• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I did a similar thing in FFXV. I ran in a circle for like 8 hours too max my survival skill. Though that was for a game I enjoyed, not too mention one that is single player.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, TF2 has a prevention against the "elastic" solution though not necessarily the robot one, it forces you to acknowledge drops before you get more. And Valve publicly disclosed introduction of this, so it's weird EA didn't attempt something similar at launch.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the challenges would be faster.

The challenges don't pay out that much.

If you average 1,000-1200 credits an hour idling, that's ten times more efficient than these challenges.

Blame the devs.

Now that I think about it, TF2 has a prevention against the "elastic" solution though not necessarily the robot one, it forces you to acknowledge drops before you get more. And Valve publicly disclosed introduction of this, so it's weird EA didn't attempt something similar at launch.

Valve hired the dude that made the original TF2 idling program and took away most of the rewards that were given out. Smart.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously? They didn't prevent this? It's impossible to do this in say overwatch. You have to actively be engaged once in awhile in combat or you'll get kicked.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm counting this as another slap in the face to EA if you have players going to such extremes to farm for credits because of how little players can earn in matches regardless if they were one of the best or one of the worst. EA apparently has no idea how to distribute credits if people can do this and earn just as much as those who are actually fighting.