels cohesive and confident in a way that Discovery even in its good moments never quite has. (Nor, for that matter, did most of the previous spin-offs in their first seasons.)

Rolling Stone

..."Picard," the second streaming "Star Trek" series (after "Discovery"), is a peak-TV experience, and it immediately feels — on the surface, at least — as if it could be the franchise's best small-screen offering.

NYT

Finding a balance between old and new, between the past and the future, is as much a thematic concern as it is an offscreen imperative for Kurtzman, Stewart, and their fellow executive producers Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, and Heather Kadin. No one on screen or behind the scenes believes this story can just pick up where The Next Generation (or even the big-screen adventures) left off, narratively or otherwise. The passage of time, both on the show and in real life, is seen and felt everywhere, from Picard's strained relationship with Starfleet to the Federation's current state of intergalactic affairs to the more somber tone of the series.

AV Club

Today's world isn't what Fukiyama or Roddenberry dreamed of. Both writers were fundamentally focused on the Cold War, and couldn't really imagine the politics beyond it. But that doesn't prevent some version of their vision eventually coming to pass. Picard dares audiences to avoid wallowing in despair or nostalgia, and asks them to take action to build a world that's even better than anyone could have imagined.

Polygon

Trailers and Promos

Star Trek: Picard - A New Chapter Begins
Star Trek: Picard - Blue Skys Promo

The Ready Room

A continuation of 'After Trek' from season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery, The Ready Room is an aftershow for Star Trek: Picard. This season of The Ready Room will have a new host, Wil Wheaton, who played Wesley Crush in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The Ready Room will be available on CBS All Access, YouTube, Facebook, and IGTV.

🖖

Last edited:

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Poor Picard, the assholes at Starfleet put him on the Event Horizon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hopefully notices that I used a picture of Marina Sirtis from the Orville since I couldn't find any photos of her in Picard

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
Nice OP.

Past ready for this show to start, Picard is by far my favorite captain in all of Trek and I'm excited to see him in this new age.

Make it so!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looking forward to this, but with caution as when ST is all pew-pew all the time it turns me off, hopefully it's not that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the Crave release isn't a dumb primetime thing where we have to wait until 9pm on the Friday to see it. Honestly it's really difficult to even find the date/time it's supposed to premiere, all the Canadian ads only talk about CTV Sci-Fi Channel.

Otherwise looking forward to this, can't wait to see the future of Next Generation.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I have a great fear that Stewart and Kurtzman's influence will mean a terrible fucking show that fails to understand Star Trek and/or Picard.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
as Cristobal "Chris" Rios: The pilot of Picard's ship, a skilled thief and a former Starfleet officer

Now I am thinking how funny it would be if they brought back Robert McNeil to play Nic Lorcano.

I wouldn't rule it out. For all the trailers they've put out, they're mostly just different edits of the same stuff. They're almost certainly keeping their powder dry on some things.

I'll be shocked if a "big surprise" this season isn't an appearance by Janeway.

Last edited:

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Can we get Jonathan DelArco's role spoiler tagged? I realize that it would become obvious by looking up the actor, but I didn't do that and wasn't planning to, and had no idea that character was in this show until i read this thread :/

I am incredibly excited about this. Crossing my fingers that we get to see Guinan, Miles O'Brien, Dax, and Bashir at some point. Kira, Odo, or Quark probably wouldn't make any sense, so no expectations there. I just assume that Worf will show up eventually. Too bad that Nog probably won't be making an appearance :(

Massive bonus points if Picard and Garak ever have an encounter

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hugh is in this?

Fuck. Kinda wish I didnt read that.

Is it the same actor from TNG?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this, they honestly can't do the borg worse than they did in the novels (funny enough, it was the same series that they brought Data back which they also probably can't do worse than)... that was some shit tier writing.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up with TNG and I enjoyed all of Star Trek ever since in one way or another, I will find a way to enjoy Picard :P

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this, they honestly can't do the borg worse than they did in the novels (funny enough, it was the same series that they brought Data back which they also probably can't do worse than)... that was some shit tier writing.
We not going to shit on
"We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Also to anyone cautious about the direction of the show, the showrunner for season one is Michael Chabon who wrote the Short Trek, Calypso. If you liked the Short Trek, that should give you idea for how the direction of the show might be.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Oh I didn't know it was going to be on Prime. May as well give it a try then.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What's the point of having the name and roles of these actors in the OT but then blacking out the character description? That doesn't make sense to me.