• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
10 Forward has the windows at a 45 degrees angle and that saucer is more like 15.. ah well..

I feel like officer quarters might have had windows at a shallower angle. Maybe it doesn't exactly match up, but I always had the impression they were either on the under or overside of the saucer, at the flatter ends of the saucer.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Depending of where they go with it the seeds may have been planted in TNG:

Look how horrified he is, having to potentially live out this life as a dreary man with a tedious job. He is an officer on the Starfleet flagship and the first officer just told him that he is doing a good job and that they don't want to lose him. Yet he is downright panicking, essentially begging Q to restore his former life. He strikes me as a man who despises being a "nobody" and who after several rough decades could indeed react that way to someone working in what are presumabley Starfleet Headquarters not knowing who he is.

I don't think that was the point of Tapestry. Picard didn't want to be in that position because he understood it wasn't who he really was. He enjoys and is fulfilled by his role of Captain because it's who he has lived his life as, how he got there is how he became who he is and he doesn't reject that person. I think Picard's state of emotion in this scene merely reflects on his frustration at the idea of not being who he really is and how the lower ranked position won't get him back to being the person he is. That's why he inquires about a path towards command. The idea here is, is that by not being who you were in the past, you wouldn't be who you are now and if Picard didn't live his adventurous and risky youth, he wouldn't have lived the life he did. I don't think it's really about him looking down on the other position, it's more him projecting his frustration at the idea of not being himself anymore. Initially, in the early parts of the episode, he reflects on the changes he's gone through and how he is more thoughtful, but in the end he realizes that the younger him and the older him are connected even through the changes that have happened over the years. His realization through this episode is part of his own arc and path to understanding the non linearity of being human in time and how he is the same but different throughout the years. By trying to project his more reasonable, considered nature onto his youthful self, he ends up erasing who he is now and there's really nothing to project.

That's why Tapestry is a great part of Picard's overall arc that culminates with his experiences in 'All good things...'

Oct 28, 2017
i've never really liked it tbh. partly 'cause i'm bitter they didn't give the D the send off it deserved to make room for it, and partly just 'cause the whole 'it's sharper and darker' thing just ain't for me, really, particularly in the context of trek.

i love it more than is strictly reasonable

Apparently they destroyed D because it didnt film well on a movie screen (as opposed to a tv).