• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
She's @ing the writers of the Battlefront 2 and Squadrons campaigns.

Her and the actor for Del Meeko posted on Twitter late last year about being back in mo cap.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I hope it's just a standalone game, I don't really need it to be Battlefront 3. Would rather them focus on just showing that story and make it good. BF2 was lacking a bit

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I love me some Iden Versio. By the time of Mandalorian she'd already defected to the New Republic. I'd totally be down for facing down and out stormtroopers.
mandalorian-stormtroopers.jpg

Rimpim

Banned
Feb 7, 2021
Battlefront III please :)

This time with the vehicles on the map, not that spawning stuff. Otherwise we are golden.

Edit. Also playable Din Djarin

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
This corroborates the voice actor and mo-cap sessions in LA that have been happening

Summary
Janina Gavankar (Iden Versio), Anthony Skordi (Admiral Garrick Versio) and T.J Ramini (Del Meeko) were all in Los Angeles in November 2020 - at least from the 9th to the 22nd of November. All cast members posted photos of themselves either in a voice recording booth or holding a motion-capture suit. Ramini and Skordi confirmed in December 2020 that they were recently working together on a yet-to-be-announced project. The only likely project that they could all be working on together is something to do with Inferno Squad, such as a Battlefront game.

Longer form and details:

Some Twitter accounts of the cast of the Battlefront 2 campaign were making mention of doing some motion-capture work - these tweets are all dated and mainly from November/December 2020. The three actors that have been working together seem to be: Janina Gavankar (Iden Versio); Anthony Skordi (Admiral Versio); T.J Ramini (Del Meeko.) Full summary at bottom of post.

Janina:

• Janina's first mention of mocap work comes from this tweet on the 19th of November 2020. It shows a photo of a motion-capture suit labeled with her initials and a shushing emoji as the caption.
  • Her next mention comes on the 21st of November 2020 (or 20th depending on your timezone.) Here's the tweet. It's again a photo of a motion-capture suit, this time with the caption:
    Diff day, diff suit. This is one of the coolest weeks of my life.
  • There's also a photo from the 17th of November 2020 in what looks to be a motion-capture studio. The critical thing here is that the location is tagged as Los Angeles. This will be relevant later.
By itself, these tweets are actually pretty normal and the type of thing that any actor would tweet when they're working on a new project that they can't talk about. But then in the same timespan we have these next tweets:

Anthony:

T.J Ramini:

Anthony and T.J:

Ryan. feel free to add this to the OP

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Played the BF2 campaign last week and it was... strange. Very much a series of arenas built to introduce the player to the characters and mechanics of the base game. With a narrative stitched through it.

I did like her character, I just think she turned on the Empire too easily and too suddenly to be remotely plausible. The whole thing just felt like fan service, rather than something interesting and worthy of merit.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I know having the characters looking like the actors that play them is common practice nowadays, but for Star Wars especially I think it paves the way for the characters to appear in live action stuff and not be jarring.

This is obviously just mocap stuff for now. But I wouldn't be surprised if characters like Iden or Cal show up in one of the live action shows at some point.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I would like that. I just played the campaign and I thought it was good, and she was great.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think she should be IN Mando S3, too. I hope they'll use her anywhere Cara Dune would've been used, if possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see more from them. BFII was great seeing actors of Indian, Greek, and Jordanian descent getting the spotlights, and of course more Lando. Yeah, they should be given more to do gameplay-wise than "here's how you order an orbital strike", but the campaign was still fun overall. Shout out to Shriv.