• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Them bundling this as a new edition and SKU makes sense; it's just the current game but with everything unlocked.

For the record as someone who has played a lot of this game off and on, I've unlocked everything possible without spending a dime, and I'm sitting on more than enough credits to buy all the skins in the update this week plus whatever is hitting on the 20th (which coincides with this release as well).

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
You know what? I own the base game but I'm buying this anyway! I haven't played enough to unlock much of anything (really it's just lack of time for me), so this plus Star Wars TROS hype makes me want to get it! :D

I really hope we get new heroes eventually though afterwards. Especially since Ahsoka and Padme were teased through voice line leaks I believe.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
this games pretty decent now. My biggest qualms now....are that its just so heavy on the Prequel stuff. None of the cool modes have the original star wars content.
So if u just wanna be Darth Maul, Ewan Mcgregor and company. Ull love it. But if u want the other eras...u gotta play the boring modes

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You know what? I own the base game but I'm buying this anyway! I haven't played enough to unlock much of anything (really it's just lack of time for me), so this plus Star Wars TROS hype makes me want to get it! :D

I really hope we get new heroes eventually though afterwards. Especially since Ahsoka and Padme were teased through voice line leaks I believe.

You don't need to buy it unless you want all the skins and stuff.

The new troopers and planets will be added for free to the base game

Yes.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
You don't need to buy it unless you want all the skins and stuff.

The new troopers and planets will be added for free to the base game
Oh yeah I know. I do want the skins and stuff lol. Plus I like what they've done to the game so I wanna give thanks in a weird way haha!

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please for the love of god, add crossplay for consoles/PC

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
This game is terrific, I love the online co-op mode. It's a great power fantasy mode and the matches last just long enough. You also can level up in the mode for those who are adverse to competitive multiplayer. I'll be buying this for all the unlocks and to support DICE for all the work they've done to this game.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Is the offline splitscreen couch co-op mode as good as the 1st Battlefront's game?

Does it have the Hero battles, bot maps, dogfighting maps, wave battles and all that?

KcebAnier

Oct 29, 2017
Really sucks that they totally failed at putting a decent progression system in this game. I want to want to play it, but there is nothing to accomplish. Just playing online multiplayer with zero progression does nothing for me.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Please for the love of god, add crossplay for consoles/PC

I watch multiple Battlefront 2 PC streamers, and the PC version is absolutely rotten with cheaters. You can find videos and clips of the exact same cheaters from launch still doing it, DICE does absolutely nothing about it, it's a huge complaint. I watch Whaddaweirdo and in a 4 hour stream he'll run into 6-8+ very obvious cheaters in GA. Normally I'm all for crossplay, but not in this case, at least not unless DICE gets their shit together (which seems unlikely, I hear BFV has similar issues and has for a long time).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The game's really fun. Hopefully this draws in even more players.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I watch multiple Battlefront 2 PC streamers, and the PC version is absolutely rotten with cheaters. You can find videos and clips of the exact same cheaters from launch still doing it, DICE does absolutely nothing about it, it's a huge complaint. I watch Whaddaweirdo and in a 4 hour stream he'll run into 6-8+ very obvious cheaters in GA. Normally I'm all for crossplay, but not in this case, at least not unless DICE gets their shit together (which seems unlikely, I hear BFV has similar issues and has for a long time).
At the very least implement a server browser. Game is a wasteland on PC for anyone outside the US.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Any guesses on what the price might be on this? Might be what makes me finally jump into this game. Jedi Fallen is leaving me wanting more SW games.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Can't wait for the new content update. I think the game is sooo good despite me exclusively playing Heroes vs Villains. That's how a game should be supported... and it's all for free for existing players too. I certainly won't complain.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks that they totally failed at putting a decent progression system in this game. I want to want to play it, but there is nothing to accomplish. Just playing online multiplayer with zero progression does nothing for me.

Out of curiosity what do you mean specifically? Every unit can level up to level 1000 (although their soft cap when they stop earning new cards or credits is 30-70 depending on the unit), there's in-game milestones for doing specific types of things, and each class has the weapons and weapon mods to unlock. Most of that is fairly barebones/straightforward though, do you mean something Modern Warfare's blueprint challenges?

So is it true that this game has been immensely improved from the disastrous launch?
How's the playerbase?

The game's been in a pretty good place for a long time now. Long time players definitely have some specific complaints (lack of new weapons, some balance/bug issues, new content has been almost entirely PT focused) but it's been worth it for well over a year now.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Game is really fun. Recommend it to anyone looking to scratch the Star Wars itch.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
If this gives all unlockables in online, what is the incentive to keep playing online? It'd be like an Overwatch release that includes every loot-box reward. I assume the only sense of progression online is the loot boxes, and what unlocks (I've never played this). I hope I'm wrong.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding new vehicles, I really hope we get the new First Order Treadspeeders . If Criterion could nail the handling...

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
If this gives all unlockables in online, what is the incentive to keep playing online? It'd be like an Overwatch release that includes every loot-box reward. I assume the only sense of progression online is the loot boxes, and what unlocks (I've never played this). I hope I'm wrong.

This likely is only giving you all of the *cosmetics*. Each class still has to level to unlock/upgrade all of your abilities/weapons/etc. Also they've been pretty adamant that they were supporting the game in 2020, which makes much more sense now with the news of this release.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This likely is only giving you all of the *cosmetics*. Each class still has to level to unlock/upgrade all of your abilities/weapons/etc. Also they've been pretty adamant that they were supporting the game in 2020, which makes much more sense now with the news of this release.

Yeah, I suppose they will now move Capital Supremacy with the OT and ST

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep adding more cosmetics but they haven't added a single new blaster or gadget since launch. There are 24 blasters locked up as underpowered faction-locked weapons that could be turned into actual weapons.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Celebrating what? being one of the most exploitative games in existence?

The P2W/lootbox stuff was pulled out prior to launch actually, although to be fair if you bought the super fancy edition that got you early access it was in that one for like, 2 days.

Even 2 years later I still thoroughly enjoy these super hot takes. The game deserved all the shit it got at launch, but this ain't it chief.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean you get access to all of the heroes/villains? Or do you still have to grind for the post launch ones?