• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Haven't been able to snag an AT-TE yet but I'm getting tons of kills with the other vehicles which has really helped my Armor and Speeder levels go up.

Also since they've hinted at more 2019 content, im betting we'll get at least one more big map end of next year for episode 9, obviously hoping for more than that. More clone wars maps seem likely since Ahsoka and Padme are in the files

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The prequels are trash movies but the actual large scale war setting lends itself to video games quite nicely.
Plus the TV show is quite popular I guess

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eh I'm not ashamed to say I like Revenge of the Sith.

Attack of the Clones is possible the worst film of all time though.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Obi-Wan seems pretty bad to me. At least on Geonosis, which admittedly isn't an ideal map for lightsaber Heroes but still. I got him to level 27 so I've used him a bunch (double XP sure does help) but I don't see how you'd be able to take down pretty much any competent villain with Kenobi in a fair fight.

And this sure felt great:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Cool map, but playing with a tank on the droid-site feels like a waste. You get shredded in no time and there seems to be no cover at all. I did way more damage and made more points with the assault class. But I need to play more.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Haven't been able to snag an AT-TE yet but I'm getting tons of kills with the other vehicles which has really helped my Armor and Speeder levels go up.

Also since they've hinted at more 2019 content, im betting we'll get at least one more big map end of next year for episode 9, obviously hoping for more than that. More clone wars maps seem likely since Ahsoka and Padme are in the files

That's been my hope since this game was released. I didn't think it made sense to release a third game this gen, since BFII already encompasses all three major eras (my main complaint with the 2015 game). I lost hope in most of 2018 that this game would last until the release of EP IX, but given recent announcements I'm feeling newly optimistic about some kind of support for Ep IX, especially since they won't really need to develop new hero models, just new skins.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That's been my hope since this game was released. I didn't think it made sense to release a third game this gen, since BFII already encompasses all three major eras (my main complaint with the 2015 game). I lost hope in most of 2018 that this game would last until the release of EP IX, but given recent announcements I'm feeling newly optimistic about some kind of support for Ep IX, especially since they won't really need to develop new hero models, just new skins.
I am still hoping for a Battlefront III with all the content of the second game and a lot of more new stuff and some refined mechanics.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obi-Wan seems pretty bad to me. At least on Geonosis, which admittedly isn't an ideal map for lightsaber Heroes but still. I got him to level 27 so I've used him a bunch (double XP sure does help) but I don't see how you'd be able to take down pretty much any competent villain with Kenobi in a fair fight.

And this sure felt great:

That's just an issue with lightsaber heroes in general. The i-frames while dodge rolling are way too much.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Came back to this thanks to the latest update, new maps is real nice but wow, I was sleeping on Ewok Hunt! It's the Spies vs Mercs game I had been longing for.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
(PS4) Every time I hit Play Galactic Assault it loads for about five seconds before kicking me back out to the main menu. Choosing Galactic Assault from the Multiplayer tab hangs on "searching" indefinitely. Game & console up-to-date, did a cold reset, network's working, etc. Argh.

Edit: Eventually sorted itself out.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be funny -- and unlikely -- if this game gets the service its due two years late.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they need to completely rework saber Heroes in GA.

Pick 1:

Completely eliminate i-frames during rolling

Keep the i-frames but make all saber attacks 1 hit kills against regular infantry

Keep i-frames and current damage and double Hero health or durability.

One of those. Saber Heroes are shit in GA right now.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in a long time, but I just know that Rey and Vader have been the only consistently reliable lightsabers on the roster for GA.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I fired up for round of geonosis yesterday and it was chop city on my framerate. I didnt have time to restart and see if it was just my xbox being weird or not yet. I'm talking like 15-20 fps or something.

Anyone else run into this?

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Sucks that they already removed the Geonosis only playlist... playing the terrible vanilla maps is just night and day when it comes to the design and openness. Tired of choke city naboo and kamino...

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalled BFII and I'm still having a great time.

Had a fantastic match on Geonosis. Give me more maps like this pls. Makes me want NotConquest more and more

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man a fully leveled Bossk is so fucking OP in HvV. Fast, jumps farther than any lightside hero, grenades and dioxis cont require precision, proximity mines kill in one hit.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Now that Thrust Surge has been (mostly) fixed, I'm wrecking people with Grievous. His damage output with an upgraded Sith Trained card is ridiculous, as is his reach with an upgraded Jedi Killer card. I'm fully expecting him to get nerfed rather soon, he's too good.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its just me, but it seems like its so much more fun to play the Dark Side in HvV.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought this on release, loved it from day one but havent played it so much online, until now, this game is solid now, i think everyone that likes starwars or fast fluid arcadish gameplay should buy this NOW!

And the still pumping new free dlc, the last update is awsome, and the map looks so good!!

Battlefront has never been better then this imo.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought this on release, loved it from day one but havent played it so much online, until now, this game is solid now, i think everyone that likes starwars or fast fluid arcadish gameplay should buy this NOW!

And the still pumping new free dlc, the last update is awsome, and the map looks so good!!

Disagree

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I play the new games a lot, far more than many would even give time for, but they are shadows of what these games could be under a developer that cares more.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my fucking god what is the deal with this pointless 10 second delay DICE added before you can select a Vehicle or Hero? It literally serves no purpose outside of being absolutely infuriating and bafflingly idiotic.

And of course Obi Wan's charge up force push works correctly MAYBE 25% of the time. It either doesn't charge up or hit detect properly. Lmao

Last edited:

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Haha thanks to that Battlepoints glitch me and a friend boosted each other a lot of levels lol
Got Obi Wan to lvl 40 and reached max general level 50.

We got some salty messages xD
But i dont care anymore at this point. When DICE doesnt care, i dont care.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I played some Geonosis this weekend and... I forgot how bad I am at this game's ground combat. Hoo boy. I couldn't do anything. I had to jump back into Starfighter Assault afterward for a few matches to get my self-esteem back. Which reminds me, DICE, can we get the Battle Over Coruscant as a Starfighter Assault map?

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk about you guys but I just cannot get enough of the glitchy fucking ragdoll spam that happens when you try to literally do anything as a Hero and someone on the other team Push / Pulls / Charges you.

SO fun

And btw the hit indicators still point the wrong direction 50% of the time lmfao, been like that since Day 1.

Hears hoping some competent devs trickle back in now that BFV is out...

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure about anybody else, but I have an alert set for this thread as Im still occasionally playing it. Whenever I see the alert I always take bets with myself whether or not its a Spartancarver frustration post.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about anybody else, but I have an alert set for this thread as Im still occasionally playing it. Whenever I see the alert I always take bets with myself whether or not its a Spartancarver frustration post.

Fair.

My Star Wars fanboyism gets the better of me and I keep giving this junkpile a chance lol

Oct 29, 2017
So I only played Geonosis a couple times but I would like clarificaiton on a few things. So you have to destroy the Clone tanks to win as the droids, I get that but do the Clones always get 3 on the field at once regardless? For example, if they have 1 tank left before they lose, do they still get 3 tanks currently in play?

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I only played Geonosis a couple times but I would like clarificaiton on a few things. So you have to destroy the Clone tanks to win as the droids, I get that but do the Clones always get 3 on the field at once regardless? For example, if they have 1 tank left before they lose, do they still get 3 tanks currently in play?

The number of tanks shown at the top is how many they have in reserve. Once that hits 0, you still have to clear whatever tanks are left on the field.

They can have up to 3 active at one time.