• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
What cards do you use for Vader? I use the health boost, damage reduction boost, and the health on kill.

Same exact ones, but I just started using him since the latest patch so only the health boost is purple right now. Decided to upgrade Rey instead, as the Light side heroes need the boost much more, Vader is already a tank as is.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I delivered two cargoes so we were winning 2 - 0 and of course we lost 2 - 3. :(

Gotta get them daily challenge credits.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1000 credits for PICKING UP the cargo once today? Lol just give everybody 1000 and be done for today ...lol easy

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whew laddie just won a 30-minute GA match as the Empire. Great session all-round -- more than half the people in the entire match reached 20-25,000+ points by the end and there was a lot of tug of war for the interior objectives.

I kinda wish these genuinely close matches happened more often, although I guess I wouldn't be appreciative as much.

FracturedGoat

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Can any xbox players advise if people are still AFK'ing HvV? I haven't played since November and would like to know before jumping back in.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Wow, look at the time. It's March already!

giphy.gif

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting any progression news for at least a week or two. Also keep in mind they said they're going to be talking about progression changes in March, not necessarily that we'll get them this month. I'm expecting worse case scenario of we get news of what the changes are going to be this month but they're not implemented until April, to coincide with Season 2 which will be Solo and not Clone Wars. They toss out the challenges for the Hoth skins this month as the only bone that they have. PROVE ME WRONG DICE

As much as I want/need new content, I'd take better balancing right now. Top issue for me in terms of new content honestly is guns; I've mentioned it before but BF2015 had like 5+ guns that I loved using, there's nothing I really love here. I've been playing more Officer than anything lately just because I the SC-44 is the gun I maybe like the most, even though I prefer the Assault class. Maybe I need to give the A280 another look or something.

MigrantOwl

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I think that's just referring to Han/Leia skins not being up yet, people on reddit already have videos up of Hoth Luke in action.

Nope, it's 3 weeks per skin. So that's 9 weeks for Luke, Han and Leia. The videos you are seeing are PC players that got it immediately due to a bug or something. 9 weeks for three skins!

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Be prepared for every single content drop to be trickle-fed and dragged out over weeks / months like this lol

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be prepared for every single content drop to be trickle-fed and dragged out over weeks / months like this lol

What a shame :(

I checked in quickly after the patch but have been going to Monster Hunter for my fix lately and haven't touched it since. I mean there has to be a Solo season, and that's out in like 10 or so weeks? I wonder if we'll get the rumoured Clone Wars season between then? Have DICE said anything in the meantime to give us any hope?

Oct 27, 2017
My game time is limited during the week and seeing as they have yet to really do much with the progression system, as much fun as i have most games, im more likely to play something else when i feel it takes 5 years to gain levels after matches. I really hope this is addressed soon.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah this sucks. I bounced off the game already and I'll come back to it. But if DICE thinks this is the way to retain players, I don't know what to tell em.

I thought I read somewhere that their live team was larger than the one from the first game. Doesn't really seem like it.

Also this is a symptom of doing your DLC for free rather than a season pass. With just about every game, there's been less content post launch with this type of model. You don't split the user base, but the user base may not even hang around for the content you drop.

Not all games are as bad though. Fortnite is really putting everyone to shame with how to do post launch content. Though it's really apples and oranges. They're completely different games with different design philosophies. But it would be nice if DICE took notice and stepped up their game releasing content.

Oct 25, 2017
Have DICE said anything in the meantime to give us any hope?
Literally all DICE's PR people do is give false hope.
"definitely want to get it in, WE ARE BIG FANS!"
"We have big plans! im just not allowed to go into detail atm"
"sorry we haven't been updating the community we were too busy with our BIG PLANS, but now we are back on track again"..... *silence resumes the following day*

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I understand this is just part 1 of the challenges for the Luke skin, but this "cosmetic" crate just gave me 550 credits and nothing else. That can't be right...

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I just did a complete full rotation of all maps on GA for shits and giggles and even though my overall team probably changed like 3 times rebalancing never occurred anywhere in the middle and I won literally every single match except for one, and the one we lost we did significantly better than the other team did when the sides flipped. I mean like every single match was me going like 60-20-4, often with one or two players on my team doing even better than THAT, and while that's super hilarious it's also kind of fucked up. Team rebalancing something something

Cleared about 13k for the time which isn't awful, I may actually hit my ~110k credit goal for taking all of my Hero ships up to 3 Rare cards equipped this weekend. I also started messing around using Recharge Command with the Officer instead of the straight health buff; it's actually pretty useful in that it lets me pop a flash grenade and/or Disruption, then I can immediately reset them and use them again. Managed to hold off like half of a team single handedly on the first phase on Kamino just constantly keeping them around a corner and using both abilities and poking my head out to kill/harass them, it was pretty good.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing a lot more night maps now. If they tune the jetpack game mode and add more maps, that could be a fun mode.

And welp, my kid goes and plays some, then proceeds to spend 60k all at once (all on heroes, though) - never earns enough battle points to use them, though.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Jetpack Cargo would be much more palatable if there was a goddamn timer, and if rockets got a slight buff in radius (like...10% or something). As it stands I'm not hopping back in there after my ~35 minute/40k score/100+ kill match in there.

I'm only 5 Hero ships away from having all of my equipped cards across the board be Rare or Epic. So close I can taste it lol. I want to get it done before progression changes out of principle now; I have no idea that doing this will even be relevant after the changes but I've come too far.

Oct 27, 2017
Had some good matches over the weekend, but damn....the load times really take me out of it. No excuse for them to be so long.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, for the daily challenge you appear to have to get all 5 Infiltration kills either in the same run or same life, not sure which. Just did a complete Blast match with 14 kills, all but two of them being Infilitration kills, and I'm at 1/5 on the challenge? Nooooooooooooooope

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha, for the daily challenge you appear to have to get all 5 Infiltration kills either in the same run or same life, not sure which. Just did a complete Blast match with 14 kills, all but two of them being Infilitration kills, and I'm at 1/5 on the challenge? Nooooooooooooooope

Same thing happened to me with the first challenge to get the 30 officer kills. Several matches i'd kill more than 1, but after the match my counter wouldn't go up at all for the challenge completion, or maybe 1 kill. Something is definitely off with their counters, or how it updates your stats after matches!

MigrantOwl

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just that you have to get the kills. So if any other player even breathes near your target it'll count as an assist instead and not move those counters.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see it in time to do it, but lots of folks on reddit were having the same problem, turns out Hardened Infiltration and one of the other ones (forget which) weren't counting for the Challenge. Figures.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I used Killstreak Inflitration and that works.

All you have to do is get 5 kills with Infiltration in one round (not one life) 5 times. I just played a few games of Blast and did it very quickly.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I haven't played this game in months.
Is it still fun?
Are there still OP characters?
Did they add Grievous?