• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Through this announcement I found out that Amazon Prime Video does not have Chromecast support.

What the fuck. Trying to help my dad get his Star Trek and they just keep making it harder.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I like the action scenes - 'It's the Enterprise!' is an all-time great movie moment - but I don't think it's captures the characters all that well, and I don't like the Enterprise E. Besides, to get rid of Generations - one of my chief goals here - you need to delete everything that came after it too. The main issue is working around Worf referencing it in DS9, since you gotta keep DS9.

(To be clear, I don't actually expect them to ignore all the movies or whatever. I just wish TNG had finished with All Good Things.)

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Does this take place after or before "all good things" when he's at the vineyard? Or did that happen at all since Q was just playing?

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already starting better than Discovery then.
Shit name.

Hopefully they saved any actual creativity for the show.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I think Nemesis was after Voyager. I doubt we will see much continuity from Voyager given how little Voyager cared about it. I mean they did use borg nanoprobes to cure short term death in one episode...

And never again lol.

Is Picard going to be suffering from memorial loss/ dementia like he did in "all good things"?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god this is real?! I thought I dreamed this, just like the FF7 remake.

Oct 25, 2017
Going with the most obvious name imaginable is a bit unexciting but you can't really complain. It is what it says on the tin.

Seeing that first new image of Picard (not just Patrick Stewart) is a little surreal. This shit is more to me than endgame but I'm afraid to get hyped.

I'm not too thrilled about that obscured uniform to the right. From what can be seen so far, it basically looks like the VOY era uniform but the color continues up into a collar. Not that different. I was hoping they'd get a little more creative than sticking with the familiar. If it's just the same shit with a new collar that'd be pretty boring. I hope a better look at it reveals it to be more distinct. Or maybe it's a cadet uniform.

UQsijU4.png

Edit: I guess somebody managed to snap another potato pic of the uniforms at some point:
CsjfIn7.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Trek: Discovery is apparently going to be set post-Voyager in it's upcoming season from what I've read.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Going with the most obvious name imaginable is a bit unexciting but you can't really complain. It is what it says on the tin.

Seeing that first new image of Picard (not just Patrick Stewart) is a little surreal. This shit is more to me than endgame but I'm afraid to get hyped.

I'm not too thrilled about that obscured uniform to the right. From what can be seen so far, it basically looks like the VOY era uniform but the color continues up into a collar. Not that different. I was hoping they'd get a little more creative than sticking with the familiar. If it's just the same shit with a new collar that'd be pretty boring. I hope a better look at it reveals it to be more distinct. Or maybe it's a cadet uniform.

UQsijU4.png

AviqRQy.jpg

It does look very similar to the TNG-era cadet unis. I'm hoping it's a cadet uniform, or something to that effect, too--I'd like them to try exploring the idea of working the Starfleet delta into the colour pattern again, like with the TNG uniforms. (But, y'know, different 'cause it's new.)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna be disappointed if they don't have Ian McKellen do a guest appearance.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Starfleet just can't make up their mind on uniforms, can they?

D6om4fWW0AE_xa2
They look a lot like the cadet uniforms from TNG from that angle (from what we can see.)

I never really loved the later DS9/TNG movie uniforms but I kind of wanted them to stick around so that it wasn't just the monster maroons that got kept for decades.

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed TNG and watched it each week as they released new episodes. Kinda really don't care about more episodes about Jean Luc Picard. The movies, too, just focused too much on that character. I mean he's a great actor but let's move on.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I really enjoyed TNG and watched it each week as they released new episodes. Kinda really don't care about more episodes about Jean Luc Picard. The movies, too, just focused too much on that character. I mean he's a great actor but let's move on.
It's been 17 years since that character. You're totally free to feel that way, I even get it, but, I'm totally ready for more adventures with arguably the best character to ever come out of Star Trek, and best yet, the actor seems excited about it.

If you want just "Star Trek" there are a variety of both movies and tv that will tickle your fancy. Discovery season 2 was amazing.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Jesus. It would be like not knowing who Jesus is. I think right there are that point I'd just give up on the federation as a lost cause. Kudos Picard for carrying on.

It's the final proof that Kirk was the best captain! Everyone forgot about Picard in 20 years, but everyone still remembers Kirk 100 years after TOS.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
I'm so excited to just see that one shoulder of yellow uniform in the background.

With the title; everyone's just been calling it 'The Picard show', so might as well call it Picard eh.

So I guess the official Star Trek abbreviation will be:

PIC

I like the Tng movie/ DS9/Voyager uniform in the background too. Odd, I mean they were replaced with that ugly dark grey one during the dominion war and later tng films. Maybe those will be made to be just a wartime uniform, hence starfleet switching back to the old ones during this series?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like them in part, but especially on DS9 the tailoring on them was all over the place. They looked better than the earlier seasons/VOY ones as more uniforms than jumpsuits, but that's a low ceiling for praise.
Yeah. The poor DS9 actors got a bit fucked over with the TNG movie leftovers. For a bit.