• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This episode is evidence for why ponyhead isn't endearing to me. Also, was that a Japanese or Korean drama?

So meteora is capable of doing the same thing that toffee was doing in the wand? Interesting. Wonder if moon is in the same dimension as Star was in her other form.
Thanks Psxphile for the trailer, next week's episodes look badass!

It was a Korean drama.

And yeah, we know from the extended finale trailer that's linked above that Moon is in the Realm of Magic that Star went to earlier this season. My guess is that Star either isn't going to be able to bring her back home in the finale- whether it be Moon still needs way more time to recover or she's completely out of it and starts dimension-hopping like crazy like Star was doing in the first half of this season, and it'll be a plot point that carries over into Season 4 and used as for why Star remains as Acting Queen of Mewni.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Meteora wielding that same green "corrupted" magic Toffee used suggests to me that maybe the Magic High Commission had a point in keeping magic away from any monster... it seems to end up twisted and extremely dangerous when used by them. Or at least with the type of monster with a bone to pick with the Mewni aristocracy... of which I'm sure there were several.

As for Moon, having her soul zapped out seems to have triggered her Butterfly form to go full 'instinctual survival' and she might be out of Star's reach for now (guess we'll find out for sure in the next episode).

I guess the biggest takeaway from all this is the fear of Eclipsa being "evil in disguise" was misplaced and she's a big ol' goof of a mom searching for her daughter and doesn't seem to harbor much ill will against the kingdom itself.

Oct 25, 2017
so, this series would be so much better without pony head.

No lies detected.

Meteora wielding that same green "corrupted" magic Toffee used suggests to me that maybe the Magic High Commission had a point in keeping magic away from any monster... it seems to end up twisted and extremely dangerous when used by them. Or at least with the type of monster with a bone to pick with the Mewni aristocracy... of which I'm sure there were several.

As for Moon, having her soul zapped out seems to have triggered her Butterfly form to go full 'instinctual survival' and she might be out of Star's reach for now (guess we'll find out for sure in the next episode).

I guess the biggest takeaway from all this is the fear of Eclipsa being "evil in disguise" was misplaced and she's a big ol' goof of a mom searching for her daughter and doesn't seem to harbor much ill will against the kingdom itself.

Yeah, I really doubt Moon is going to get fixed by the end of this season. It'll be a plot point that carries over into Season 4 and Star's decision in the finale next week is probably going to be something along the lines of her deciding to remain as Queen full-time.

Yeah, I'm really happy that this show opted not to make Eclipsa a villain in disguise. She's easily the best character on the show imo.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Well this might be a first: I think you guys should ease up on the Ponyhead episode, it was fun. The K-drama was the best part, of course, but I thought the visuals were good and there were nice gags.

Well that took turns I didn't expect. First Meteora being able to suck up souls and get bigger, and then Moon getting zapped, and then Moon being in a weird half-soul-sucked state. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

As mentioned by others, I'm glad that Eclipsa really is a good person overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Well this might be a first: I think you guys should ease up on the Ponyhead episode, it was fun. The K-drama was the best part, of course, but I thought the visuals were good and there were nice gags.

Well that took turns I didn't expect. First Meteora being able to suck up souls and get bigger, and then Moon getting zapped, and then Moon being in a weird half-soul-sucked state. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

As mentioned by others, I'm glad that Eclipsa really is a good person overall.

I didn't necessarily dislike the episode itself, although it was definitely filler material, it's more a general dislike for Ponyhead herself as a character. But yeah, the K-drama bits were definitely the best part of that episode.

Definitely. I knew something had to happen to Moon in this episode due to the synopsis of the finale, but I kinda doubted that they'd go with outright killing Moon, even though I was struggling to think of an alternative option for what they could do with her. This route definitely fits the bill.

I'm really curious to see what kind of role Eclipsa plays moving forward. I'm pretty sure Star is going to remain as Queen in S4, so maybe Eclipsa will be her new mentor during the season?

Oct 25, 2017
Star Vs. The Forces of Evil Season 4 |OT| Ponyhead Redemption Arc

Star vs The Forces of Evil Season 4 |OT| The Death of Talking Princess Ponyhead
Star vs The Forces of Evil Season 4 |OT| The Janna & Eclipsa Show
Star vs The Forces of Evil Season 4 |OT| GLOBGOOOOR
Star vs The Forces of Evil Season 4 |OT| "Chickenbutt. *snaps fingers*"

Oct 25, 2017
screw toffee I want an episode about Janna's backstory :P

Damn straight. Janna is second only to Eclipsa when it comes to the show's best character position.

I'm actually hoping we see Janna interact more with Tom in Season 4. I think that'd be a fun team-up, considering Janna's interest in the occult and her chill attitude and Tom being Tom.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it, for someone who's in the opening group shot, Janna hasn't shown up in a looooong time. Or at least breaks give that impression.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to catch up on the last 4 episodes tonight. Such a good show to binge.

When does it normally air?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to catch up on the last 4 episodes tonight. Such a good show to binge.

When does it normally air?
it's a western cartoon.... go find a calendar, rip it apart, spread out all the months, and throw a dart into the air and you will have how they decide to air anymore.

that being said as far as I know the end of the season is next weekend :P

Don't mind me too much, I am also a steven universe and milo murphy fan lol. but western cartoon scheduling sucks anymore :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
(Jeez, Ponyhead brings all the posts in this thread)
V2oy7DQ.gif

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Meterora kills ponyhead early in the battle.

Also, if hekapoo is in Marcos army, why isn't the rest of the magic high council?
JK, we know this is Marco's waifu squad she can't be absent that!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Marc-nificent Seven is a pretty good team name, I guess.

I would have also accepted Marco's Rough Riders.

Oct 27, 2017

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So catching up on the first half of the season since I didn't watch it and only recently got cable... Wow, this seems pretty evil for anyone following from the start. 5 episodes into the season and the main threat hasn't been addressed. I'm guessing this is the single longest running continuous arc in the show so far right? Looking forward to tonight, after tomorrow I think I'll be all caught up.

Oct 25, 2017

Ooh, that's a great piece of art. Definitely foreboding.

I still think Star's going to come out of this in charge of Mewni. If she abdicates the throne to Meteora here in the finale, my money is on S4 essentially opening up with a Battle for Mewni 2.0 that culminates in Star ascending to the throne.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Late night reminder that the Season 3 finale Divide & Conquer airs Saturday morning (that's tomorrow/today depending on your timezone!) @ 11AM!

And also that the new episodes have been on VOD for the last 2 hours...

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I loved that these episodes had a very nice amount of action. Also, FINALLY they address Marco's 16 years of fighting Hekapoo.

Whoever guessed that Moon would still be missing by end and Star would stay as Queen into the next season was right. Should be exciting to see Star have to finally make some tough decisions and maybe make some sacrifices.

Oct 25, 2017
Keith David is way cooler than Jeffrey Tambor even disregarding Tambor's recent awfulness. Hell of a voice change, though.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I want to see the episodes badly.

Why are they subjecting us to watch Brave, the Pixar film worse than even The Good Dinosaur, but not as bad as Cars 2?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
That was good! So I guess...
Eclipsa is acting queen and will be looking for a way to free Globgor, Moon is missing, Star is just a normal girl, and the castle is in shambles.

Wait, or is Star still the queen, just without the wand? Wonder if she still has her butterfly form after that final burst attack on Meteora?
That's pretty shocking. At least they still have corn!

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Star sacrificed her Butterfly form for that last attack, but I don't think she's completely drained of magic potential. Especially now that she's wand-less, dipping down is all she'll be able to do. Then again, I also don't think she'll be wand-less for too long. I figure it'll be back in her hands a few episodes into Season 4 when a new threat establishes itself.