• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
They removed any credit/unlock requirements for heroes quite a while ago.
Heroes no longer require unlocking in any way. They unlocked them for all players in an update.

It's the skins and uogrades what you unlock now
Wow, I knew they re-worked the monetization. But I still just assumed they handled all non-map/mode post launch content like any other similar "free update" game. That is, you either buy it or grind for it. I'm definitely in when this launches then.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How is the star card system these days? Fundamentally even aside from how they dropped they killed my joy of the pvp at the time of release

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wow, I knew they re-worked the monetization. But I still just assumed they handled all non-map/mode post launch content like any other similar "free update" game. I'm definitely in when this launches then.

Not at all, it's been fantastic.

Since launche they've added tons of free non map stuff. They went ALL IN with Clone Wars units

There's ARC Troopers
latest

Commando Droids (From The Clone Wars animated series)

The much needed Droideka

And even freaking Clone Commandos

Every single one of them has been free, the moment you download the update, you can use them.

Same applies to the Sith Troopers announced here

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It hasn't been that in a long time, but okay.
The P2W/lootbox stuff was pulled out prior to launch actually, although to be fair if you bought the super fancy edition that got you early access it was in that one for like, 2 days.

Even 2 years later I still thoroughly enjoy these super hot takes. The game deserved all the shit it got at launch, but this ain't it chief.
I didn't realize that people from 2017 could post 2 years into the future.

Just because you guys don't care about looking the other way doesn't mean I should follow suit, this game was the epitome of everything's that's wrong in gaming and just because it got heat for it and reverted back doesn't mean jack shit to me, I played both BF1 and 2 when they came out, shocked anyone would defend these games as anything more than what they are, a quick cash grab from EA on the SW license to an almost cynical capacity.
Go on, Celebrate with EA how gamers have a short memory and like being shit upon, this edition is for you.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got this game the other day for the Black Friday sale and it's cool so far but I'm a bit surprised that they have all this Clone Wars-era content and no Ahsoka.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think there's a good source or single list of everything added since launch, but their Community Manager posted this a week or two ago for the 2 year anniversary to give a you a general idea (this is pure additions, not system changes/balances etc).

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just because you guys don't care about looking the other way doesn't mean I should follow suit, this game was the epitome of everything's that's wrong in gaming and just because it got heat for it and reverted back doesn't mean jack shit to me, I played both BF1 and 2 when they came out, shocked anyone would defend these games as anything more than what they are, a quick cash grab from EA on the SW license to an almost cynical capacity.
Go on, Celebrate with EA how gamers have a short memory and like being shit upon, this edition is for you.
2af3d698120a7ae684700845ffdf891238d0eb7afd313e0607f0dd0d7b925ac8.jpg

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I got this game the other day for the Black Friday sale and it's cool so far but I'm a bit surprised that they have all this Clone Wars-era content and no Ahsoka.

There's already some voicelines ready for her interacting with the likes of Grievous.

My guess is that they'll release her to promote Season 7 of TCW...

That or she got cut...lol

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't really know what your point is, because Battlefront 1 didn't suffer from these monetization issues but you're lumping it in with Battlefront 2 anyway.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

I mean....they did a complete 180, re-worked the progression and unlock system completely, and have fully supported the game for over 2 years with lots of meaningful content ALL completely for free with all cosmetics being easily earnable for free and they communicate with the community nonstop (it's actually one of the best community interactions I've seen from a company). I legitimately don't know what more you would want from them here short of a time machine. I guess let's just shut the company down and fire everyone because once you've fucked up there is no redemption forever and ever.

These are my favorite posts

Edit: Oh you also have posts in the Fallen Order thread where you've beaten the game, that makes this even more adorable, I fucking love it.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is honestly so good now. Give it a try if you haven't in a while.

Pro-tip: grind out challenges, progression, and heroes in the co-op mode, then bring your upgraded tools into PVP.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nitpick from me but i wish they stop pumping only Prequel content for a while. ST and OT definitely needs more love, hell just grab the Scarif DLC from BF1 and add it to the game as well.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean....they did a complete 180, re-worked the progression and unlock system completely, and have fully supported the game for over 2 years with lots of meaningful content ALL completely for free with all cosmetics being easily earnable for free and they communicate with the community nonstop (it's actually one of the best community interactions I've seen from a company). I legitimately don't know what more you would want from them here short of a time machine. I guess let's just shut the company down and fire everyone because once you've fucked up there is no redemption forever and ever.

These are my favorite posts
I don't want anything from them, what I would like is for that game to die and they make a proper one next time, not gonna spend my time on their afterthought of a game.

Demonize me all you'd like, this isn't EAs first time pulling this shit and it sure ain't gonna be the last.

I wouldn't care if they weren't so brazenly pushing out a "celebration" edition, they didn't do anything worth celebrating for, they released a worthless predatory gambling game, after that they just patched it up to be a semi proper game and we're to celebrate them?.
No.

If you are one of those folks that enjoy it, have your fun, but don't pretend like you don't understand where I'm coming from. It's ok enjoying their product but why the hell would anyone defend it is beyond me.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like basically the entire game unlocked. Wonder if there is an upgrade path.

I don't want anything from them, what I would like is for that game to die and they make a proper one next time, not gonna spend my time on their afterthought of a game.

Demonize me all you'd like, this isn't EAs first time pulling this shit and it sure ain't gonna be the last.

I wouldn't care if they weren't so brazenly pushing out a "celebration" edition, they didn't do anything worth celebrating for, they released a worthless predatory gambling game, after that they just patched it up to be a semi proper game and we're to celebrate them?.
No.

If you are one of those folks that enjoy it, have your fun, but don't pretend like you don't understand where I'm coming from. It's ok enjoying their product but why the hell would anyone defend it is beyond me.

Maybe when I was younger I could have understood where you were coming from, but nah. Not gonna say no to a good game and great devs just because some corporate hat did something stupid two years ago.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

No.

Soooooo rather than have them fix the game they released (but again lets reiterate for the folks at home the fact that you have repeatedly conveniently ignored THAT THE P2W/LOOTBOXES WERE PATCHED OUT OF THE GAME PRIOR TO IT'S DAY ONE LAUNCH), you would rather people....give them MORE money for *another* game after that....fixing the issues that they already fixed in the current game? What?

Also "Celebration" is a term that's been used by Star Wars (aka Star Wars Celebration) since 1999.

Also you sure are talking a whole lot of shit about EA who you apparently had no problem giving money to for Fallen Order.

I've got about another 45 minutes to kill here, keep it coming

Oct 29, 2017

Oh, quit being an ass.

"I don't care about this game" yet you are posting about it on a VIDEO GAME FORUM. Does that not just come across as sad to you?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No.

only-a-sith-deals-in-absolutes-gif-4.gif

Can only imagine what would happen to games like Final Fantasy 14 if everyone thought this way.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's already some voicelines ready for her interacting with the likes of Grievous.

My guess is that they'll release her to promote Season 7 of TCW...

That or she got cut...lol

Man it really sucks that the lead on the game now is a The Clone Wars fanboy. They've completely neglected the OT, ST, and basic functionality of the game (like more blasters and private games) adding 100 different clone trooper skins and seem like they are only making more ST content now out of contractual obligations.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooo rather than have them fix the game they released (but again lets reiterate for the folks at home the fact that you have repeatedly conveniently ignored THAT THE P2W/LOOTBOXES WERE PATCHED OUT OF THE GAME PRIOR TO IT'S DAY ONE LAUNCH), you would rather people....give them MORE money for *another* game after that....fixing the issues that they already fixed in the current game? What?

Also "Celebration" is a term that's been used by Star Wars (aka Star Wars Celebration) since 1999.

Also you sure are talking a whole lot of shit about EA who you apparently had no problem giving money to for Fallen Order.

I've got about another 45 minutes to kill here, keep it coming
Patched out and left a gaping hole to expose what a ludicrous implementation it was, stop being apologetic for a corporation.

And yes, I played Fallen order, should I explain why or can you deduct for yourself why did I feel it was a game worth my time?.

I'm not against EA as a whole, they're too big for me to ignore that sometimes they can deliver, but this game lost its chance at redemption the moment it came out and I'm not even taking to account how EA handled it publicly, if you enjoy licking their spit off your face be my guest, maybe don't be surprised when I'm obviously not partaking in this "celebration"

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man it really sucks that the lead on the game now is a The Clone Wars fanboy. They've completely neglected the OT, ST, and basic functionality of the game (like more blasters and private games) adding 100 different clone trooper skins and seem like they are only making more ST content now out of contractual obligations.
Man it really sucks the last game was ONLY OT content, and the most people wanted more PREQUEL era content then anything else.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Patched out and left a gaping hole to expose what a ludicrous implementation it was, stop being apologetic for a corporation.

And yes, I played Fallen order, should I explain why or can you deduct for yourself why did I feel it was a game worth my time?.

I'm not against EA as a whole, they're too big for me to ignore that sometimes they can deliver, but this game lost its chance at redemption the moment it came out and I'm not even taking to account how EA handled it publicly, if you enjoy licking their spit off your face be my guest, maybe don't be surprised when I'm obviously not partaking in this "celebration"

Ah! So we finally got you to acknowledge that the game didn't actually release pay to win, small progress

You also seem to have a thing for bodily fluids based on your posts

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it really sucks the last game was ONLY OT content, and the most people wanted more PREQUEL era content then anything else.
2015 had 22 blasters usable by anyone. 2017 has 16 blasters split between 4 classes with one blaster each being the underpowered and unmoddable default blaster.

You'd think with more eras they'd have more weapons.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Really sucks that they totally failed at putting a decent progression system in this game. I want to want to play it, but there is nothing to accomplish. Just playing online multiplayer with zero progression does nothing for me.

reading this just makes me want to cry. I think progression in MP games is the worst. :/

I would jump back into it, but I really don't care about prequel content. I keep waiting for instant action OT or ST. :/

KcebAnier

Oct 29, 2017
Out of curiosity what do you mean specifically? Every unit can level up to level 1000 (although their soft cap when they stop earning new cards or credits is 30-70 depending on the unit), there's in-game milestones for doing specific types of things, and each class has the weapons and weapon mods to unlock. Most of that is fairly barebones/straightforward though, do you mean something Modern Warfare's blueprint challenges?

I dont play Modern Warfare or any other FPS for that matter. Just Battlefront. Exactly what you called out is what I'm referring to though. Once you have your star cards unlocked, which was somehow more fun when they were in loot boxes, there is nothing to accomplish in the game beyond, kill x guys with gun or earn one billion points on every class. Those are not fun accomplishments. Yes, I am aware that there are other game modes, but the goals are the same and the rewards are nothing. This game has no carrot at the end of the stick.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I wish this game played like the 2015 one (which I still play). The content they've been putting out is amazing, but I still think the game plays/feels like dogshit compared to the 2015 game. Not sure how they fucked that up.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I didn't buy the game. But you go right ahead stressing yourself into an early grave over something everyone unanimously agreed was shitty two years ago. You do you!