• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy to play right now with the shitty progression, shitty balancing, shitty heroes, and bugs if they just had Conquest.

Supremacy was my go-to mode in 2015 and while it wasn't as good as actual Conquest it is a hell of a lot better than everything in this game (on the ground).

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would play a lot more if I could queue into specific maps. Such a simple feature that even BF2015 had, but for some reason they didn't add to this game. Same with the stats tracking, its something so basic that its baffling how they didn't add it to the game. I'm fine if you want to hide peoples K/D (so they don't focus too much on it I guess?), but at least show everything else like time played, weapons and ability stats, etc..

I also have to to eat crow for my original dislike of the OT title, it really is perfectly spot on right now. I really thought they would go the BF4 route with this game, and over deliver in order to get back into peoples good graces, but I guess that's not looking likely.

This is all a shame, because the game at its core is actually very good, its just being ruined by lack of attention and communication from the people in charge of it. This game needed DICE-LA to save it, but I guess that team is so good that EA wont let them off the Battlefield train.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda seems premature to write the game off at this point, when we should learn about the big changes to the progression system and other stuff before this month is over.

When that announcement comes and ends up being underwhelming is the reasonable time to lose hope.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not impressed by the next announcement whenever that may be, I'm going to shelve the game and may even go back to the 2015 one if I'm inclined to.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twist: there is no updated progression system. Players are supposed to progress on to better games.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Even if there's huge changes to the game coming, how much does it really matter to the overall audience months after it released?

But I'm just saying, if you've stuck with the game until now, it might be worth it to wait it out a bit more to see what they have planned. I'm assuming we'll get details in the next two weeks.

Oct 29, 2017
Even if there's huge changes to the game coming, how much does it really matter to the overall audience months after it released?

But I'm just saying, if you've stuck with the game until now, it might be worth it to wait it out a bit more to see what they have planned. I'm assuming we'll get details in the next two weeks.

Is there anyway to look up the numbers? I never have issues finding games but it would be interesting to see what the population drop off has been. I still play occasionally but have gotten back into BF1 until things get sorted with this game. With the exception of some annoyances, I still really like this game but the silence from the devs is deafening....even if EA is the one keeping them quiet.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of players they've lost at this point the progression system update isn't even going to matter that much because anyone who has stuck around probably has the characters and cards that they plan on using mostly levelled up already.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally won on as Attackers on Death Star Debris. Last challenge I need for the multiplayer portion is to get 48 more hero kills, but thanks to the LMG bug if I don't use it I won't get enough BP fast enough to get a hero before the people abusing the bug.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Fornite this week and the difference in developer communication between this game and that is hilarious. I mean that's not 100% fair to EA because licensing does present some roadblocks, but still.

This next patch/roadmap better be GOOD.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I started playing Fornite this week and the difference in developer communication between this game and that is hilarious. I mean that's not 100% fair to EA because licensing does present some roadblocks, but still.

I tried that game and man I just don't get the craze. Playing as duo or squad is decent but overall after a few matches I felt that was quite enough.

Now battlefront 15, I couldn't put that shit down. Same with BF1 and other battlefields.

But that's beside the point, good that they are communicating with people

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

Oh dude it's like night and day. There's like at least two patches every week for that game. Lol it's insane.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Rather than Fortnite, I've been watching some Star Wars mods for Arma and I'm just blown away by it all. Watching 50+ odd clones storm a CIS base as one or two guys command all the droids against them is incredible.

BFUpdates seems to be teasing something at least.

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't played this game in like 2 months but I remember them saying about updates in March..... just looking through the latest page looks like there still has been no communication and no updates/new content. What awful post launch support

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please

Just give me the customizable appearances already for the troops

The Rebels/Resistance needs to stop looking like some same-faced rejected Team Fortress concept.

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up in a recent PSN sale and while it's pretty stellar from a technical standpoint, the progression is pure trash. I knew about the complaints beforehand: too random whether you get the things you need, too slow, too unbalanced for the players that do get lucky.

What I didn't realize is how shitty it would be for a new player. The game matches you against people with maxed epic cards in all slots while you sit around with non-ideal grey/green cards, and then the game rubs it in your face every time you die.

When you die you don't get a death recap clip. You don't get a player card with a fun message or some personality. You get to see the rarity of the cards the player who killed you has. The only thing the game is missing at this point is a "buy the ability to be competitive now" shortcut on the death screen that takes you to the PSN store.

After 10 hours of multiplayer and even without the micro transactions enabled this is the most cynical disgusting progression design I've seen in a console game. This makes most F2P mobile games look ethical in comparison. Even at a 70% markdown from the launch price, and with the PSN buy $100 get $15 promo credit, I feel gross for paying anything for this trash.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I love the game, but I've lost all hope for this by now. I can't believe they dropped the ball so hard with this, even PUBG is getting more regular updates, and that's not even a full release yet.

It's going to be a EA access title come summer.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol all this cryptic teasing bullshit on Twitter is so sad. Anything to keep interest alive in this dying game and keep leading on the community

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I don't get a roadmap announcement or anything equivalent within the next week, it's going to be the game I'll uninstall in lieu of God of War next month.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every day we get nothing lowers the chance that they could pull off even half of the turnaround that R6S did.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
EA Japan posted news about the Progression Update.

Google Translate:
Since the release of the product version, the production team has been working on improving the game to enjoy play by all players based on feedback from the players. And today we will announce that " Star Wars ™ Battlefront ™ II Progress System Update" including progress renewal will be delivered on March 21 (date and time in Japan may vary)! Besides the degree of progress system, we also include changes on the visual side, but please wait for future introduction about that.

With this update, progress (character growth) will be unified. All elements related to game play including the star card can be acquired only by game play, and purchase is impossible. In the future, we will gain the experience value according to classes, heroes and star fighters who played on multiplayer. By acquiring a sufficient experience value for a specific unit and raising the level you gain one point of skill points and you can use it to unlock or upgrade your favorite star card corresponding to the unit I will.

Elements already acquired or unlocked are maintained as they are. Starcards, heroes, weapons, and all other elements already acquired are retained as they are. All elements acquired so far can be used after this update regardless of the degree of progress.

The star card is removed from the crate and you can not purchase it. You can earn crate with daily login, achievement of milestone, time challenge. From the crate you can earn credits and visual items (emotes, victory poses etc) from now on, but not items that affect game play.

From April, you will be able to purchase character visuals directly with in-game credits and crystals. A new set of visuals will be added shortly. This will allow you to buy new visuals of your favorite heroes and classes directly with credits (you can earn in the game) or crystals (you can purchase in-game and store on each platform) directly. Everyone who became a resistance fighter at Rodian or longing for various other characters, please expect this addition.

These changes will be a major step in improving the core elements of the game and adding new content. Various updates and additions are scheduled besides this. In the future, we will add more new modes to " Star Wars Battlefront II" as well as continuous balance adjustment , and will provide players with a new and attractive play way. Like the "Jet Pack · Cargo" which was released for a limited time the other day, there is content that brings an entirely different experience from the previous product version, and the production team is pleased to announce a pleasant surprise for everyone on the upcoming update I want to bring it.

" Star Wars Battlefront II" Progress System Update is delivery on March 21st (date and time in Japan may vary). In the next few weeks more content will be released.Please look forward to the development of the game we will await. I appreciate being able to share this wonderful trip with you.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I mean, it's cool they're revamping the progression, but damn I could use some more content. Customization not coming till April and who knows for new guns and maps. SIGH, better than nothing I suppose.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah i dont care for this update.
Ive maxed the shit i want... i need new Content now. New Maps, new modes, new weapons, squad system with squad spawning etc etc

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So they're saying their live team is larger than the first game. For the first Battlefront, we got Jakku in Dec, plus two free maps: Twilight Hoth in the following February and that fiery Endor map in March. Then the first piece of the season pass dropped in April (Outer Rim) which had 4 maps, guns, etc.

For this game in regards to content we got Crait in Dec (which honestly is a fantastic map) and... nada.

I guess that loss in sales is really affecting this game or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, now we're talking!!! Update sounds great to me, and i look forward to digging back in after it launches next week! Hoping some of these tweaks will improve the post match leveling payouts too. It takes an eternity to gain levels compared to the first BF.

Oct 27, 2017
Q.) Will I still use Credits to unlock Heroes and Hero Starfighters?

A.) With our Progression Update, we will be unlocking all currently available heroes and Hero ships for all Players. When new heroes and Hero ships are introduced to the game they will be unlocked with Credits.

Interesting...so it sounds like if you havent already unlocked all the current heroes, just wait until next week and they will be unlocked for you automatically.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that was fast.

They've got me appeased for now with the info and the appearances coming next month. But they really need to give some news of newer content as well.
Interesting...so it sounds like if you havent already unlocked all the current heroes, just wait until next week and they will be unlocked for you automatically.

It wasn't exactly that difficult to obtain them before, to be honest.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So, having these changes in mind, what should we do with our current credits? I'm sitting on 57k, if it's all going to be cosmetics in crates from now on, might as well use them on crates now? Crafting points will be converted to the new skill point system, don't know if they are worth more or if crafting parts should be used now...

Dice dude says not to use crafting parts now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...developer_q_a_new_progression_system/dvsndzk/

Last edited:

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
So, having these changes in mind, what should we do with our current credits? I'm sitting on 57k, if it's all going to be cosmetics in crates from now on, might as well use them on crates now? Crafting points will be converted to the new skill point system, don't know if they are worth more or if crafting points should be used now...
Do you have the cards you want on the units you play? Even if you don't you're probably better off saving your credits and parts.

The Josh

Nov 13, 2017
So, having these changes in mind, what should we do with our current credits? I'm sitting on 57k, if it's all going to be cosmetics in crates from now on, might as well use them on crates now? Crafting points will be converted to the new skill point system, don't know if they are worth more or if crafting points should be used now...

From what I gather from the FAQ, it sounds like you can either spend your credits in the RNG loot crate system to try to max out your star cards in the lottery, or you can save them for the April update, which will allow you to spend the credits on cosmetics.

So, if star cards are important, then spend your credits now. If cosmetics are more important to you, save them.

Also, one developer advises against spending crafting parts until April, because those will transfer over to skill points, which will offer more spending power in the new system.

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
So reading through that FAQ I think my plan is:
- keep credits and crystals until the later patch in April that will allow me to buy cosmetics. I think I am done purchasing crates, I can't remember the last time I got a usable star card in one. I was only purchasing them for parts conversion.
- spend my crafting parts to buy/upgrade any star cards before the 21st update

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: This sounds cool in regards to Arcade mode (now just give us SA and some type of mode for vehicles in Arcade):
All Star Cards and Weapons are going to be unlocked, at the Epic level, in Arcade mode so you can try out the best combinations and help you identify how you want to spend your Skill Points. You'll still be able to progress across Challenges, Milestones, and difficulty tiers in Arcade, and you'll also be able to earn 1500 credits per day.