• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
THANK FUCKING JESUS

NEVER TALK TO ME OR MY SON AGAIN TALLIE/DARTH MAUL

rnQs0By.jpg

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
It's INCREDIBLE how broken the Emperor is. Played GA for a few hours tonight, literally without exaggeration every single game an all-Epic Emperor single-handedly carried the other team to victory. E V E R Y S I N G L E M A T C H. Outside of literal broken games/glitches this is officially the most broken thing I've seen in a multiplayer game in my 30+ years of gaming. I just cannot believe this wasn't hotfixed top priority all hands on deck at DICE fixed weeks ago. It's fucking wild.

Also whatever rebalancing thing they did in the last patch does NOT account for Squads confirmed. I'm going like 40-4 with 14k points in first place on the losing team with 2nd place on my team going like 15-10 with 7k points, opposing team has 5+ dudes all with 20k+ points and ridiculous elimination counts. I stayed in one lobby for like an hour where the top 6 (7?) dudes were all incredible fucking monsters with 50+ eliminations each whereas I'm on the other team with a score literally 3-4x the 2nd place person on my team. I actually finally messaged the top player to see if they were all partied up because I had to fucking know and he said yes. So thanks DICE, it's real cool of you to place me against players of equal skill level but not account for squads so it's basically 1v6 because it always parties me with complete idiots, apparently in the sake of trying to balance? Except for one, maybe two matches I was first place on my team EVERY game, and I was on the losing team EVERY game, across about 3, maybe 4 hours of play. That is legitimately fucked up.

This next patch needs to hit ASAP, definitely done with GA after tonight until a Senate fix at the very, very least. (I bet there's no way they nerf him appropriately and/or they can't fix him doing lightning through walls) And after the ~50 hours it took me to grind out SA for those Milestones (I got through the first 44 episodes of My Brother My Brother and Me after I'd already started on them) I have zero interest in playing more of that anytime soon lol.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Palpatine is the anomaly. GA with a somewhat skilled Palp is the worst shit ever. I would permaban this character from the game. It's really unacceptable.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The patch being in their QA has me hoping it out this coming week for sure yeah.

I think I'm just gonna play BF2015 this weekend instead lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Not a fix but regular TDM is still a good time, no palp or anything. Good in burst play.

This game needs new weapons tho in the worst way, I need some different blasters to mess with.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

Other than the item/hero pickups (which are still absolute trash) quite honestly BF2015 feels and plays better overall than BF2. I played for a while this morning and was able to instantly pick it up again no problem. Some observations from going back to it:

-God I miss emoting being a thing so, so much
-Why do Luke's to this day STILL try to challenge AT-ST's????
-Most of the maps are great, really hope to see most of them get ported over
-Guns overall feel much better and the blaster bolts look significantly better (we'll see what this patch in BF2 does)

BF2015 still has significant issues even outside of hero pickups (I was one-shot Bo Rifle'd by someone named "Waiting4BF2" 5 times in one match LOL) but it's a much tighter experience that in a lot of ways "feels" much better. We realllllly need new guns in BF2, there's only like 2 or 3 that I like okay, and none that I love or super enjoy using. There's like 5 guns in BF2015 I love using.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think this could be a patch to make the game worth playing.

Fingers crossed.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Blast is still a mess with the special units, Wookies are dramatically stronger than the special units on the other side. I've only seen the absolute shittiest Rebel/Resistance teams lose.

Speaking of losing, after speaking with some friends today who seem to consistently experience the same thing I've been bitching about for weeks now (getting fucked but team rebalancing, aka it doesn't exist) I decided to spend a couple hours and do some testing. Per the patch notes here for 1/24/18 they implemented the following team rebalancing:
Matchmaking - Adjustments have been made to matchmaking. Before you would stay on the same server and you faced the same team over and over again. Now, the matchmaker will try to optimize teams between rounds.

I have found this....not to be the case, but had attributed it largely to being faced against squads of people and the game just not accounting for that, which is fucked but okay sure. But I decided to stay in the same lobby for an extended period of time to see what happened. I never saw a single person get moved. I even kept track to make sure I wasn't crazy and this was me just being a shitty player and complaining! The "place" is what place I got on my team with the thinking that if I either did really well or really bad it would have to shuffle accordingly, and then I just eyeballed the top 4-5 players on each team at the end of the round to see what happened on map change:

• Hoth - Won - 1st place (worth noting this was probably the hardest team carry victory I have ever pulled off in a game in my life, I am uploading this shit)
  • Hoth - Lost - 1st place, I don't notice any top player changes to Takodana
  • Takodana - Lost - 3rd place
  • Takodana - Lost - 3rd place, I don't notice any top player changes to Crait
  • Crait - Lost - 2nd place
  • Crait - Won - 2nd place (by 30 points ;_;), I don't notice any top player changes to Kashyyyk
  • Kashyyyk - Lost - 4th place
  • Kashyyyk - Lost - 2nd place, I don't notice any top player changes to Death Star 2
So at this point I'm like there's no way this is still happening; all of these games it's been mostly the same top 5ish players on the other team (with a few folks coming and going so it doesn't appear to be a Squad), and me and one other decent guy on our team, no changes I've seen whatsoever. So I intentionally start tanking to see what happens.

• Death Star 2 - Lost - 7th place
  • Death Star 2 - Lost - 6th place. I make a list of the top 10 players on each side, NO ONE GETS MOVED
  • Jakku - Lost - 5th place
  • Jakku - Lost - 1st place, I make a list of the top 10 players on each aside, and again NO ONE GETS MOVED
So as far as I can tell the rebalancing they supposedly introduced either literally doesn't work, or is so broken and inconsistent it might as well not be there. They've already said the next patch will also have balancing stuff, but I'm super pissed off because I've spent the last few weeks "waiting out" shitty lobbies to see if teams would rebalance on map change and not paying super close attention to more than one or two names and probably didn't realize it was never working. The team rebalancing did actually work to an extent in BF2015 (it was pretty heavy handed about it usually) so I figured this was just something like that. So I've been raging and getting mad when I could have instead just been bailing immediately and getting a new lobby.

Why do you do this to me DICE.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Feels like wookies die quicker than before. I've downed them a lot easier lately.

But even still in Blast it doesn't matter much, I can still come in first or second with any of the other classes

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
They are a bit easier to kill, but their damage output is still ridiculous. Anyone who knows what they're doing will still mop up. And if there's two or three wookies on a team and they know how to play? Well, I hope you're not on the bad guy's team.

Well honestly for me if I run into a match like that soon as it's done I just bail out and get new players, match to match its really not bad but that's just me

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Its awesome to see the players that use the emperor get 100 kills and then run away like cowards when its their turn to play rebels or clones. Im sure they will hace their "fun" on another server.

DomLando

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone have issues getting all their pre-order items? I received the Epic Lightsaber mastery card but I never got any of the Last Jedi content. EAs support has been awful with trying to get this resolved for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Biggest things I wish right now currently outside of the obvious would be the ability to select what our characters look like per class and not based on the map. Like how in 15 we had more control of how our characters look in the map.

And more guns I just need more guns so badly to play with. That is a huge deterrent right now, but it's good they're finally kicking into gear.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Was having such a good time using the Officer's Disruptor in Blast.

I kept getting right into close combat with Death Troopers last night, using the disruptor to save my bacon and win a gunfight I had no right to survive.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really need a good reason to stop using EL16HFE.

It's damned effective, but I'm so sick of seeing it on my screen. I want to use the other assault rifles, although they are clearly inferior in terms of firepower.