• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'd imagine the conversation here has been about the multiplayer for a long time now but I just finished Resurrection after dropping the game due to being bummed out about the quality of the game, in particular the main campaign. So Resurrection is... OK, just like the main campaign really. Gameplay is great as are the visuals and sound design and at least the story for what little merit it had is finished. Iden Versio turned into such a bland and predictable protagonist that the ending did nothing for me, heck I didn't really care about any of the new characters all-in-all, squandered potential really considering it started off well in this regard. I'd ultimately only really recommend the single player experience to the most die-hard Star Wars fan who can find fun in most Star Wars experiences, and even then they might end up the most disappointed in this as I have been. I'd rate it about 5/6 out of 10, which is a shame. At least that extra campaign was free I guess...

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
This. I kinda feel like SA has gotten short shrift due to the rest of the package its attached to. Its so good. I would gladly pay a full priced game with more fleshed out gameplay of nothing but SA.

Hopefully we get a few more maps and modes in the DLC, but I bet we end up getting a full flight game in the next year or so from the reception this has gotten. Give me a Star Wars styled Ace Combat game and I will die a happy man.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I was just watching some MP gameplay and the game is really good conparing to 1. I really wanna get it but I don't know with all this EA rubbish

Oct 29, 2017
I was just watching some MP gameplay and the game is really good conparing to 1. I really wanna get it but I don't know with all this EA rubbish

For the most part, its still a lot of fun. I am getting burned out just because Ive been almost playing this game exclusively since launch and there hasnt been that many updates or improvements.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
For the most part, its still a lot of fun. I am getting burned out just because Ive been almost playing this game exclusively since launch and there hasnt been that many updates or improvements.
Talk to me about progression. Will I need a lot of time to unlock heroes and stuff or they fixed all that?

Oct 29, 2017
Talk to me about progression. Will I need a lot of time to unlock heroes and stuff or they fixed all that?

The game will throw credits at you at the beginning. If you use those towards characters, you can unlock all of them pretty quickly. Most of them are about 10k credits and you will earn usually around 275-450 credits per match depending on the length and how well you do. There are challenges that give you more credits as you complete them. Also most of the daily challenges are really easy (for example, play 3 rounds of blast) and give you 1k credits.

I still have a few characters I havent unlocked but thats just because I prefer to spend my credits on crates for the most part. I dont play as the Heroes much.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

I had no issue at all with the time and credits involved to unlock all the heroes, and like the poster above says i rarely even use them.

What annoys the shit out of me though is how incredibly SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW it is to actually gain levels. I feel like it takes an eternity compared to the first Battlefront and i hope they fix it. Match point earning seems broken or at least very inconsistent right now. One match ill do well and get barely any exp, and one later ill do not as well and get a bunch.

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the campaign today for the first time and I had a good enough time. Nothing shocking or surprising but enjoyable and for me that's enough really.

Tomorrow I'll start the story dlc. One thing though, for some reason throughout the whole campaign I was not connected to EA. After each mission it said to check out the rewards page after I was done with the story. So I did that and for some reason it says I have 0 milestones while I actually have milestones for all the missions. What's more is, I can't claim my rewards at all.

Is this thanks to the shitty EA servers disconnecting me in the middle of the story?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think DICE just confirmed they're working on a Conquest type gamemode

Edit: well, he edited the post today they hear the community request for a more open game mode and are looking into it.

And they agree they overnerfed Supercharged Sentry

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
phtpdQR.png

tenor.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. They apparently altered the deal.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Battlefront license should never have been given to DICE as soon as they said they had no interest in adding Conquest. Talk about a total perversion of what the series was about and the entire reason for wanting to give it to DICE in the first place.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, monthly patches is quite a downgrade from the initially promised every 2 weeks.

This next balance patch needs to hit it out of the park.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
in starfighter assault, is there an option to change the way the screen stays darkened for like 5 seconds after zooming in and back out? it's really distracting waiting for the brightness to pop back in.

Xzan

Nov 20, 2017
Australia
in starfighter assault, is there an option to change the way the screen stays darkened for like 5 seconds after zooming in and back out? it's really distracting waiting for the brightness to pop back in.

Doesn't happen for me. PS4 Pro in HDR mode.

Only thing I've noticed is that bombers have a much stronger zoom than fighters/interceptors.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm confused. Does this mean we ARE getting cinquest or is the changed deal that this is incorrect?

He originally said yes but the changed his answer that they were working on other big modes.

Personally I think conquest is coming but after he confirmed it realised he probably shouldn't and changed his answer.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The maps are awful for conquest, I don't see this turning out good at all, they are all clearly designed for the GA mode linear play and chokepoint fiestas

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't happen for me. PS4 Pro in HDR mode.

Only thing I've noticed is that bombers have a much stronger zoom than fighters/interceptors.

do you have "filmic effects" set to ON? the description says it turns on chromatic aberration and a vignette effect. when i turn this on, the darkening/vignetting effect i was describing is always on, which means you wouldn't notice it coming and going. for some reason, when i have it turned off, the vignetting effect still happens, but only when i zoom in (and then for a few seconds after zooming out.)

here's what it looks like for me when it's off. at 3:11, you can see the vignetting when he zooms in. then at about 3:17, you can see it finally turn off and the full brightness kicks back in. it's way more noticeable in real life.

can others please tell me what you have "filmic effect" set to (it is turned on by default), and when it's on, whether or not you experience the brightness/vignette change while zooming? i really don't want to leave chromatic aberration on, but having the vignetting turn on and off constantly is so annoying that i usually just end up avoiding zoom altogether

Xzan

Nov 20, 2017
Australia
I have all settings on.

I change the motion blur strength depending on my mood but that has no effect

Do you mean the darkening around the edges of the screen? That's a common effect when zooming I would think.

I can check the difference filmic makes a bit later tonight.

Xzan

Nov 20, 2017
Australia
Ok, I see what you mean. When filmic is off there's no transition between the zoomed effect and returning to normal.

Retaining the vignette during zoom is probably intentional so that there's no advantage (however small), so it looks like you're at the mercy of the transition effect.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I see what you mean. When filmic is off there's no transition between the zoomed effect and returning to normal.

Retaining the vignette during zoom is probably intentional so that there's no advantage (however small), so it looks like you're at the mercy of the transition effect.

Thanks for checking!

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had the clone-hero glitch? Just had it again, this time everyone on my team was Han Solo in HvV haha

I'm just lucky I've never had this happen with the opposing team all using Sheev... yet.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
All those things posted from that AMA sound wonderful. It's also encouraging to hear that the post launch team for BF2 is larger than the first game. I also really like the adding BF(2015) maps to the game. Music to my ears really.

I haven't played in awhile but once the next content update happens I'll hop back in for sure.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Damn, totally missed all the dev answers.
Hyped for BF 2015 maps, hope they include Jabba's palace and Administrators palace for the smaller modes.
Also nice to see that they've got a bigger team for post launch content than the previous game.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get a link to the answers? Would like to see them.

Also I hope Sullust makes a comeback

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017