• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Conquest/Carrier Assault until December or January is really defeating. That mode was my last hope for this game and I expected it in October, November at the latest.

Well Red Dead Redemption II and Ace Combat 7 you'll have my full attention.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
No Conquest/Carrier Assault until December or January is really defeating. That mode was my last hope for this game and I expected it in October, November at the latest.

It is definitely time to move on. I had fun with Battlefront 2. But the 2018 mishandling is gross. EA's meddling really hurt this game.

Oct 25, 2017

Everything with this game post launch is the definition of disappointment. It's been utterly mishandled, and in terms of support, fixes and content, all of it has fell far behind when it 'should' have arrived in order to preserve the player base and community.

EA to me, like a toddler having a toy taken away from them, lost their rag when they felt forced to disable MTXs and left funding for a shell of a team post launch since they couldn't pull in gross amounts of revenue from star cards.

Even before that DICE literally have their other main series to take systems, features and design elements from, just like Pandemic did 10 years ago to form the basis of the game (though 'Battlefield with a Star Wars skin' over simplifies what they did, it's a large part of why people liked those titles) and yet didn't. We shouldn't only now be awaiting squad systems. Plus as you say, at least 2015 had a unique arcade feel to it. This one lacks even that.

Argh, this game and the way EA has handled the Star Wars IP is infuriating, especially because I feel like I just make these same points over and over.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Argh, this game and the way EA has handled the Star Wars IP is infuriating, especially because I feel like I just make these same points over and over.
I can only hope that Respawn's game, Jedi Fallen Order, is the Star Wars game we are all looking for.

I would also take a standalone Starfighter game as well. Honestly, Starfighter Assault was one of the best parts of Battlefront 2 imo

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'll probably pop back in to mess around with the new heroes and the new map for a bit but the game's been uninstalled for close to a month now.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
And they basicly fucked up that litte bit of balance they had by lowering the BP requirements for units...

Already reading a lot of complaints about GA matches ending in the 1st phases because heroes are becoming piss easy to get... way to go to balance BP requirements around a upcoming Squad System... they didnt have to lower the requirements at all hell they should have raised the prices for Units so that Squads have something to work forward to.

Probably not going to touch the game at all anymore.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol looks like they didn't tweak the clone skins at all from what was datamined at launch almost a year ago

And they aren't even accurate to the canon, they are just extremely lazy recolors of existing clone armor without any new geometry.

And they expect people to pay money for these?

Lazy and incompetent.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really care about the skins either way, as Officer is easily the best class 90% of the time. I have every class maxed out and that's my experience.

I'm super pissed that they fucked with Hero dashing. Chaining dashes was basically an advanced movement technique that apparently nobody utilized, because I seem to be the only one who's upset with what they did to it. I'm like 2k away from reaching a million credits and this change makes me want to stop playing now.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Updated roadmap is up on Reddit. Too lazy to post it here. Confirms Grievous only in October.

AT-TE in geonosis at least. And Ben is claiming it will not be on rails.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V has been delayed into November, I wouldn't be suprised if this delays the DLC for BF2.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Joined the two comma club today.

VfUgmrW.jpg

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Pre-set classes were a huge mistake for this game, in my opinion. There was a lot more variety for the previous game's combat.

Classes are great, but they forgot to give variety of options to the classes. The Battlefield games had no issue with classes thankfully to all the different weapons, equipment/grear load out options for characters. Everyone pretty much plays the same build in this game once they have the stuff unlocked.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2XP this weekend. Trying to level up heroes but my god HvV is a gigantic hit or miss. Unbalanced doesn't even cover it.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a Commander Cody Mod Trailer on Youtube. My goodness, it looked so much better and accurate than anything DICE could put out.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I'm still so frustrated they didn't put in a conquest mode or such in this game. I liked the shooting mechanics quite a bit and the vehicles seemed improved as well. They should have just held off a year and released a full game with Episode 9 at this point.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
Speed run the first world, take the shortcut through the lake to the first Ghost House in the second world, take the hidden exit to star road, speed through star road until you get to the star that drops you off at Bowser's Castle, speed through his level.

still no new blasters. LOL

apparently this is coming? I think.

I think they said that and a carrier assault type mode was coming...

I think it is coming, but I worry it will be very half baked and bare bones as this one hit with a thud after all the micro-transaction stuff and the players fell off from a lack of content.

I REALLY do hope to be wrong though. All I ever really wanted for this was was to basically be Bad Company 2 with a Star Wars skin.

PS - The starfighter gameplay is phenomenal. It could easily have been fleshed out to its own game if they wanted an interim title.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I have zero idea what they paid for the exclusive license, but it sure does seem like it has been underutilized.

All we have seen at this point is two fairly under baked Battlefront games that did not reach their potential.

I would have figured we would have had a Star Wars-ified game in every genre EA could imagine by this point. I was more worried we'd see a heap of trash games with the license, and I never considered it would be so disregarded. Say what you will on the quality of the latest movies, but the brand is a proven seller.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so frustrated they didn't put in a conquest mode or such in this game. I liked the shooting mechanics quite a bit and the vehicles seemed improved as well. They should have just held off a year and released a full game with Episode 9 at this point.

Supposedly conquest is coming in the winter, which of course means up to Feb 19. Hopefully it's sooner though (for Christmas please dice)

Are squads down for tomorrow? I'll admit I've played a few rounds over the last few days having been to Disney World and doing the Star Wars attractions there. My frustrations are still there but a 6 month break helped me just play it for what it is. Though the game has a fixation on sending me to Naboo almost all the time on GC.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
So far we got a couple Mobile Star Wars games and 2 Battlefront Games.

I hope Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order isn't trash

Oct 29, 2017
Well, the patch is live (I think, havent been able to check). Any impressions of the new squad system? I would think something like this would greatly alter the game since it wasnt designed originally with this in mind but curious to see how it turns out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the patch is live (I think, havent been able to check). Any impressions of the new squad system? I would think something like this would greatly alter the game since it wasnt designed originally with this in mind but curious to see how it turns out.
Seems to work pretty well except that heroes can squad spawn so late game GA is even more fucked than before.

Nov 2, 2017
Been playing the game a lot lately. Despite some of the issues with it, I still think it's oretty fun when it's not lagging on my end

The new update sounds promising and I'm excited for grievous next month.

Also, in response to the ot title "This deal....is very fair and I'm happy to be a part of it."

Kudos to those that figure out the reference

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Well I couldn't tell you. The game starts up disconnected from the servers, and then when it gives the error message that it failed to connect when you try, the entire game freezes.

Xbox version.

Oct 29, 2017
Seems to work pretty well except that heroes can squad spawn so late game GA is even more fucked than before.

Heroes can squad spawn too? oh lord.

Aww. That was fun to zap people from across the map. Only a little damage but it weas a great addition to the turret options.

Any idea when the Conquest mode gets added.

Ugh, Im so glad this is gone....so damn annoying.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah that Squad thing seems to be a quick and rushed hack job.
Very disappointing again and that this took almost a year to add is embarassing.

Oct 29, 2017
The squad thing seemed like a bad idea from the get go. The game wasnt designed for squad spawning; just throwing it in there seems like a recipe for disaster but Ill reserve my judgement until I get to play later tonight.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The squad thing seemed like a bad idea from the get go. The game wasnt designed for squad spawning; just throwing it in there seems like a recipe for disaster but Ill reserve my judgement until I get to play later tonight.
The problem is the game needs a full reboot when it comes to balance. But they didnt bother with that.

The Squad Systen would be fine if they would have properly balanced shit.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I feel like that has to do with the gametypes available. Squad mode was probably never going to work properly with the linear modes available. Now when the Conquest mode comes out that should be different.

Oct 25, 2017
So far squads seem to cause chaos on the second stage in Naboo on GA. For the defenders it's basically congregating in the small corridors and spawning right back into things upon dying, with heroes like Yoda running amok.