• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
large.img-1.jpg

At EA Play today as part of E3 2018, DICE announced Star Wars Clone Wars content for Star Wars Battlefront II

A new location was announced:
  • Geonosis

swbf2-geonosis-uhd-still.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Along with 4 new playable characters:

ea-featured-tile-swbf2-ppf-post-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

New Characters:

• General Greivous
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Count Dooku
  • Anakin Skywalker

Other announcements included:
  • A New Starfighter mode that focuses on piloting Hero ships (Coming in July)
  • New game mode focused on capturing command posts and destroying captial ships
  • New Squad changes
  • A new "non-linear, larger-scale mode where players battle for control of objectives around the map"
  • Unannounced continuous rework of progression system
Will this bring you back to the game?

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
YESSSSSSSSS

All I wanted was Anakin. Clone Wars era content is a bonus. Can't wait.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also announced:
  • New Squad system
  • Known planet so far is Geonosis and will be the biggest map so far
  • New Gamemode involving "capturing command posts and destroying capital ships"
  • New Starfighter mode involving dog fights with just hero ships

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EA seems like they abandoned this game. They didn't even show any footage of this content.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Squad mode.
Conquest like mode - with capital ship destruction
Heros only starfighter mode

Were announced too.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
4 characters and a map that should have been in at launch, but better late than never.

Wish we had more focus on the animated stuff. Would've rather seen Ahsoka over Anakin tbh

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
GENERAL KENOBI

This is what will get me back into the game. Couldn't care less about the Solo content. Clone Wars though? Hell yeah.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka and Ventress are both from the cartoons, why would they pick them over the way more iconic movie heroes?
because Ahsoka has grown to be one of the most popular female characters in the series and there should be more female representation. having 2 of the more popular characters from the cartoons help with that

Nov 2, 2017
I hope Obi-Wan and Anakin get alt costumes that are based on their Clone Wars looks. Would be cool to see those represented realistically.

Clone Wars content might get me to finally bite on this game hmm

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EA seems like they abandoned this game. They didn't even show any footage of this content.
If the leaked rumor is correct( and so far it is) Yes, the game is being run by a small crew on DICE. Motive and Criterion are already on other projects and the majority of DICE is focused on BF5

osodemolay

Oct 28, 2017
I thought we would only get Obi-Wan and Grievous, so having Anakin and Dooku is a welcome addition.

Last edited:

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can I play starfighter mode offline with just bots yet?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Easily the best news from this whole shitshow of a conference. Looking forward to it. Dooku and Anakin are a nice surprise, we already knew about Grievous and Obi-Wa which are both very awesome, too.

But why couldn't they show any gameplay at all, lol.