• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
What if the first episode is just Picard confused and looking for the bathroom ;_;

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
tenor.gif

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
The show is about Picard's state of depression because he's seen everything. He's seen it all.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I guess they don't care about it appealing to anyone else but people who are already Star Trek: TNG fans?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
This is an incredibly small complaint, but I really don't like the logo very much. The Starfleet chevron isn't the TNG/post-TNG one, and the 'Star Trek' font is way too TOS.

Anyways, with that pedantic nonsense out the way:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S MAH BOI

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is the first Star Trek show since TOS to not feature a space vehicle /station in the title.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, we saw that in Star Trek '09
I think Nemesis was after Voyager. I doubt we will see much continuity from Voyager given how little Voyager cared about it. I mean they did use borg nanoprobes to cure short term death in one episode...
Nemesis takes place after Voyager.

And I suppose the various time travel episodes give glimpses of the future (All Good Things).
Technically, no. We saw it in the 2009 reboot series.

Right right, I kinda don't count the TNG movies in my head, so I just forgot. Should have thought about the 2009 series though.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Wasn't there an interview like a week ago where someone connected to the show was like "well OF COURSE it's not going to be called Star Trek Picard, we'll have the official name for you soon"?

Anyway, poor name aside, I'm all in, let's go.
This is the first Star Trek show since TOS to not feature a space vehicle /station in the title.
Ah yes, Picard and his USS The Next Generation.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they don't care about it appealing to anyone else but people who are already Star Trek: TNG fans?
Kinda feels like it. Discovery has made me not as disinterested as I would have been before, but I don't have any nostalgia for TNG. Really hope this is good though since my wife is a big fan.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Starfleet can't make up their mind on uniforms, can they?

D6om4fWW0AE_xa2

I mean, I think this is set about twenty years after Nemesis, and the grey unis had already been around for seven or so years by that point, which is essentially an eternity in Starfleet uniform terms. Guessing they've probably been through three or four variations since.

(Personally I'm kiiiiiiinda hoping that's a cadet uniform, and that the actual unis have more colour.)

And it'll be like Voyager and Deep Space Nine never happened.

If they're bringing the retcon gun out, I want all of the TNG movies just blasted from the sky, thanks.