• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Knight Shift / Queen Napped
Now Marco remembers his skills from the Neverzone!

Ponyhead continues to be the worst. I wrote that before she was revealed to be the culprit, but it still applies.

Junkin Janna / A Spell With No Name
That was a fun enough episode, but I don't care for Mina.

Oh right, I forgot that Star's summons had their own world. Though they lived in the wand before, right? So where are they now? Anyway, episode is eh.

A Boy and His DC-700XE / The Monster and the Queen
... Off screen break up? Why?! Like why even establish Marco and Kelly a couple episodes ago if they're going to do this?

It somehow took half this episode for me to realize this was a flashback. Oh never mind, this isn't. I forgot the beginning of the episode. Anyway, Eclipsa continues to be the best part of the show.

Coronation
That Marco and Tom performance was pretty good.

I never liked Romulus being a story significant character. At least maybe now the characters will stop pretending he deserves any respect.

So, Globgor eating people is just getting glossed over, huh? That and Eclipsa being accepted to this level feels a lot like the show crew were only informed the show was ending at this point and started rushing for an ending, even though that probably isn't the case.

Those oddities aside, good episode.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, I forgot that Star's summons had their own world. Though they lived in the wand before, right? So where are they now? Anyway, episode is eh.
The wand was only a conduit for firing off spells, the only thing "physically" inside the wand is the Millhorse. Now Star herself is the conduit.

The sentient spells probably exist in another dimension like the Realm of Magic.

I never liked Romulus being a story significant character. At least maybe now the characters will stop pretending he deserves any respect.
Even Rhombulus has his small contingent of fans. They weren't too happy to see him treated as the incompetent boob he normally is, let me tell you. It's like they all forgot the guy was going to keep Star frozen in crystal on a gut feeling when they first ran into each other.

So, Globgor eating people is just getting glossed over, huh? That and Eclipsa being accepted to this level feels a lot like the show crew were only informed the show was ending at this point and started rushing for an ending, even though that probably isn't the case.
Wasn't that during wartime? Solaria's forces also took their fair share of lives "for the greater good".

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_pqkgwel9801te43d5_400.png

Parodoxical reminder that two new episodes air tomorrow morning starting @ 7AM.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Doop-Doop; Britta's Tacos
(7:00 — 7:30 A.M. EDT)

Star attempts to figure out what to do with her life after she is not responsible for Mewni any longer ; Marco attempts to consume 50 tacos in order to win a special prize that is offered at Britta's Tacos restaurant.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Beach Day; Gone Baby Gone
(7:30 — 8:00 A.M. EDT)

Star gets ready to actually have the day at the beach with Marco; Marco misplaces both Mariposa and Meteora somewhere in Hekapoo's dimension.

Disney XD shared a brief clip from... "Doop-Doop" I think?

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Ho boy, that gone baby gone episode.
I thought what marco went though originally was messed up, but this... will they even remember the time in there? IDK man, shit's crazy. Surely it will come up soon with the show about to end, right?

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pqnzeuzo6z1ui7whgo1_400.gif

Britta's Tacos had NO RIGHT being that good. I had a deep smile on my face the whole time. Just wave after wave of nostalgia for simpler times.

EDIT: bonus gif

tumblr_pqnrikoXmF1vaup8zo1_540.gif

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pqnzeuzo6z1ui7whgo1_400.gif

Britta's Tacos had NO RIGHT being that good. I had a deep smile on my face the whole time. Just wave after wave of nostalgia for simpler times.

EDIT: bonus gif

tumblr_pqnrikoXmF1vaup8zo1_540.gif
Agreed, I actually liked seeing all the old characters again. Even Marcos old friends who I still don't remember the names of even though they said them in the episode. Such a nostalgia trip!

Also, Hekapoo is either incompetent for telling Marco about the trouble or her plan was to get him involved in the first place.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Those were some nostalgic episodes, really enjoyed them. Glad Jackie seems to be happy, and with a girlfriend too, that was a neat surprise.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
And to think, the crazy old lady they met in a dumpster behind a donut shop would end up being the final villain of the series!

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I loved what they did with the beach day photo. It was bleak and sobering in a way I never expected from a kids show and I really liked how Star was still able to accept how important the photo was even after finding out it was basically a lie she literally told herself.

I'm also more convinced than ever that Star and Marco are going to get together.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Doop-Doop / Britta's Tacos
Damn, this first episode really does feel like things are coming to an end.

Marco's daughter sister is cute. I'm surprised they're making these parent jokes with teens... wait, how old is Marco now? Good that he made sure to get his GED. Oh hey, the bathroom is non-binary, neat. It's pretty nice seeing all these old characters. Oh, neat, Jackie has a girlfriend girl who happens to be a friend.

Beach Day / Gone Baby Gone
This was a nice episode.

It's pretty messed up that Mariposa and Meteora have to revert to children. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a joke about this having happened to Meteora before. So if they go back to the Netherrealm, do they go back to being teens like Marco becomes an adult?

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty messed up that Mariposa and Meteora have to revert to children. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a joke about this having happened to Meteora before. So if they go back to the Netherrealm, do they go back to being teens like Marco becomes an adult?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case in regards to how the Neverzone works: not only does time move faster over there but it's like it "saves their progress" to borrow a gaming term, and restores it instantly when Marco/Mariposa/Meteora return.

Or at least that's how it should work, but if you all would recall Marco spent some additional years there in the episode Ransomgram but looks pretty much the same in Gone Baby Gone. And then there's Brunzetta, who doesn't seem to age at all (because she's summoned from somewhere outside the Neverzone?). Star, of course, never spent years there so she'll always look the same.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I swear... I am sick of The Roundtable's AwestruckVox going on about Seth of Septarsis being the ultimate bad guy (and always some misleading thumbnail for their Youtube).

They're not bringing in some unknown guy as big bad out of nowhere for the final 7 episodes.

If anything, Mina in her super armor and death crow have more of a chance becoming the final boss than Seth (a guy only mentioned in the book of spells).

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I swear... I am sick of The Roundtable's AwestruckVox going on about Seth of Septarsis being the ultimate bad guy (and always some misleading thumbnail for their Youtube).

They're not bringing in some unknown guy as big bad out of nowhere for the final 7 episodes.

If anything, Luna in her super armor and death crow have more of a chance becoming the final boss than Seth (a guy only mentioned in the book of spells).

Fans in general love reveling in the background lore of a piece of media and acting like it'll be a huge plot point any day now. Just look at the Start Wars fandom.

And that theory is dumb. He's basically hoping the show pulls a Naruto.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017

If anything, Luna in her super armor and death crow have more of a chance becoming the final boss than Seth (a guy only mentioned in the book of spells).

I'm disappointed that Mina will be the final boss of the series. It's way too late for Seth or even Toffee to have a role in the main story.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. I was not expecting the direction those episodes took. We went from the climatic high of last week's episodes to a really low-key, almost season 1 style group of episodes. Doop-Doop feels like a cap on Star's whole journey as a Eclipsa's help and in doing so, signals arguably the final leg in her journey this show. Britta's Tacos was the highlight, as I honestly didn't expect such a low-stakes episode to hit so hard emotionally. It's crazy that being back on Earth and seeing all the old humans brings a sense of nostalgia to the show. The resolution to Jackie and Marco's arc together was unexpectedly sweet as well, arguably the most thoughtful end (or well after) of a relationship in the show. Beach Day made me sad, seeing as it's probably one of the last Star and Marco solo episodes in the series, yet that alone made it all the better to see them have fun. And Gone Baby Gone came out of nowhere. I honestly didn't expect to see a teenage version of Meteora, much less Mariposa in this show at all. They're a cool pair though, and it's sad they gotta go back to being babies honestly.

Damn, the more episodes we get, the more I don't want this show to end.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Fans in general love reveling in the background lore of a piece of media and acting like it'll be a huge plot point any day now. Just look at the Start Wars fandom.

And that theory is dumb. He's basically hoping the show pulls a Naruto.

So true! At least Shippunden's filler devoted a full arc to the "New Challenger". But he keeps mentioning Seth in his recent vids and it drives me up the wall.

I agree with Owl that Mina is disappointing if she is the big bad... unless there's a big lore dump in the last two episodes revealing she's the illegitimate child of Solaria and a monster (which would be weird as well).

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Mina is disappointing, but symbolically and thematically, she's really the perfect candidate for a final boss.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_pqulpsGk6M1te43d5_540.gif

Sandy-beach jig reminder that two new episodes premiere tomorrow morning @ 7AM!

Star vs. the Forces of Evil —Sad Teen Hotline; Jannanigans
(7:00 — 7:30 A.M. EDT)

Tom breaks up with Star but is not prepared for the consequences; Star and Marco need Janna's help to return to Mewni.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil — Mama Star; Ready, Aim, Fire
(7:30 — 8:00 A.M. EDT)

Star, Marco, Janna and Tom lose their memories as they traverse amnesia-inducing waters to get back to Mewni; Star arrives in Mewni as a soldier attacks Monster Castle.

Looks like the stay on Earth was short-lived.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
This season started off somewhat good, but after the Coronation episode it took a huge dive with this Star and Marco drama.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

If anything, Mina in her super armor and death crow have more of a chance becoming the final boss than Seth (a guy only mentioned in the book of spells).

Im dissapointed in no Seth too :'^( by the episode titles mina will be the last enemy

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Oh ho, a cliffhanger. Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see how everything goes, ha ha.
tumblr_pr1ea0cIiN1vucssf_400.gif

Marco figuring out the Mewman = Human connection and being completely ignored by Star...
tumblr_pr1argy9H11uso9up_400.png

tumblr_otnvotw6Lr1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Have you ever seen a face so mischievous you could cry?
tumblr_pr17baqkIO1wcc6jp_400.jpg

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Things escalated quickly didn't they. Aside from the relationship stuff, these episodes were all great.

The magic dimension continues to be creepy and unsettling. I figured Mina would be the final baddie, but there seems to be something going on with the magic.

Anyway, I'm excited for the next episode.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Sad Teen Hotline / Jannanigans
Glad Tom was the one who broke up and not Star being dumb. I love how hilariously awkward it became when neither Tom nor Star could leave and had to spend the night at Marco's.

I was surprised to see Janna suddenly showing up on Mewni be a major plot point. Also the missing prize t-shirt. I thought learning more about Janna's deal would remove some of the appeal, but we don't really get any explanations. Also some questions raised about the taco place.

Mama Star / Ready, Aim, Fire
I honestly still don't like Magic Realm stuff; it always feels like padding.

And it looks like Mina is the final villain after all. And the Magic High Commission continues to be the worst.

Last edited:

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The magic high commission deciding to just let mina attack the castle made no damn sense considering what happened in coronation

Like this show never been entirely 100% committed to anything but that was just a random turn done for no real reason?

Oct 26, 2017
The magic high commission deciding to just let mina attack the castle made no damn sense considering what happened in coronation

Like this show never been entirely 100% committed to anything but that was just a random turn done for no real reason?
Pretty sure it alludes to them basically being in on the plan to frame Globgor rather than it being a solo job by the crystal dude.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Janna still has a little something under her hat, doesn't she?
tumblr_inline_pr25goQ5WO1rnqi6g_400.gif

I wonder if that's going to be a problem...

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it alludes to them basically being in on the plan to frame Globgor rather than it being a solo job by the crystal dude.
which was weird because i def got the impression that the crystal dude did his whole thing in coronation without really telling anyone what was going on and that he was going to be punished for his actions but hey no, he's hanging out here

idk, it didnt feel like they built that up in a way that made sense to me

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they were all in on it. The other two moved quickly to implicate just Rhombulus so that the audience wouldn't suspect the entire MHC of being traitors. But all three of them want Eclipsa and Globgor gone, for reasons, and are even willing to let a lunatic go unchecked to do it.

tumblr_inline_pr1mb6hNst1rxk80h_540.png

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god Tom was the one to initiate the breakup
Agreed. I'm glad the show is showcasing Star being a pretty bad girlfriend to Tom, and Tom has grown so much emotionally that he can break up with Star.

This season is giving so much Tom love and I just want to see him happy.

Also the entire high commission being in on it makes sense. But then again it's hard to see Hikaboo as a villain since the show spent more time on her showcasing her fun good side. So I wonder if she will be the first to change sides and explain her point of view on things.

There is something going on in the background and I wonder who the true villain might be.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Caught up to Ep. 16 and so far I really like this season. Some good humor and neat character moments.

Oct 25, 2017
Man i was like why is no one responding to the episodes then i realized there was a new thread i wasn't watching :facepalm:

Really digging all of these episodes so far and seeing these characters still growing as it comes to a close.

That Jackie appearance was top notch (along with the episode itself) along with showing she has moved on and happy.

Also props to seeing characters like Tom and Eclipsa just become better and its thanks to Star and ultimately Marco since he started the entire thing.

Looking forward to see how this ends

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the show is ending with the conflict between Mewmans and Monsters; it was easily some of the strongest parts of the first few seasons.

It's at least one animated show that seems to be ending with some sort of focus/planning.

*cough* Voltron: Legendary Defender *cough*

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm glad the show is ending with the conflict between Mewmans and Monsters; it was easily some of the strongest parts of the first few seasons.

It's at least one animated show that seems to be ending with some sort of focus/planning.

*cough* Voltron: Legendary Defender *cough*

Hey now. Gravity Falls had a perfect ending

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Hey now. Gravity Falls had a perfect ending

It was pretty great. I think some parts like getting to know Ford were a bit rushed, but it was very satisfying.

Steven Universe's season 5 finale could have been a series finale and I don't think many people would have complained. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be a while before we see if there are any interesting status quo changes going forward.

OP
OP
Psxphile

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we're getting that flashback...

So that's two A Game of Thrones alumni, playing mother and daughter.