• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im always reminding myself why i deleted this turd of a Star Wars game. No Team Balance, only sweat lobbys, unbalanced classes, no fleshed out classes (where is a healer?, a engineer with rockets?), way too many heroes in GA, no big game mode without heroes, no conquest..
List goes on and on.

You should reinstall it just to see what a broken POS Grievous is lol

Imagine hyping up a hero that was discovered in the game files at launch and when he finally releases over one year later he doesn't even function properly.

It's actually humorous how there are no competent devs left on the DICE team working on this game. Geonosis is going to be such a clusterfuck lmao

The freaking CHAT key doesn't even work hahaha

Last edited:

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know. It's the abusive ex I keep returning to lol.

I'm trying to hold off on buying RDR2 til Black Friday and BF V early access starts soon, guh

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
So being back into this game after a longer break feels great. I love the core gameplay and Star Wars atmosphere so much.
One of the most fun games this gen for me.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
edit: problem seemingly solved
i just re-entered all ports again. found one bf4 specific port (ea site) i did not forward yet. voila also battlefront 2 seems to be working again. damn, gaming got complicated...

double edit:
after two sucessfull round the error is back again... i give up

anyone had problems with error code 3283 or 672 "unable to connect" on xbox one x? since weeks i can not play online anymore.

at first i thought it is my home network (several routers) after moving in a new house. but after spending hours to set it up properly, forwarding ports and achieving an open double nat, i slowly start thinking the problem lies elsewhere.

actually it is only with ea games. cod, sc6, gta5 or ubisoft games seem to work without problems. swbf1 and bf1 seem to work. for swbf2 i can not connect at all to a lobby at all. it will find a lobby quickly but always kicks me out during the loading screen. and bf4 lets me connect only to be kicked out after a few minutes.

i always shut down my xbox completely. reinstalled with horrendous download speed < 1mb/s and taking days. but eg no download problems with hitman2, (80gb in 2 hours). also forwarded the additional ports for ea servers, found on an ea site after googling. google searches also brought up nothing to these error codes.

i also doubt i was banned.

getting really worried now with the upcoming bf5 launch.

actually i am getting desperate...

Last edited:

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
So being back into this game after a longer break feels great. I love the core gameplay and Star Wars atmosphere so much.
One of the most fun games this gen for me.

I keep coming back to it too, but it's downright embarrassing how DICE can't seem to fix anything. Grievous is buggy as sin and he has been in the works for gods know how long.. 1 min of playtesting should have shown them thrust surge is bugged and unrelenting advance barely works/is garbage.

Plenty of force powers that have never worked (Luke repulse) or got broken (Maul's saber throw) etc.

Officers are downright broken and not fun to play against. Hats off to you if you don't feel like smashing your controller when you get flashed 10 times in a row.

I mean, I am happy my boy Kylo got his health card. But jeesh, you're still dead if you even try to use frenzy.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I keep coming back to it too, but it's downright embarrassing how DICE can't seem to fix anything. Grievous is buggy as sin and he has been in the works for gods know how long.. 1 min of playtesting should have shown them thrust surge is bugged and unrelenting advance barely works/is garbage.

Plenty of force powers that have never worked (Luke repulse) or got broken (Maul's saber throw) etc.

Officers are downright broken and not fun to play against. Hats off to you if you don't feel like smashing your controller when you get flashed 10 times in a row.

I mean, I am happy my boy Kylo got his health card. But jeesh, you're still dead if you even try to use frenzy.
Yeah, the history of this game since the pay to win fiasko is sad.
EA is a shitty/greedy company that deserves such a shitstorm and even more. I don't play Fifa, but i know how EA is doing on that front too. Really a shame.

But when i play the game i just experience a great controlling and fun shooter in Star Wars skin with a lot of content for the money.
Yesterday i had a some amazing games in Galactic Assault where you really felt how everybody participating in this battle had fun.

As i said i think mechanically Star Wars Battlefront 2 has some of the best controls in a shooter (starfighters and vehicles too!) and this element alone makes it worth to come back. It's a great game.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, the history of this game since the pay to win fiasko is sad.
EA is a shitty/greedy company that deserves such a shitstorm and even more. I don't play Fifa, but i know how EA is doing on that front too. Really a shame.

But when i play the game i just experience a great controlling and fun shooter in Star Wars skin with a lot of content for the money.
Yesterday i had a some amazing games in Galactic Assault where you really felt how everybody participating in this battle had fun.

As i said i think mechanically Star Wars Battlefront 2 has some of the best controls in a shooter (starfighters and vehicles too!) and this element alone makes it worth to come back. It's a great game.

Oh sure. The potential is definitely there. I can't fathom how EA goes 'let's abandon the game' when it's bloody Star Wars and there's still plenty of people playing it solely for that fact.
Release heros, skins and a map every once in a while! Hell, we haven't even received new weapons while there's a bunch that can be ported over from the first game. Release mods for the starter weapons to allow me to use my E-11 or DC-15 while not hilariously gimping myself.

I keep coming back to it because it's Star Wars and it tickles that itch and because the core gameplay is simple but pretty damn good and has good controls (aside from the controller drifting I keep getting).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
When is Geonosis dropping again? I may reinstall just to check that out. It's been awhile since I've played to I wooosnt mind hopping back in for a spell. Kinda sick of my MP games at the moment and don't think ill get BFV anytime soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the new mode is actually good I just want to see a few small changes to gunplay.

I would like the small penalty for shooting while moving and shooting from the hip to be removed (like the 2015 game).

I'd also like strafe while shooting speed and shooting while walking speed to be matched and slightly increased.

I'd also like the option on consoles to set the third person camera for infantry to match that of heroes and reinforcements. I personally feel it's too close right now.

Finally, if possible, I'd like blaster bolts to be increased in visual size and brightness.

Just some small things I think could really improve the game.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already predict how bugged his abilities will be.

Push will have the same shitty hit detection as Luke / Yoda

Defensive Rush will be like Grievous Unrelenting Advance and not block things properly.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the new mode is Conquest. EA/DICE insistence on keeping Conquest away from a darn Battlefront game shows that they never should have gotten the license. It's like making a Mario Kart game without a racing gamemode.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Waddup boys n gals. Started to play this again this week. Love it even if it have problems. It's the type of game I can jump in and play for 1-2 hours just for fun and I dont care if I win or lose. Have started a goal to get all heroes to level 25 so I can have them epic cards. Currently working on Emperor and Yoda.

What cards do you guys recommend for Emperor and Yoda in HvV?

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
You can count everything on one hand....
2018:
Some ported Battlefront 1 maps for the smaller modes ( it was 1 or 2 maps)
Han Solo Map nobody asked for
Geonosis

2019:
No new map announced so far

It's a real shame EA dropped the ball with the free DLC. You pay all this money for the license then you fuck about with it.

Hopefully next year we get at least 4 maps since they won't be making battlefront 3 anytime soon. The least they could do is port some of the best parts of BF1. Such as the deathstar DLC.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's a real shame EA dropped the ball with the free DLC. You pay all this money for the license then you fuck about with it.

Hopefully next year we get at least 4 maps since they won't be making battlefront 3 anytime soon. The least they could do is port some of the best parts of BF1. Such as the deathstar DLC.
It will be interesting to see how they will handle all their choke maps for that new Titan/Conquest mode that is coming in february. They really have to open up some of this maps.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Did they already confirm that the new mode would also come to existing maps?

Waddup boys n gals. Started to play this again this week. Love it even if it have problems. It's the type of game I can jump in and play for 1-2 hours just for fun and I dont care if I win or lose. Have started a goal to get all heroes to level 25 so I can have them epic cards. Currently working on Emperor and Yoda.

What cards do you guys recommend for Emperor and Yoda in HvV?

Ozzy my boy! Was wondering if you were still into Battlefront. Guess you are :-)
Can't help you with Yoda and Palpy, I'm more of a Blaster Hero user.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to give this another try since last year and I'm having decent fun. At least I can have some back and forth gunplay and not be melted instantly by every gun in this unlike that shit-show of a game that is BF5

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm thinking of buying this game for $10. If I jump in as a complete noob, am I just going to be smashed and not have any fun?

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017

To be honest I'm worried we'll never see a Battlefront 3. :(

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
If we do it won't be until next gen.

I could see that. I just hope they can do it right next time. Who knows maybe with next gen we'll finally get the space to ground battles we always wanted. (Probably not lmao)

Next gen is perfect.

Lads I haven't seen the han solo map anywhere yet. What game modes is it in?

I'm pretty sure it's only in the extraction game mode. I could be wrong though.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I could see that. I just hope they can do it right next time. Who knows maybe with next gen we'll finally get the space to ground battles we always wanted. (Probably not lmao)

I'm pretty sure it's only in the extraction game mode. I could be wrong though.

Couldn't get a lobby going tonight is this mode not popular