• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that two new episodes premiere tomorrow morning on The Disney Channel:

Sunday, March 31
Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Out of Business; Kelly's World
(8:00 — 8:30 A.M. EDT)

Star, Marco and Janna want to take full advantage of Quest Buy's Going Out of Business Sale; Marco and Kelly risk life and limb to return a library book before it's overdue.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Curse of the Blood Moon
(8:30 — 9:00 A.M. EDT)

Star and Marco set off on a dangerous mission to break the Blood Moon's curse

TV's Topanga will be guest voicing in one episode:

EDIT: Disney XD twitter put up a brief clip from "Curse of the Blood Moon", looks like time-travel shenanigans might be coming:

Also we're starting to see some episode descriptions come out for episodes airing in April, OP has been updated and is currently up-to-date. We only have synopsis for two episodes but more will come in the following days.

Will we see Seth appearing in the final season?
Hard to say at this point, he's only been alluded to in the Magic Book of Spells lore book. Though I'd be surprised if they didn't.

EDIT: potentially accurate episode summary by former SVTFOE boarder Ariel VH:
tumblr_inline_pp7enyDnps1qmd4cn_540.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that they remembered Janna existed.

"Kelly's World" = "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"
tumblr_pp8gzdh8Wg1wyp4kx_400.png

Eclipsa is now Marco's outer-dimensional surrogate mom/grandma, sorry I don't make the rules.
tumblr_pp8x9g2G8e1v6ixcq_400.png

All CotBM did was ensure that when Star and Marco do get together, no one will be able to hand-wave it as some kinda magical "Blood Moon Ball bond that's not the same as a real one". I'm on to you, Nefcy...
tumblr_pp88htTTfH1ui7whgo9_400.gif

Other than that I don't feel like there was much of substance in these latest episodes. I'll be glad once the show gets back to dealing with the Globgor situation.

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Curse of The Blood Moon

Why? Are you kidding me with this Starco drama? We still know they're going to be a couple.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's... That's it? That is it for the Blood Moon? Wow, that was a very boring episode.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Out of Business / Kelly's World // Curse of the Blood Moon
Janna's back at last! And she made a Marco baby for herself and Star. Glad they didn't have Star and the others really get stuck in that back room.

Marco looks good with a big ponytail. Marco and Kelly really do make for a better couple than him and Star. Nice music during the Wool Hair-Do sequence.

So Curse of the Blood Moon chalks up all the previous Marco and Star shipping moments to a curse and completely undoes it. I mean, I get that their relationship hasn't progressed in a great way, but this is a really weird way to get out of it. Episode was fun enough, but the fact that an entire half hour was set aside to undo something the show has built up to a lot is unsatisfying.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a little down time from the globgor/eclipsa story, but these episodes were weirdly inconsequential...and boring.

Marco has at least 2 other potential love interests lined up with Heckapoo and Kelly, but he's gonna get together with Star anyway.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, those last few titles are ominous.

I actually liked the last couple of episodes. Kelly and Marco have a really fun dynamic and more Janna is always a blast.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
And OP updated.

"Cleaved" brings to mind that thing Glossaryck said at the end of Season 1, where you can cleave things apart but also cleave them together.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching the first episode back when it first premiered and being super charmed. Now I find out it's on Hulu and the last season is airing now? Kinda want to jump in.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_ppipt3xUZG1w9hyyqo1_400.gif

Cheek-smooshing reminder that two new episodes will premiere tomorrow morning on TDC:

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Princess Quasar Catepillar and the Magic Bell; Ghost of Butterfly Castle

Ludo becomes determined to figure out how not to let his past hinder him any longer and continue on with the rest of his life; Moon revisits the Butterfly Castle ruins to discover an item she left behind, but she is soon surprised.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Cornball!; Meteora's Lesson

Star tries to convince Buff Frog to move back to Mewni; Glossaryck needs Meteora to help him with an errand.

Disney XD shared this clip from "Princess Quasar Catepillar and the Magic Bell" on their twitter:

And this I'm posting because I can (volume warning):

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
that feeling when a lore episode hits:
tumblr_ppktipYJvc1vaup8zo1_540.gif

Two actually, but the Meteora episode was some EXTRA shit.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Quasar Catepillar and the Magic Bell:
I stopped caring about Ludo's story anymore but I was surprised at how much I liked this episode. Seeing him finally abandon his desire for power so that he could rebuild his home with his brothers and sisters was a touching moment and acts as a nice send off to the character.

Ghost of Butterfly Castle:
Seeing Loveberry again got me giddy. After seeing her take on Star, Marco, and Tom at the same time last season, I could see the potential in her being a good villain so I'm glad she wasn't gone for good. Twist about her being the person who tried to Yada Yada Eclipsa was decent as well.

Cornball:
"Yeah, but our generation is garbage"; this show's metaphor for racism and inclusion, and it's exploration of it, continue to impress me

Meteora's Lesson
I know this was supposed to be a good lore episode but it left me confused. So Glossaryk gave the first mewmans magic all along? And Toffee could've been stopped this whole time? The framing of Glossaryk's whole neutral position to everything and his uncaring attitude on what happens to Mewni and even the Butterfly lineage just makes me question why did the creators bring him back at all?

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Meteora's Lesson
I know this was supposed to be a good lore episode but it left me confused. So Glossaryk gave the first mewmans magic all along? And Toffee could've been stopped this whole time? The framing of Glossaryk's whole neutral position to everything and his uncaring attitude on what happens to Mewni and even the Butterfly lineage just makes me question why did the creators bring him back at all?
We kinda already knew that Glossaryck was there from the beginning in order to teach the Butterfly family how to wield the wand so it's not really surprising. What's really surprising is how the truth about how it happened became obscured due to time and a brief cover story told to a bunch of hypnotic suggestion-prone travelers who appear to be in the same state Moon and Star were while in the Realm of Magic.

tumblr_ppl3wfZMsv1ui7whgo1_540.png

tumblr_inline_ppll5rtt3n1sexa0f_540.png

They were standing in the bog that would eventually house the magic sanctuary which we know is connected to it. How did they get there, and where did they come from? The Realm of Magic seemingly connects to various places around Mewni and even other dimensions, could these early settlers have come from elsewhere in space and time? I've seen theories, possibly due to their particular style of clothing, to be a pack of lost humans from some time in Earth's history. Everything from the missing Roanoke colonists to Bermuda Triangle victims. They arrived on Mewni, dazed and confused, and Glossaryck basically fed them their new history and the means to wield magic before absconding. No idea if that's the case here, though. Though the show already established that there's really not much of a difference between humans and Mewmans.

But yeah, it's kinda weird how casual Glossaryck is about everything, including seemingly instigating the monster rebellion that would eventually get Comet Butterfly killed and cause all kinds of hardships for the kingdom. He's admitted that his only purpose is to teach future Queens of Mewni how to wield magic, so his seemingly exclusive interest in Meteora is telling.

tumblr_ppl527uAJp1v1pl41_540.jpg

this is the last season, so I hope they take the time to clear some stuff up
still, it's fun to speculate

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Quasar Caterpillar and the Magic Bell / Ghost of Butterfly Castle
I know some people thought that first episode would mean we see alternate realities again, but I guess not. I couldn't remember what Ludo's status was before, but good that he's finding some form of stability now.

I'll be honest, I never liked Mina, especially as a serious threat.

Cornball! / Meteora's Lesson
The kids playing at the end was expected but nice. But I've never liked the Mewman racism scenes, because they go on for longer than they need to and are all about annoying characters being annoying.

Not a fan of Glossaryck having this much influence on the past of the series. It was weird bringing back Toffee just for a seemingly pointless cameo.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Someone ponyfied the dance scene in "Curse of the Blood Moon". Will post in a spoiler block in a proper MLP thread too.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_pppo7wbyy71te43d5_400.png

Smug-filled reminder that two new episodes of Star Vs. air tomorrow morning starting @ 8AM:

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — The Knight Shift; Queen-Napped

Star and Marco are forced to make an important decision regarding the future; Star and Marco work together to rescue Eclipsa after she is kidnapped.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Junkin' Janna; A Spell with No Name

Tom comes to discover just how much fun he can have without Star being there as well; Star and Eclipsa join forces in order to defeat a lethal spell that has gone rogue after two of their spells collide into one another.

Last week Gallery Nucleus held their 'Blood Moon Ball' event and while nothing was discussed about the show's future episodes there was one piece of artwork showcased that seems to confirm the principal cast of "Queen-Napped":
tumblr_inline_ppnzxt66qg1te43d5_1280.png

Disney XD also posted these on their twitter, possibly from The Knight Shift and Junkin' Janna episodes:

And then there's this mysterious image, which was apparently uploaded to TDC's Instagram only to be deleted later (though could possibly be fake so...):
tumblr_ppvjl1MW8f1sgvmbk_640.png

We also have confirmation that the show's production is officially at an end:
tumblr_ppv9j6Wiwq1tlg4ng_540.png

Finally, important PSA: starting next Sunday, new episodes of Star Vs. The Forces of Evil will move up one hour to premiere at 7AM instead of 8, taking Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure's previous broadcast slot since tomorrow the last episode of the season (series?) will air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
[big wand energy]
tumblr_ppycfuQwZk1vaup8zo1_400.gif

tumblr_ppy1kaeIAa1thf3wjo1_400.gif

tumblr_ppy53taZqj1ui7whgo1_r1_400.gif

[Ominous, foreboding energy]
tumblr_ppy5zvAfzZ1rxk80h_400.gif

tumblr_ppy6teb8nZ1rxk80h_400.gif

[not sure where this is going energy]
tumblr_ppyf98DocP1vaup8zo1_400.gif

EDIT: updated the OP with some new episode synopsii; apparently Marco's parents saw the light and decided to give the baby a more fitting name.
EDIT: then there's this little tidbit that appeared on SVTFOE's iTunes page:

No longer the ruler of Mewni, Star must now confront her own future…and her destiny. Star and Eclipsa team-up to stop a lethal spell gone rogue. Marco and Tom go on a dragon-cycling adventure. And when Star, Marco, Janna, and Tom traverse amnesia-inducing waters to get back to Mewni, they lose their memories. With a universe full of monsters spiraling out of control, and mysteries of the past yet to uncover, Star Butterfly will stand tall as she journeys to an epic finale!

Amnesia inducing waters? I think we all know what that entails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
TVinsider.com has revealed a brief clip from the episode "The Monster and the Queen", which seems to be a flashback to the days Globgor and Eclipsa were courting. Jaime Camil will be voicing Globgor. View the clip at the link.

There's also this image that I don't have a proper source of, seems to be teasing the episode "A Boy and his DC-700XE":
D4fhAtiUcAYxySm.jpg:small

And yes it's accurate, SVTFOE episodes will be premiering at 7AM Sunday mornings from now on instead of 8.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_pq979uIsZJ1te43d5_400.jpg

Quick reminder that new episodes of Star Vs. air tomorrow morning starting @ 7AM sharp, so look alive.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — A Boy and His DC-700XE; The Monster and the Queen

Marco and Tom go on a dragon-cycling adventure; Eclipsa has a date with Globgor.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Cornonation

Star plans a coronation for Eclipsa to become Queen.

Expecting shit to go down in Cornonation, so don't miss out.

Disney XD released a brief clip from "A Boy and His DC-700XE" on twitter:

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Those episodes were great, loved the Marco and Tom moments.
Globgor is such a good dad and husband. He's what Eclipsa needs right now.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care much for the dragon cycle episode, but everything else was great. I have to admit Eclipsa was very sketchy with the mind invasion thing. I'm surprised Star didn't berate her more for that considering it's such a huge breach of privacy and trust.

I think there's a fairly clear outline of what's to come, but I'm looking forward to any surprises in store.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pqayfrwXUl1vja958o1_540.png

wow, rude

"How is she here?" would be a more appropriate question. Does she live on Mewni now?

Mina is going to become a big problem, right?
Yeah. Waiting for Janna to reveal herself as the real big bad, though.

I didn't care much for the dragon cycle episode, but everything else was great. I have to admit Eclipsa was very sketchy with the mind invasion thing. I'm surprised Star didn't berate her more for that considering it's such a huge breach of privacy and trust.
Yes, especially after the body swap episode you'd think Eclipsa wouldn't go to the next worst thing you can do. Weirdly she never blames Star for lying to her about the piece she salvaged.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
We got a synopsis for the 22-minute, SVTFOE SERIES FINALE episode "Cleaved" that seemingly blows the lid off the entire season, if not the show itself. Brace yourselves:

Sunday, May 19
Star vs. the Forces of Evil "Cleaved"
(7:30–8:00 A.M. EDT)

Star attempts to solve all of her problems.

holy shit I'm tingling all over

For some reason the official solicits didn't include anything acknowledging the other 4 episodes airing in May as well.

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the direction they took Globgor. It made the reunion with his family all the more emotional. Glad the crystal guy finally got his due.

And yeah, as other have mentioned, Mina is about to screw things up...

royally.

(I'm so sorry).
Really not liking how we are just undoing relationships off screen
That was pretty weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really related to this last episode, but I like how the show has awknowledge Marco's time off adventuring a lot more lately. For a while there it felt like they'd just ignore it. Now they openly talk about him doing things in his 30s and how he's a pretty dang experienced fighter.

Really not liking how we are just undoing relationships off screen

Yeah, I don't really care who Marco ends up with, but ending it like that off screen was crappy.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
MoringMark is a monster for even coming up with these scenarios.

So, another small batch of episode descriptions have been found from an unlikely source, for the May 12th episodes. I updated the OP with them, but I'm starting to see a troubling trend develop. I might be off the mark, but bear with me:

The May 12th episodes have no mention of Marco, Tom or Janna in their descriptions. Janna's kind of a no-brainer, she's tertiary at best (even though she has had a laser focus on her this season) but Marco and Tom are Star's right and left-hand man-boys at the moment so it seems odd there appears to be no mention of them in these episodes that immediately precede the finale.

The synopsii also give away that Mina succeeds in creating her "Solarian Warriors". One thing we know from the Book of Spells is that Queen Solaria needed Mewman volunteers to create her warriors, Mina included. Though, I suppose, they don't HAVE to be volunteered... she could just kidnap 'em instead.

You see where I'm going with this?

The iTunes general season desriptions specifically mentions that those exact three + Star end up in the Realm of Magic or something connected to it:
"And when Star, Marco, Janna, and Tom traverse amnesia-inducing waters to get back to Mewni, they lose their memories"

Which will probably occur sometime in the May 5th episodes, we can't be sure though since we don't have descriptions for that lot yet. We now know Star is going to come out of there okay, but what if the others don't? Them being made effectively vegetables could make it easy for one Mina Loveberry to snatch them away from Star and brainwash them into being her Solarian Warriors.

Star Vs. The Forces of Her Best Friends Gone Rogue

Again, I reiterate I'm probably way off the mark here. The show could very easily go another direction entirely, and this show does tend to do things in a totally unexpected way that's difficult to predict. Welp, that's my two cents.