• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit expensive to me, it should top out at 20K I think. It doesn't help that most of those epic skins aren't exactly new, the Kylo one is just the same as TLJ skin without the cape and most of the others are from the first game.

No clonetrooper skins either, man I like this game but these updates can be a real bummer.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I spent credits on all the Hero skins except Iden and Leia. You get a bit more credits now, so grinding for those skins won't take forever either.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Seems a bit expensive to me, it should top out at 20K I think. It doesn't help that most of those epic skins aren't exactly new, the Kylo one is just the same as TLJ skin without the cape and most of the others are from the first game.

No clonetrooper skins either, man I like this game but these updates can be a real bummer.

Considering many of the skins in BF2015 were 50,000, these seem like a steal. Also, I bet they are saving the Clone skins for the Clone Wars DLC. That would be a smart way to drop them.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Ewok Hunt looks like amazing fun but I hate that these modes are timed, I'm not a fan of GAAS when they add and remove stuff in full priced games.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Considering many of the skins in BF2015 were 50,000, these seem like a steal. Also, I bet they are saving the Clone skins for the Clone Wars DLC. That would be a smart way to drop them.
They were too expensive in the first game as well and besides you had a few different faces unlocked from the get go and didn't have to use credits for heroes skins. Right now everyone has a load of of credits because we haven't had anything to spend them on for awhile but it's going to feel like a massive grind again whenever they release new skins.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
They were too expensive in the first game as well and besides you had a few different faces unlocked from the get go and didn't have to use credits for heroes skins. Right now everyone has a load of of credits because we haven't had anything to spend them on for awhile but it's going to feel like a massive grind again whenever they release new skins.

Well... they are meant to fund the game's future DLC... so... I'm not going to ever complain about their cost as long as we get maps and heroes for free.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe everyone still camps at the top of the stairs as the FO during phase 2 on Starkiller. It's just a death trap & you probably won't get any kills. The right side is usually free & it's the only safe place you can contest.

It's not like this game has a public KDR either, so...

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooooo has anyone seen the stormtroopers win in Ewok Hunt? I like the mode but with the 100 credit bonus for winning feel like I'm actively getting fucked for being the last stormtrooper alive and dying 2 feet from the ramp (which has happened multiple times) since it counts as a loss for you and no one else. Kinda sucks.

Edit: Of COURSE right after I post I see the Stormtroopers win for the first time. I started as the first Ewok and got 12 kills. I can only do so much guys ._. 600 credits for losing is a pretty good time/credit ratio though for a match of this. Even getting only one or two kills and being on the winning Ewok team has been ~450 credits on average which is pretty good.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ewok Hunt
xjl0ccJ.png

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Playing it for longer now the swings seem pretty hard; I think just like 2-3 competent people are going to carry a team.

My main problem is that as a stormtrooper if you're playing "properly" to win it's super fucking boring because everyone's usually holed up in a cave. Then you make it to the extraction phase and either make it or die immediately and then get shit for credits because it's been your entire team versus like 3 ewoks the whole time (if you're competent) so barely anyone has any kills. It's even worse if you lose.

It's a super neat idea but it has balance issues and it's already starting to wear thin with me in terms of it getting boring pretty quick as a stormtrooper.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah the cave is a problem. Lol. I wouldn't think I'd have played much of this mode anyway, but the first few games were admittedly pretty cool.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I just won two in a row as Ewoks only because the troopers came out of the cave early.

It now boring sitting in the cave but it almost guarantees victory.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha neat, there's literally a well-lit tunnel cave for the Stormtroopers to just camp in all game for Ewok Hunt.

Yawn, couldn't even power through a single round. Blow horn, throw Ewok grenade, run into cave, die.

Maybe one day DICE will actually playtest this shit. Guess the game goes back on the shelf til the next update.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha neat, there's literally a well-lit tunnel cave for the Stormtroopers to just camp in all game for Ewok Hunt.

Yawn, couldn't even power through a single round. Blow horn, throw Ewok grenade, run into cave, die.

Maybe one day DICE will actually playtest this shit. Guess the game goes back on the shelf til the next update.

My very first game there was like eight stormtroopers camping in that cave with all the entrances covered.

I did not get very far.

Oct 27, 2017
My kid won tonight as ewoks...as long as stormtroopers are running around they can do it...but it sounds like people have this mode figured out within the first day. Aesthetically it's really cool though.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Ewok mode is fucking genius. It's so good. It's almost like a horror game as a stormtrooper.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Yep I was just about to post that it felt like a horror game. But each game always end up the same. The stormtroopers always bunch up and end up inside the cave holding out until the ship arrive. Me and my friend had a funny moment today while playing this mode. We partied up and and we were doing fine until the ship starting coming and he lagged behind and got turned into an ewok. I managed to get ahead to the ship and right when the ship lands a bunch of ewoks storm me and I managed to get two shots off killing one ewok and escaping into the ship. The ewok that I killed managed to be my friend which I found hilarious haha.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
If they can do something about the cave camping Ewok hunt would be perfect. Maybe fill the cave with poisonous gas, depleting stormtroopers health over time. Or bring back the spiders from the first game and let them attack the stormtroopers if they stay too long.

On a side note: there is a secret entrance on top of the cave, which allows you to sneak up on those imperial cowards.....

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I know I've gotten to the entrance at the top of the cave but it's kinda hard to get there without any sort of map or minimap.
Although the cave has so many entrances that I think ending up in the cave late in the game is a bad thing. I counted like 5 different entrance points. If they could do different variations of Endor like a day one it'd be pretty fun. This feels like the DLC map of Endor for Battlefront 1. I think it was called shadows of Endor or something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
lol Ewok mode is fun....mostly was just a bunch of stromtroopers running around with their flashlights going on and off shooting at nothing doing the "Ah its a trap" emote over and over haha I hope they keep this mode!

As far as customization is concerned.....didnt see anywhere to choose the sex of my character which is baffling to say the least.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Darth Smurf News Flash: Ewok Hunt is addictively fun! I played only that last night, and while the first 2 matches were kinda lackluster—mainly because the 2 starting Ewoks were not good—but after that, what a blast! I captured a video where I was a starting Ewok and came upon 3 Stormtroopers and took all three out as they fired aimlessly into the darkness. I can't wait to edit it down and post it. And there is a real sense of dread when you are a lone Stormtrooper in the middle of nowhere and suddenly catch a glimpse of one of those little Murder Bears creeping up on you.

As for the cave camping, there are like 5 entrances. I usually just find one that isn't guarded, sneak into the cave and come up behind the 10 Troopers guarding one hole and throw a firefly bomb at them. Then watch them scatter and try to pick off one or two that flee the pack. This works even better when you can find an entrance with another Ewok.

And this mode needs a few more maps/species and then have DICE make it permanent. They already have Kashyyyk and Hoth, so make a Wookie and Wampa Hunt. Then when Clone Wars Season 3 drops, add in Geonosian and Gungan Hunts.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I hope DICE does something with the Blackwing virus and makes akin to Ewok Hunt. It's canon and I want to see Stormtroopers vs the OG Deathtroopers.

I still want a Star Wars Horror Game

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Playing Ewok mode while partied up is mos def the way to go. Hearing your friends trying to kill ewoks and working together.
Also I liked that permaflashlight is a pickup along with the grenaded but I wish standard stormtroopers would get buff aside from the flashlight. I know their weapon is scoped but that's about it.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
And this mode needs a few more maps/species and then have DICE make it permanent. They already have Kashyyyk and Hoth, so make a Wookie and Wampa Hunt. Then when Clone Wars Season 3 drops, add in Geonosian and Gungan Hunts.
I really hope they realize how great the mode is and flesh it out by adding more classes and abilities that counter one another. There could also be different objectives other than get to the extraction point. Never expected an asymmetric multiplayer mode in a Star Wars game to have so much potential.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
What's great about it is that it's not night at all. It's early/mid-sunset -- the colors and lighting both exterior and interior are quite lovely.
Yeah I loved the contrast in colors in Kashyyk at night how everything popped even the opening with all the lasers being thrown. I can imagine with the sun still being out but it being dusk would make for a hell of a scene.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The evening version of Theed has been in there since launch but super rare. I played on it like 4-5 times maybe. They must have just increased the frequency.

Edit: or am I thinking of the morning version? Is the new one dark?
No, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of morning.

This one is new, especially when you get into the palace itself.